1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 13:55
    sold their land and gave the majority of the money as a gift to the apostles. one of the apostles has the cheek to ask if thats all the money they got from the sale (how rude!!!). they lied and said yes (probably because they didnt want to give the ungrateful, greedy apostles anymore cash). so god strikes them down!!!!! shocking behavior from the big guy. sounds more like a mafia protection racket!!!!
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 14:18
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    sold their land and gave the majority of the money as a gift to the apostles. one of the apostles has the cheek to ask if thats all the money they got from the sale (how rude!!!). they lied and said yes (probably because they didnt want to give the ungrateful, greedy apostles anymore cash). so god strikes them down!!!!! shocking behavior from the big guy. sounds more like a mafia protection racket!!!!
    That was OT God's warning - "Don't get too comfortable with Junior's laxity - I'm still watching!"
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 22:58
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That was OT God's warning - "Don't get too comfortable with Junior's laxity - I'm still watching!"
    No we are looking at NT here. As these guys wrote their own history it was by no means a bad idea to incorporate adequate financial arrangements for its future. Not only is this guy God they said, adjusting their concept of monotheism to accommodate some details that were causing questions in the back seats, but also He thinks you would be wise to unburden yourself of excess material wealth and hand it over to His properly appointed agents. Trust us to see it gets to a good cause. It'll all work out in the next life.

American religious broadcasting has developed this idea further and secures a very attractive return on invesment, making Christianity as compatible with capitalism as it ever was with its earlier manifestations. A bit like the shopping channels but tending more to the negative hard sell than the positive, soft selling purr of the fast moving consumer goods people and of course the religious channels do not guarantee money back if you are dissatisfied. Maybe that is why some people imagine God is like a black hole, one of the wonders of the cosmos.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 06:19
    ...they lied and said yes (probably because they didnt want to give the ungrateful, greedy apostles anymore cash).
    They didn't have to give any of it to the church; the assets were theirs before they sold the roperty and the cash was theirs to do as they pleased after they had sold it.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 18:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    They didn't have to give any of it to the church; the assets were theirs before they sold the roperty and the cash was theirs to do as they pleased after they had sold it.
    Yes it was their's and now it is not their's. That is how it works. That is how the American religious broadcasters make their millions. It was their's. Now it is our's.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 18:09
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Yes it was their's and now it is not their's. That is how it works. That is how the American religious broadcasters make their millions. It was their's. Now it is our's.
    Are you suggesting that the apostle Peter had Ananias and Sapphira murdered for not declaring and giving over all their money?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 01:21
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The orignal agreement was with the Holy Spirit to sell the land and contribute it for the good of all the Christian community. They held back some of the money, which was equal to thief and then lied to the Holy Spirit. This is equal to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and a very serious crime that is unforgivable, so it was by God's mercy that they were put out of their misery. A lesson to all of us.

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  8. England
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 08:23
    they died... not killed for lieing
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 11:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 16:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The orignal agreement was with the Holy Spirit to sell the land and contribute it for the good of all the Christian community. They held back some of the money, which was equal to thief and then lied to the Holy Spirit. This is equal to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and a very serious crime that is unforgivable, so it was by God's mercy that they were ...[text shortened]... of their misery. A lesson to all of us.

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Yessir, a GREAT god you have there. Pardon me while I puke.
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 23:17
    Are you suggesting that the apostle Peter had Ananias and Sapphira murdered for not declaring and giving over all their money?
    I think you should be asking stellspalfie who can take responsibility for his own posts. I have enough work to do with my own, thanks.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 23:57
    lets just say that peter 'aint no angel'.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 00:111 edit
    lets just say that peter 'aint no angel'.
    It kind of reminds me of the time my Mormon sister coerced me to go to one of her meetings.

So I go, the priest or whatever they call him said, we have a special guest, a 'deacon?' from Utah, to speak to you.

So his first words:

I didn't like the way you said Amen at the end of that hymn, it was just a bit lethargic.

So to get on to why I am here: There are some of you in the audience not giving your 10% tithe. WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE and will be sending out special emissaries to your houses to discuss the issue.

Ok, priest (or whatever his title was, forget now), Back to you!

Well as you can imagine, I was creeped out. Never went back again. And never will go back either.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 00:172 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yessir, a GREAT god you have there. Pardon me while I puke.
    Do you want all people to get away with lying and stealing and all manner of evil? Perhaps that is because you are a liar and a thief. 😏

P.S. The point is that one may get away with lying to men, but one can't get away with lying to God.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 02:58
    Laying the money at their feet "said it was all" they didn't have to do that,
    but they held some back and wanted the credit for giving all. Had they not
    done that they would have been fine. It was their money, Peter pointed out
    to them it was within their power to do whatever they wanted, it was the
    lie that cost them.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree