1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 03:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so lets get this, seeking out others for sex play or mutual masturbation never leads to
    homosexuality and its absurd to think that it does, yeah shining bright FMF, shining
    bright!
    The article asserts that masturbation can [and frequently does] lead into homosexuality. I think this is patently absurd. Homosexuality can lead to mutual sex play, of course. The article has got it the wrong way around. I understand fully your obligation to defend it.
  2. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 03:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I only saw this headline today on AOL and as a Christian I am very interested in the Last Days that the Bible describes and is happeneing now. This scurge of homosexuality is off the scale and I wanted to share this article I saw today. I know some here will not agree that any of this is wrong and that in itself proves the moral decline and the times we live in.
    Homosexuality is a scourge? You are losing me man. Its a choice that man/woman is free to make. I don't have to like it, but I don't condemn them.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 03:59
    Yes. But seeing how many do not agree with the Bible and God's views that usually doesn't happen.
    But if one who gets the point of God's view and sees the wrong in it then they should condemn the actions.
    Do you accept murder?
    No I don't "accept" murder. Do you equate murder with homosexuality?
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    Yes. But seeing how many do not agree with the Bible and God's views that usually doesn't happen.
    But if one who gets the point of God's view and sees the wrong in it then they should condemn the actions.
    Do you accept murder?
    What a ludicrous comparison. Murder?! Are you serious?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    Originally posted by FMF
    The article asserts that masturbation can [and frequently does] lead into homosexuality. I think this is patently absurd. Homosexuality can lead to mutual sex play, of course. The article has got it the wrong way around. I understand fully your obligation to defend it.
    So your opinion vs a well respected study? Ok, your right.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:01
    So your opinion vs a well respected study? Ok, your right.
    "Watchtower 1973 Sep 15 pp.564-5 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?" is a well respected study?
  7. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Watchtower 1973 Sep 15 pp.564-5 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?" is a well respected study?
    The watchtower in general is a well respected publication? Millions subscribe to playboy too, is that well respected? Your publication is based on the view of your "Elders". The leaders of your church use this publication as a guidline of YOUR religion. It is their opinion, not fact.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    No I don't "accept" murder. Do you equate murder with homosexuality?
    Sorry that was a typo. I meant thievery. The scripture I'm referring to is at:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
    New Living Translation (NLT)

9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Pretty clear about a lot of things that God will never accept. Homosexuality is very clearly stated here as well as many other scriptures.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    the article does not state that masturbation leads to homosexuality on its own, the
    whole premise of the statement is qualified, beginning with the conjunctive Or
    (demonstrating an entirely different premise to that of introversion), and is qualified by
    seeking another with which to masturbate. You are being intellectually dishonest to
    state otherwise, but then again, that is what we have come to expect in spirituality it
    seems. Bosse de Nage recognised it for what it is as can anyone who reads it, your
    insistence that the article states that masturbation on ones own, that is, by oneself,
    leads to homosexuality is simply a falsehood and your insistence on perpetuating the
    charade is pathetic in the original sense of the word.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:491 edit

9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice h ...[text shortened]... will never accept. Homosexuality is very clearly stated here as well as many other scriptures.
    oops, adultery is on that list. looks like most christians are out. but female prostitutes... they're not on the list!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:49
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    The watchtower in general is a well respected publication? Millions subscribe to playboy too, is that well respected? Your publication is based on the view of your "Elders". The leaders of your church use this publication as a guidline of YOUR religion. It is their opinion, not fact.
    Actually its based on the Bible, just to note, we did not write the Bible, FYI.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:51
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    oops, adultery is on that list. looks like most christians are out.
    Geeks like you shouldn't need to worry, a barrel load of lynx couldn't make the ladies
    come running, in your case , they should call it jynx.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:57

9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice h ...[text shortened]... will never accept. Homosexuality is very clearly stated here as well as many other scriptures.
    The homosexuals need help to overcome their abnormality, but so do all
    of us in one way or another. Orignal sin has tainted the human race
    with a virus that affects us all. The theory of evolution will not help us,
    for there is no evolution. Only the creator Himself knows enough to
    save us from eventual destruction and extinction.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 04:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the article does not state that masturbation leads to homosexuality on its own, the
    whole premise of the statement is qualified, beginning with the conjunctive Or
    (demonstrating an entirely different premise to that of introversion), and is qualified by
    seeking another with which to masturbate. You are being intellectually dishonest to
    state ...[text shortened]... and your insistence on perpetuating the
    charade is pathetic in the original sense of the word.
    This section of the article:

Because the practice is one "contrary to nature," the masturbator pays a mental penalty. The habitual practice cripples his social and emotional development, hinders his attaining a healthful outlook and attitude toward the other sex and toward people in general. It can 'turn the person inward' upon himself, making him introverted. Or it can, and frequently does, lead into homosexuality, in which the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play. ...

...is ludicrous.

It is homosexuality which leads to homosexual acts such as mutual masturbation. Seeking another of the same sex with whom to masturbate is a function of the homosexuality of those involved, not a function of the masturbation. The article has got it completely the wrong way around.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 05:02
    Sorry that was a typo. I meant thievery.
    No I don't "accept" thievery. Do you equate thievery with homosexuality?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree