Apologies to all.

Apologies to all.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
31 Mar 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Marital rape seemed to cause you considerable cognitive dissonance and your were even denying there was such a thing for dozens of thread pages a while back. Was your stance on that caused by your Christianity?
I do not normally respond to you because you have little to nothing of interest to input to this forum beyond making debate personal which quite frankly I find more boring than three long rainy days.

For the record what I actually did was to take an objective intellectual stance and question the definition of marital rape. However because you are simply interested in being contentious it was wasted on you and going completely over your head and you were left arms waving about the morality of the stance because quite frankly your understanding is as base as the meanest tabloid newspaper because you are to all intents and purposes in my opinion incapable of objective reasoning. That is why you need to make every issue personal as you are doing here. I will ask you to refrain from dishonestly portraying my stance in future and spare me the tedious task of reading your tabloid drivel because attempts to make debate personal really hold little to no interest for me.

Please do not bother to reply, I will not be reading your text. I have a user script which blocks your texts from view.

F

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
For the record what I actually did was to take an objective intellectual stance and question the definition of marital rape.
You argued that there could be no such thing as marital rape. You argued that, if a man forced his wife to have sex against her will, it was not rape because she had already given her consent for him to have sex with her - whenever he wanted to - when she married him. I don't think this is "an objective intellectual stance" at all.

rc

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Contentious or conscientious?
Well Christians are also conscientious or should be. In fact this is what distinguishes Christianity from Judaism and Islam, its appeals to the conscience, the latter being governed by dictates and ordinances and much ritual. Perhaps its because atheists have a necessity to shout louder being in a minority in the larger scale of things?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
31 Mar 16

Already moved on and wish you good health little sparrow. (Joke).

Please note however, you say the last 48 hours have been a marathon for you, I could easily have continued for another 48 days if necessary. Please bear that in mind should you contemplate spamming the forum again with hate filled messages. I have a relentless character and am not easily defeated by men of a mortal disposition.
No no no, you misunderstood.

I could go on for days and weeks and months and years, but I cannot go on and on when I am getting attacked left right and centre by postings that are not truly responding properly or fairly (never mind its behind me now fellow poster.)

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

That is why you need to make every issue personal as you are doing here.
But wasn't your contention that marital rape was not logically possible - I think that was how you put it - your personal opinion on the issue? You can hardly fend off scrutiny of the morality of your personal opinions on issues by arguing that such scrutiny makes "every issue personal". That is a preposterous way for you to dodge taking responsibility for the things you say and the opinions you express.

Moves
31 Mar 16

Well Christians are also conscientious or should be. In fact this is what distinguishes Christianity from Judaism and Islam, its appeals to the conscience, the latter being governed by dictates and ordinances and much ritual. Perhaps its because atheists have a necessity to shout louder being in a minority in the larger scale of things?
Apparently, atheism is now the 3rd biggest 'faith' group. (Hardly a minority).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250096/You-wouldnt-believe-atheism-worlds-biggest-faith-Christianity-Islam.html

rc

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Apparently, atheism is now the 3rd biggest 'faith' group. (Hardly a minority).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250096/You-wouldnt-believe-atheism-worlds-biggest-faith-Christianity-Islam.html
Yes this occurred to me too because I think the atheists clearly out number the theists on this forum. Perhaps its because they are simply more given to protesting or have more issues than Christians? Christians are counselled to be in subjection and to live life quietly.

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by Dasa
No no no, you misunderstood.

I could go on for days and weeks and months and years, but I cannot go on and on when I am getting attacked left right and centre by postings that are not truly responding properly or fairly (never mind its behind me now fellow poster.)
Behind me too sir, (though anybody can go on and on when unchallenged).

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Agreed. And that calls for insults why?

[b]Anyone who has any experience in conversing with others can immediately recognize his intent, as he made it very clear: use this situation to put others in a bad light.

And rightly so.

If FMF's intention was to wish Dasa well, he would have done just that and only that.
His intentions were clea ...[text shortened]... use you didn't like him criticizing your fellow Christians no matter how badly they had behaved.[/b]
Agreed. And that calls for insults why?
Insult, numbnuts.
Not insults.
FMF does a fine job navigating the internet to this website, a fine job getting on the proper forum and a fine job following the conversation with timely achingly-close-to-cogent responses.
The insult he did receive from me was a merited one, which your unintentional but completely moronic response will support.
Keep reading!
[For clarity, I will italicize your responses]

Anyone who has any experience in conversing with others can immediately recognize his intent, as he made it very clear: use this situation to put others in a bad light.
And rightly so.
Thus, he is a douche-bag (established in thrice).

If FMF's intention was to wish Dasa well, he would have done just that and only that.
His intentions were clearly multiple.
Nice to see you didn't miss his douche-baggery.

There wouldn't have been the preemptive slam on other posters... oh, and by the way, good luck with your situation.
Well there was, suggesting you don't know much about people.
Again, thus his douche-baggery.

I don't need an excuse, as I have not veiled my intention in the slightest.
FMFs intentions weren't veiled either nor were Dasas. FMFs were reasonable, Dasa were not and yours were only slightly better than Dasa's but you don't have pain as an excuse.
Ahh, it is comforting to know that you haven't lost touch with all of your faculties and are able to ascertain what is clearly obvious to the general populace: FMF's actions were the actions of a thrice-crowned douche-bag.

I called him out for a disingenuous post and (rightly) crowned him for his efforts therein.
No, you just flat out insulted him because you didn't like him criticizing your fellow Christians no matter how badly they had behaved.
Project much?
I will defend no one, no thing, save the truth.
He can insult others as much as his diminutive heart demands.
But when he does so under the guise of 'real concern' for another human being's plight in life?
He ought to be prepared for the onslaught of those in his periphery who give him the appropriate moniker of King of Douche-Bag's Douche-Bag's Douche-Bag (or, for brevity's sake, KODBDBDB).

I guess that makes you the Protector of KODBDBDB, eh?

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I guess that makes you the Protector of KODBDBDB, eh?
You are one of those people who just doesn't know when to stop digging the hole he just fell in.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Yes this occurred to me too because I think the atheists clearly out number the theists on this forum.
Do they? Care to do a rough count?
So far in this thread I believe there have been 5 theists and 4 atheists participating.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by Dasa
This post is an apology because the last 48 hours in this forum have been a marathon for me.

I was feeling many times that the whole forum was against me, and that my wits were being stretched.

I did not like those circumstance,s and hope I do not experience it again.

I must admit it was very much my doing to get myself into that predicament with th ...[text shortened]... it out on the forum.

Sorry guys, I am out of here for the month now.(see ya)

Self exiled.
Forgiven and forgotten.
Good to start over again fresh.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
You are one of those people who just doesn't know when to stop digging the hole he just fell in.
That's rich, coming from the dolt who decided to jump in and become the Protector of a... well, you know the rest of his title.
He jumped into the thread as an excuse to insult other posters under the guise of well-wishes and continued insisting he only meant well.
You're the dunderhead who claims I am doing what he clearly has been doing from the first time he was called out on it.

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

That's rich, coming from the dolt who decided to jump in and become the Protector of a... well, you know the rest of his title.
He jumped into the thread as an excuse to insult other posters under the guise of well-wishes and continued insisting he only meant well.
You're the dunderhead who claims I am doing what he clearly has been doing from the first time he was called out on it.
Like I said, it's as if you simply don't get the humour of the situation or the humour of what was said. 🙄

F

Moves
01 Apr 16

[FMF] jumped into the thread as an excuse to insult other posters under the guise of well-wishes and continued insisting he only meant well.
How did I "jump into the thread"? I was the first person to respond to the OP and to wish Dasa good luck. What "insults" did you perceive?