1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 20:48
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    [b]Ephesians 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers...

And ALL were called to help the poor.

Well sense I have found a new Church resently, I know I will get that chance to go to some homeless shelter to feed the poor and hungry and mayb ...[text shortened]... Always. There are always people who need you to help them.
    You CHOOSE not to do so.

Nemesio
    People of this world are LOST and that is way Jesus came.
    People who help the Poor without knowing who Jesus is won't matter to him, that will not work for them.

The PEOPLE of this world are more Spiritually hungry then Physically hungry. And no I am not talking about the country Hungry.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 20:50
    [b]Ephesians 4:11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers...

And ALL were called to help the poor.

Well sense I have found a new Church resently, I know I will get that chance to go to some homeless shelter to feed the poor and hungry and mayb ...[text shortened]... Always. There are always people who need you to help them.
    You CHOOSE not to do so.

Nemesio
    I don't see you helping them.

But I choose to preach and soon I will be helping, I have yet to meet my new Pastor and I will ask him. But when I will feed the hungry I will give God the Glory not myself.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 21:02
    The PEOPLE of this world are more Spiritually hungry then Physically hungry. And no I am not talking about the country Hungry.
    Are you suggesting that there aren't hungry Christians in this world
    (you know, 'your brethren'😉? If you are, then you are a liar. There are
    many, many hungry 'saved' Christians that you are ignoring, people
    who are spiritually sated but physically hungry.

You are ignoring them, and so you will be cast along with the goats,
    you Pharisee.

Nemesio
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 21:05
    I don't see you helping them.
    1) They do, and that is all that matters;
    2) I don't claim to be a literalist, and so the concern of damnation as
    it pertains to this issue does not exist; and,
    3) I do not give alms publically, like a hypocrite Pharisee.

You are so busy patting yourself on your back for being 'saved' and
    being a 'holy Christian' and 'a sinner but forgiven' that you have
    ignored the explicit COMMAND of your Lord and Savior to attend
    to the need of the poor.

Jesus didn't say, 'Preach and help the poor when you find a church.'
    He said, 'Feed the hungry...'

If you aren't doing this, then off with the goats you will go.

Nemesio
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 22:03
    1) They do, and that is all that matters;
    2) I don't claim to be a literalist, and so the concern of damnation as
    it pertains to this issue does not exist; and,
    3) I do not give alms publically, like a hypocrite Pharisee.

being a 'holy Christian' and 'a sinner but forgiven' ...[text shortened]... ed the hungry...'

Nemesio
    I suppose when Jesus tells Peter to 'feed His sheep', He was telling Peter to be sure and feed His literal sheeps when He was gone, eh?

It's funny how you mock literalists and then become one when it suits you, Nemesio.
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 22:05
    How can 'all nations' be gathered and [b]Judgment be pronounced on those
    who are present (again: all nations) and have the explicit criterion be 'helping
    those in need' and it not be necessary?

Nemesio[/b]
    Feeding sheep means feeding the spirit.

Are you attempting to get us to believe that Jesus said His sacrifice on the cross was NOT enough to save mankind? We will need more proof of your assertion than an implausible interpretation of Matthew 25.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 23:48
    Are you suggesting that there aren't hungry Christians in this world
    (you know, 'your brethren'😉? If you are, then you are a liar. There are
    many, many hungry 'saved' Christians that you are ignoring, people
    who are spiritually sated but physically hungry.

you Pharisee.

Nemesio
    The Bible says that we have all lied in your life time. Don't get me wrong, I always thought you were talking about unbelievers.
    I am always good to my Christian brothers, I always pay for everything, because my parents give me money.
    ==
    Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
    ==
    Don't think that I don't help the Christians. I always buy the food and movie tickets all the time, but that comes from the money that God gives me from my Parents.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 23:50

you Pharisee.

Nemesio
    Don't you see Salvations is a free gift, it can't be taken away. God never will leave a backslider. Goats are unbelievers.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 23:53

Nemesio
    You have no athority to say where I will go, that is between God and me. I know I am saved, it is because of the Spirit of God that testifies with my spirit, and my personal testamony. 1 John 5:13
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 00:07

being a 'holy Christian' and 'a sinner but forgiven
    Everone is a SINNER.
    I am not bragging at all, if any bragging at all for being saved I am bragging for what God has done for me. I can't save myself only he can. All Christians are Holy in the eyes of God.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 00:10
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I suppose when Jesus tells Peter to 'feed His sheep', He was telling Peter to be sure and feed His literal sheeps when He was gone, eh?

It's funny how you mock literalists and then become one when it suits you, Nemesio.
    Yes, Nemesio quit Mocking God.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
  12. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 00:22
    Everone is a SINNER.
    Not me!

I'm Australian. I'm not even sure where Sin is? Somewhere in India perhaps?

What a bizarre tirade from you Mr Hill.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 00:321 edit
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Not me!

I'm Australian. I'm not even sure where Sin is? Somewhere in India perhaps?

What a bizarre tirade from you Mr Hill.
    Like I said to Nemesiosissy qiut mocking God's Word.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

And go read Romans 3:23
  14. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 00:501 edit
    Darfius the Servant is correct. We have been Called to do this. If you read your Bible Jesus commanded to Preach the Gospel to the world. And if you have notice lately that I have been spending less time online, so you spoke to soon LOL. ...[text shortened]... g that stuff after you accepted Chrsit well then start doing it.
    NKJV
    Mat 26:31-46

31: Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
    32: But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
    33: Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
    34: Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
    35: Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.
    36: Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
    37: And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
    38: Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
    39: And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
    40: And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
    41: Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
    42: He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
    43: And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
    44: And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
    45: Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
    46: Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

Pardon me, but I am not sure you have the correct scriptures. This paticular passage is dealing with Jesus just prior to the authorites arresting Him. Nothing is said about the poor or preaching the gospel.
  15. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 04:02
    Like I said to Nemesiosissy qiut mocking God's Word.

And go read Romans 3:23
    Excuse me!

I am not mocking your god. I am mocking you.

And it isn't hard. What in the world does "Like I said to Nemesiosissy qiut mocking God's Word" mean? What is a Nemesiosissy? A species of butterfly? And I can't really tell you what a "qlut" is. Probably a small russian fish used in the sex industry.

I have had the pleasure of reading Romans 3:23 and all it tells me is that "everyone is a sinner." That's a claim by your book. It doesn't relate to the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree