1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 22:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Anxiety disorder (GAD) can be quite debilitating I understand and you have my sympathy and a little empathy, as I've suffered with anxiety a little myself of a couple of occasions. Mine was linked to some unpleasantness at work but was fortunately resolved after a short while and a few conversations.

However, a friend from several years ago suffered ...[text shortened]... ing away from cannabis, getting plenty of outside space and maybe a pet such as a dog.

Best.
    love to get a dog but cant.
    I know cannabis is supposed to be bad but it chills me out. I dont smoke that much anyway.
    I've just noticed the symptoms increasing steadily in the last few years and I i hope I can remain coping
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 22:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The thing to keep in mind about disorders as opposed to diseases, is that they are not so much a specific thing caused by a specific problem, but rather a means of categorizing people with often unknown underlying problems. Different people with the same disorder may have different underlying problems and need different treatment.
    That was the thing about this ad, it was describing symptoms that I haven't been able to describe but can feel
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 22:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well to beat the drum I normally do, within my life I've gone through times of great stress.
    What got me through was Jesus Christ, He gave me a peace that passes understanding
    in the midst of great strife, when it felt like the world was going to swallow me whole. He
    is only a prayer away.
    A friend of mine just past away (2 weeks ago). Heroin overdose.
    He told me that he had some freak outs due to sleep depravation in the past few years.
    He said the last one, when he was freaking out, he called on Jesus' name and instantly his psychosis dissapeared.
    I totally believe him.

Still didn't make me want to become a Christian 🙂
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 22:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think Twhitehead and Dive have given you good advice here.

Sorry if you feel like a label has been stuck on you. Truth is of course we are all profoundly different and mental health can not be so easily tied up with string and allocated accordingly. Indeed you could meet two people diagnosed with schizophrenia who have completely different sympt ...[text shortened]... , but some things are not best discussed in a public forum. (That said, i salute your openness).
    I kinda realized I should've pm-ed you first but it is what it is.

Truth is I've seen many health professionals such as yourself. Not all of them bad.
    The last one realize there wasn't much more they could do for me.
    I was aware of my symtoms and had coping mechanisms in place should they get worse.
    He suggested I "treat myself" from now on, only reporting to my gp once a month.
    So thanks, and if I think I need some help I'll pm
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 22:29
    Oh and I too think people with mental health problems should do drugs or alcohol.

Serious
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 00:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    A friend of mine just past away (2 weeks ago). Heroin overdose.
    He told me that he had some freak outs due to sleep depravation in the past few years.
    He said the last one, when he was freaking out, he called on Jesus' name and instantly his psychosis dissapeared.
    I totally believe him.

Still didn't make me want to become a Christian 🙂
    Jesus took a beating for you, had his flesh ripped off His body for you, was stripped naked and ridiculed for you, had a crown of thorns stuck on His head for you, was crucified for you, became sin so your sins could be forgiven.

It's what He did that matters not what happened to your friend. I know more than a few that God saved that turned them away from a life of drug addiction.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 00:30
    Jesus took a beating for you, had his flesh ripped off His body for you, was stripped naked and ridiculed for you, had a crown of thorns stuck on His head for you, was crucified for you, became sin so your sins could be forgiven.
    You believe that someone with schizophrenia needs to hear you say you believe this stuff?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 00:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    You believe that someone with schizophrenia needs to hear you say you believe this stuff?
    Not one word of encouragement from you to karoly in this thread, but you criticize Kelly for trying to help?

I think you're the one with the real mental health issues. Or are they spiritual health issues?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 01:111 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not one word of encouragement from you to karoly in this thread, but you criticize Kelly for trying to help?
    What is your answer to the question about schizophrenia that I put to KellyJay?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 01:12
    I think you're the one with the real mental health issues.
    What mental health issues on my part do you think my question to KellyJay indicates?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 03:22

I think you're the one with the real mental health issues. Or are they spiritual health issues?
    The best encouragement we have is that we are loved so much by our creator. Knowing
    at our worse He cares that much for us it beyond the greatest thing ever. Our place in this
    universe is meaningless compared to God's great love for us, the damage we have
    brought upon ourselves is also meaningless compared to Christ. He deserves our lives, it
    is as simple as that, and it isn't because we can get good enough to cause God to love
    us, but that God loves and showed us that while we were yet sinners.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 03:351 edit
    The best encouragement we have is that we are loved so much by our creator. Knowing
    at our worse He cares that much for us it beyond the greatest thing ever. Our place in this
    universe is meaningless compared to God's great love for us, the damage we have
    brought upon ourselves is also meaningless compared to Christ. He deserves our lives, it
    is as simp ...[text shortened]... nough to cause God to love
    us, but that God loves and showed us that while we were yet sinners.
    The fact that you are unable to address my questions is part of the discourse, KellyJay, whether you like it or not, and no matter how noble and Christlike you may think your huffy silence is.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 03:37
    Our place in this universe is meaningless compared to God's great love for us, the damage we have brought upon ourselves is also meaningless compared to Christ.
    Do you believe that someone suffering from schizophrenia needs to downgrade his or her self-esteem in the specific way you suggest?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that someone suffering from schizophrenia needs to downgrade his or her self-esteem in the specific way you suggest?
    And here you are again, using karoly's condition to take more swipes at Christians.

No act is too low to stop your hatred.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And here you are again, using karoly's condition to take more swipes at Christians.

No act is too low to stop your hatred.
    KellyJay and josephw are refusing to answer on-topic questions about what they have said - on this thread - on the matter of schizophrenia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree