1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 04:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ah. Misha Tal, he took the robotic and clinical scientific analysis of the Botvinnic, and returned chess to an intuitive art form! we shall drink the Meade of poetry with the illustrious Tal, to his memory Beetle 🙂
    I'm on board with those sentiments!
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 15:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes it was collective, however how does being spread eagled by some Viking marauders strike you, or being thrown into a pit of hungry dogs as a punishment, or being coerced to fight lions and wild beasts in the Colosseum, for blood thirsty crowds as an entertainment, strike you? thus simply because a morality was uniform and widely accepted does not ...[text shortened]... that's ok, i dont mind, but you must try at least to provide a reason for your disapproval. 🙂
    First of all regarding your first comments about being spread-eagled by a Viking (I think the term you're looking for is Blood Eagled - but I digress) and so on. Let's face it medeival society was brutal at times both before and after Christianity, but that's a side argument and I'll leave it for now.

To the main point, in order for me to agree with you I'd have to agree that everyone should become Christian and really and truly live by the teachings of Christ. I'm a realist I know that is not going to happen and so I recognize the need for secular law that can maintain a society where people come from different cultures and religions. Beyond that I don't have a problem living in a society where the law is heavily influenced by Judeo Christian values. I'm quite thankful for that. It sure as hell beats Sharia Law where a heathen like me would probably be executed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree