1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 09:43
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

bravo! can i get a "Praise jesus!" for our brother in faith robbie?
    I'll give you a "Braise Jebus" 🙂

Yes, robbiecarrobie is a politician of the spiritual, marrying YEC views with Islamophobia of the worst kind. Apart from that he seems a nice enough bloke with a good brain.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 09:54
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Pity that many Christians don't dismiss evolutionary theory, eh. Mendel, for example.

Popper: "I have come to the conclusion that Darwinism is not a testable scientific theory, but a metaphysical research programme---a possible framework for testable scientific theories. "

He's talking specifically about Darwin's theory of natural selection, not ...[text shortened]... al existence of demons. Not that I have a problem with that; I just need confirmation.
    And in addition, Popper is always aware of the concept of "World 1, World 2 and World 3", according to wich -BTW- we are in front of an interesting conclusion: "religion", -any religion!-, a concept which Popper considers that belongs to the World 3, is...

Do ye remember what is it, robbie pal?
    😵
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:02

Yes, robbiecarrobie is a politician of the spiritual, marrying YEC views with Islamophobia of the worst kind. Apart from that he seems a nice enough bloke with a good brain.
    which only accentuates the feeling of sadness at the blatant waste of good brain power.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You'll need more than seven edits to make this pile of garbage plausible.
    another edit policeman, ne naw ne naw! why don't you try posting something with relevance and content rather than dogmatic statements and try a little objectivity for once it will do you the world of good!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your anti-evolutionary stance boils down to one thing, and one thing only: words. Words in a 2000 year old text that you don't even know has been translated correctly, not that that matters because they didn't know squat about the real world, only the fantasies they made up and you fell for it hook line and sinker. You emote scepticism like a the air that f ...[text shortened]... ity, reason. You subjugate reason to dogma. Shame on you for self lobotomizing your brain.
    um i dont mean to be rude or anything but i dont know if you noticed, i was not the author of those words, those were the words of eminent evolutionists, not mine, i merely reproduced them to show that Darwinian evolution, correctly identified by bosse, was not nor can be subject to the scientific model, that's all, if you can refute this then be my guest!
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    um i dont mean to be rude or anything but i dont know if you noticed, i was not the author of those words, those were the words of eminent evolutionists, not mine, i merely reproduced them to show that Darwinian evolution, correctly identified by bosse, was not nor can be subject to the scientific model, that's all, if you can refute this then be my guest!
    Wrong again. These are Popper's exact words:

However, Darwin's own most important contribution to the theory of evolution, his theory of natural selection, is difficult to test. There are some tests, even some experimental tests; and in some cases, such as the famous phenomenom known as "industrial melanism", we can observe natural selection happening under our very eyes, as it were. Nevertheless, really severe tests of the theory of natural selection are hard to come by, much more so than tests of otherwise comparable theories in physics or chemistry.

You've -- disingenuously -- distorted Popper's views to prove your own point (and, perhaps, twhitehead's).
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:11

Bosse my dear friend, i am not a YEC, infact i did not even know what a YEC was until that bad ol putty cat Zelhanzi while in the process of calling me an idiot enlightened me to what it was, its absurd to hold that the earth is a mere 6000 years old, its goes against all scientifically establish geological data, no no my dear friend, the earth is easily millions, billions of years old.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:14
    he was referring to your blind faith in genesis
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:16
    Wrong again. These are Popper's exact words:

However, Darwin's own most important contribution to the theory of evolution, his theory of natural selection, is [b]difficult to test
    . There are some tests, even some experimental tests; and in some cases, such as the famous phenomenom known as "industrial melanism", we can observe natural selection ...[text shortened]... nuously -- distorted Popper's views to prove your own point (and, perhaps, twhitehead's).[/b]
    actually if you look at the wording again my friend i stated that Popper was the source of Dobzhansky statement, not that this was his actual words, one must be quite clear about this
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:16
    Bosse my dear friend, i am not a YEC, infact i did not even know what a YEC was until that bad ol putty cat Zelhanzi while in the process of calling me an idiot enlightened me to what it was, its absurd to hold that the earth is a mere 6000 years old, its goes against all scientifically establish geological data, no no my dear friend, the earth is easily millions, billions of years old.
    and that fits in with genesis how?

or you dont thing genesis is real either?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:181 edit
    he was referring to your blind faith in genesis
    right that's it for you my friend, three strikes and you are out! you have termed me brainwashed, an idiot, idiotic, blind, enough of your condescension and ill will, you're out as far as i am concerned!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:19
    and that fits in with genesis how?

or you dont thing genesis is real either?
    The REAL genesis is real, the one that happened 15 billion years ago in the big baboom.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:21
    which only accentuates the feeling of sadness at the blatant waste of good brain power.
    At least he knows the earth is not 6000 years old, he said that much. Anyone who believes that has to have such a convoluted sense of logic as to defy reason, blatantly.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:22
    OK ... Give me the scientific explanation for the Nephilim, extended antediluvian lifespans ...
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 10:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The REAL genesis is real, the one that happened 15 billion years ago in the big baboom.
    we call that the big baboom. genesis is a termed used to refer to the bible event 6000 years ago or to the phill collins band(not a bad band)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree