Anyone but Huckabee in 08

Anyone but Huckabee in 08

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by gaychessplayer
If one believes in God, and if further one believes that God has communicated His will for us, then I don't see a problem with a politician basing his value system on one's understanding of God. Of course, anything that the politican wants to do must go through the democratic process and must be found constitutiional by the courts.
If one believes in God, and if further one believes that God has communicated His will for us, then I don't see a problem with a politician basing his value system on one's understanding of God.

What if the politician's understanding of God is way off? Do you really want him making laws based on a flawed faith?

Rulers throughout history have perpetrated all manner of vile and evil acts in God's name.

Of course, anything that the politican wants to do must go through the democratic process and must be found constitutiional by the courts.

But Huckabee wants to change the constitution itself. This circumvents the courts [even though it is still very difficult because you need 2/3 vote from senate, house and 3/4 vote from all the states to amend the constitution].

w

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
[b]You keep repeating that it is just and then denying it. Which is it? Is it just or not? Would you accept said justice? Would you be willing to die for the sins of your great grandfather?
I would compare the eye for an eye commandment in much the same light as I would the law that gave the people the right to divorce. Neither situation is "ideal", rather, it simply is the best law at that time as to how to deal with sinful man. Christ said that the law to divorce was never something God ever wanted. He said it was given to man because of the hardness of his heart. Therefore, God is about the business of changing peoples hearts. That is why Christ came.

w

Moves
01 Feb 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
You still don't explain a number of things including:
1. why the 'better' system was not put in place earlier.
2. why you would judge someone acting 'justly' by the OT laws to be wrong.[/b]
Why did God not put a better system in place much earlier? I would say that it is because God works through the will of man. God needed man to willfully follow him and desire him so that he could then work through the faith of many men in order to bring about the Messiah coming to earth. As far as judging those in the OT, I am not. I am merely saying that they did the best they could with what they had. Unfortunatly for them, they were pre-Messiah.