We have a winner.

This here song is about Hosea.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 21:541 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    whats the best rock of the late 80's to early 90's?
    The No Talent Loud Pound Pound Hair Flopping Thumpers.

Their latest album "TertesteRaunch"

National Public Radio is doing a special on thier innovative and unique style tonight.

Pump Pump Slam
    Pump Pump Slam
    Pump Pump Slam
    Pump Pump Slam
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 22:042 edits
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Zappa was indeed a god amongst men.
    Frank Zappa ??

"We're only in it for the money" Frank Zappa who turns around latter and lectures the country about artistic freedom and the horrors of artistic censorship?

"Hey Frank, I thought you guys were only in it for the money."
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 22:101 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Let's see if you can get this question right. Who is the greatest theologian of our time who also happens to be one of the greatest musicians since Mozart?
    Mozart ? If he was a great musician why did he write a piece of music called "I'm Inclined to Knock Music?"
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 22:22
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Mozart ? If he was a great musician why did he write a piece of music called [b]"I'm Inclined to Knock Music?" [/b]
    Curiosity question: Are you talking about Wolfgang Amadeus, or Albert?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 22:32
    Seriously - the ten greatest Rock Albums of all times:

Flunk With Funk by the Masterbatrons

Stomp Your Way to Freedom by Adolescent Empire

One Millions Runs on the Pentatonic Scale by Hearing Aid and the Fuzztones

"How to Simplify African Syncopation with a Sledge Hammer" by The JamBoys

10,000 Years of Funky Distortion by Drone and the Dropouts

Burn Your Intruments - The Cracknoids

Loud, Loose, and Licentious by Spanky and the BullHavens

Eardrum Wars The Last Decibel

Love from Above by Hollar

Africanized Bees ... and Cs and Ds and G flats, and F sharps

by ACLU - ( Anarchists Create a Licentious Utopia )
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 23:08
    Frank Zappa ??

[b] "We're only in it for the money"
    Frank Zappa who turns around latter and lectures the country about artistic freedom and the horrors of artistic censorship?

"Hey Frank, I thought you guys were only in it for the money."[/b]
    Christ, are you seriously telling me you don't see the irony in that? Actually, you know what, I'm glad you don't. It would be a shame to waste his genius on someone that failed to understand even the simplest aspect of it.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 23:451 edit
    Christ, are you seriously telling me you don't see the irony in that? Actually, you know what, I'm glad you don't. It would be a shame to waste his genius on someone that failed to understand even the simplest aspect of it.
    I understand a heck of a lot more about Frank Zappa then you think.

Look, I know the guy was a genius. I mean his crowning achievment was a photo of him sitting on a toilet.

Phi Zappa Krappa, I mean who can fail to recognize such innovative genius ?
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 23:50
    I understand a heck of a lot more about Frank Zappa then you think.

Look, I know the guy was a genius. I mean his crowning achievment was a photo of him sitting on a toilet.

Phi Zappa Krappa, I mean who can fail to recognize such innovative genius ?
    Whatever man, your loss.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 23:551 edit
    Whatever man, your loss.
    Nope. NOt only My Loss. It was the financial loss of the audiences that paid money to hear his musicians play and all they got was to see a food fight.

This guy hated his audience. He wasn't kidding. He WAS in it only for the money. Now if he would reimburse those people their ticket money, well then, I might say he is worthy of your worship.

As it stands, I think you need a new Idol.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 00:20
    Nope. NOt only My Loss. It was the financial loss of the audiences that paid money to hear his musicians play and all they got was to see a food fight.

This guy hated his audience. He wasn't kidding. He WAS in it only for the money. Now if he would reimburse those people their ticket money, well then, I might say he is worthy of your worship.

I thought he was dead. How can he reimburse anybody?
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 00:21

Only someone with no concept of what a musician is would consider whether he loved his audience. Frank Zappa literally put out more albums than anyone. Who cares if he loved his audience or not? That's for pop peddlers. Frank Zappa was a real musician!! He loved music and he was great at it.

Have you heard of a guitar play named Steve Vai? Personally he's not to my taste, but he's one of the most technically skilled guitar players in history. Zappa had him in his band when Vai was growing up. You can't deny artistic integrity when his band has that calibre of musicianship.

Personally, I can't believe nobody said Neil YOung or Pearl Jam. Bob Dylan too, although most people probably associate him with folk even though he went electric 40 years ago. My myself I'm a man of jazz mostly, and i strongly dislike most of what's called "rock" but Pearl Jam and Neil are classic. I've seen them each twice live and they rock out hard!
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 01:59
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    Only someone with no concept of what a musician is would consider whether he loved his audience. Frank Zappa literally put out more albums than anyone. Who cares if he loved his audience or not? That's for pop peddlers. Frank Zappa was a real musician!! He loved music and he was great at it.

Have you heard of a guitar play named Steve Vai? Personall ...[text shortened]... Pearl Jam and Neil are classic. I've seen them each twice live and they rock out hard!
    Alright, Zappa was a knowledgeable musician and creative. I respected him for his familiarity with 20th century symphonic music.

I lampoon him because he dished it out to everybody else in spades.

If he were here today he'd understand that. You dish it out, you should be willing to take it when it comes your way.

He was creative and a little more knowledgeable than the average rock star.

I'll leave it there. And maybe I'll even forgive him for his digs at Jimi Hendrix - who could play circles around Zappa.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 02:09
    =======================================
    Only someone with no concept of what a musician is would consider whether he loved his audience.
    =======================================

Bundle Bull !!

Been a musician my whole life fella.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    01 Nov '07 05:34
    Alright, Zappa was a knowledgeable musician and creative. I respected him for his familiarity with 20th century symphonic music.

I lampoon him because he dished it out to everybody else in spades.

If he were here today he'd understand that. You dish it out, you should be willing to take it when it comes your way.

He was creative and a little more ...[text shortened]... ybe I'll even forgive him for his digs at Jimi Hendrix - who could play circles around Zappa.
    Hendrix knew his licks, much like Nugent and Frehley. But none of those 3 would be considered virtuosos.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree