1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 16:36
    An excellent way for a Christian to share about that truth of Salvation in Christ.

'How Do I Share?'
    Part two of a two-part series
    Q: "Is there anything that will help me to do the very thing I want so much to do—to tell others that I have found a way of surviving death, living forever, being forgiven of my sins and exploring the goodness of God forever?"

by William Fay

A: Since 1981 I have spoken with more than 30,000 people on a one-to-one basis and have watched the power of the Gospel change lives. I also have entered a wonderful world of freedom. I know I have never led anyone to Jesus—though I have been around a lot when the Holy Spirit has done so.

In witnessing I have learned to ask five simple questions:
    Do you have any kind of spiritual belief?

To you, who is Jesus?

Do you think there is a heaven or a hell?

If you died, where would you go?
    And the key question is:
    If what you're believing is not true, would you want to know?
    Out of the thousands of times I've asked these questions, not once—not ever—have I had a "No" that stuck.

The idea of the questions is to get permission from a person to open my Bible. When that happens, two key biblical principles come into play: Principle No. 1, from Romans 10:17, is that faith comes from hearing. Principle No. 2, from Luke 10:26, is that we can emulate Jesus as He asked a man who was reading the law, "What is written?" and "How do you read it?"

To put these principles together, you can place your Bible in front of people and have them read Romans 3:23 out loud. When they finish, apply the second biblical principle: "What does it say to you?"

If they say something like, "Well, we've all sinned," then I say, "You're correct." Then I turn to the next Scripture. We are not arguing, because the Holy Spirit does all the convicting and convincing. At this point I am in the page-turning business, and I have one goal: to stay out of God's way. My preferred order of Scripture is Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, John 3:3, John 14:6, Romans 10:9-11 and Revelation 3:20.

Once you have shared those Scriptures, say something like, "If you can say 'yes' from your heart to these next five questions, you probably are ready to commit your life to Christ."
    Are you are sinner?

Do you want forgiveness of all your sin?

Do you believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for you and rose again?

Are you willing to take your life and surrender it to Jesus Christ?

Are you ready to invite Christ into your life and into your heart?
    There are only two possible answers to those questions—yes or no. If they say "yes" from their heart, the Bible tells us they can be saved.

If they say "no" to any or all of them, respond with one simple question: "Why?" The response gives us something to talk about. I never force a decision on anyone, because love never forces. Jesus never healed anyone who didn't want to be healed.

God has left us on this planet to be His witnesses (Matthew 28:19-20). He doesn't ask us for conversions; He asks only for our obedience. When we obey Him by sharing our faith, we know all of the good things that we have in Christ Jesus our Lord (Philemon 1:6), and we find a complete revitalization of our Christian life.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 19:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Copenhagen
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 19:58
    Are you are sinner?
    Yeah, I guess.

Do you want forgiveness of all your sin?
    No, not really.
    Why not?
    I'd like to think, that my sins has molded me as a human being, that they have shown me where I went wrong in my earlier life. If I were to be without sin, it means that I would deny my identity.

Do you believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for you and rose again?
    No.
    Why not?
    Allthough I do believe that a person named Jesus did live and die on a cross around 30 A.D. I don't believe he has any influence on my life, other than having provided a starting point for the calendar I use today.

Are you willing to take your life and surrender it to Jesus Christ?
    No.
    Why not?
    Why should I surrender my life to some random guy who died 2000 years ago. I'd rather rely on myself being responible for my actions towards my fellow human beings.

Are you ready to invite Christ into your life and into your heart?
    No.
    Why not?
    As stated earlier, I don't like the idea of shifting the blame to someone else. You alone are responible for your actions in life.

4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 20:21
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    If you put the same amount of effort into selling cars that you do selling Jesus, you'd work for five years and never again work a day in your life.
    Life is not about money, and or relaxing from a good job.
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 21:51
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    An excellent way for a Christian to share about that truth of Salvation in Christ.
    Be Christ to one another. That is, specifically, be help to those in
    need. Give to the poor, homeless, hungry and afflicted.

Faith requires works. (St James 2:14-26; St Matthew 26:31-46)

When you stop being a walking advertisement for Pharisitic Christianity
    then we might listen to your claims to knowledge about your and
    everyone else's salvation.

Nemesio
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 22:33
    Originally posted by Nemesio

Nemesio
    That there in Matthew, He speecks to non-believers about how they treated his believers.
    People see the book of Matthew as a baby Jesus.
    But the Revelation book talks about the King and ruler of the universe.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 22:341 edit

Nemesio

Did I hear someone say something?
  8. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 02:49
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    If you put the same amount of effort into selling cars that you do selling Jesus, you'd work for five years and never again work a day in your life.
    Nice thing about selling Jesus is He does not break down, His warrenty never runs out, insurance doesn't cost anything it is provided, all can buy no matter what their credit is 🙂
  9. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 11:57
    Originally posted by Una
    Nice thing about selling Jesus is He does not break down, His warrenty never runs out, insurance doesn't cost anything it is provided, all can buy no matter what their credit is 🙂
    And like most good salesmen, the fundies promise the earth and then only offer to deliver after the person is dead...
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 17:20

Nemesio
    Nemesio I will say this you can't do all these thing unless you come to Jesus first and you do it to Glorify him and God.

If you do all this without knowing Jesus then you do it all in vain.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 17:27
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    And like most good salesmen, the fundies promise the earth and then only offer to deliver after the person is dead...
    Jesus says your eternal life starts after you accept him.

He says when you accept him you can live a more abundant life.
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 18:16
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Nemesio I will say this you can't do all these thing unless you come to Jesus first and you do it to Glorify him and God.

If you do all this without knowing Jesus then you do it all in vain.
    Let's assume I believe that this is true (which I don't)...

Either way, you can't be a Christian and not do these things, and do them routinely
    to the best of your ability.

So, I'll ask you, RBHILL, Mr Christian, you spend a lot of time writing posts on this
    site. How much more time do you spend building houses for the poor, or working
    in a soup kitchen, or visiting the imprisoned?

I'd hope it's at least twice as much time as you spend here.

Nemesio
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 18:20

Either way, you can't be a Christian and not do these things, and do them routinely

So, I'll ask you, RBHILL, Mr Christian, you spend a lot of time writing posts on this
    in a sou ...[text shortened]... ing the imprisoned?

Nemesio
    You are absolutely correct when stating that Christians should give selflessly when they can, Nemesio.

God calls His children to different vocations, when it comes to spreading the Good News. There are brothers and sisters who are in much better positions to devote large portions of their time solely to helping the poor and down trodden. Now we should all do it when we can, without question. But I believe RB and I, among a few other of my brethren, have been called here to spread the Good News to you all. It pleases God far more when one of you comes to Him than anything else we can do for Him.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:18

in a sou ...[text shortened]... ing the imprisoned?

Nemesio
    Darfius the Servant is correct. We have been Called to do this. If you read your Bible Jesus commanded to Preach the Gospel to the world. And if you have notice lately that I have been spending less time online, so you spoke to soon LOL. I finally got myself back in a Church now. And I will prabably start doing things for the Lord again other then here. The Chruch that I am starting to go to sends me e-mails on where and when I can help at all different things.

What do you thing of Preachers all they do is preach, but I will say they did lots of stuff for the Lord before they became a Preachers.

And for you to do all the stuff he says in Matthew you must be a Christian for it not to be in vain. And if you are not doing that stuff after you accepted Chrsit well then start doing it.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:05
    Originally posted by Darfius
    God calls His children to different vocations, when it comes to spreading the Good News.
    Jesus is 100% explicit in St Matthew 26:31-46 that all nations (or, if
    you prefer a monopolized interpretation of that, then all Christians)
    are called to the vocation of helping those in physical need (hunger,
    thirst, clothing, lonely).

All other vocations may or may not be a 'calling,' but these vocations
    listed in Jesus's own Words are mandatory for all nations.

You can claim that you are absolved because you are doing something
    else, but it is Biblically unsupportable.

I don't care if you preach, but if you preach with out living out the life
    dictated in St Matthew 26, then you are just a hypocritical Pharisee.

So, I'll ask again. How much time did you spend witnessing at RHP
    and how much time did you spend attending to the needs of the poor?
    RBHILL? Darfius?

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree