1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 15:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Wise man say;

'Freedom is circular in nature, therefore a man can never truly be free on a flat Earth.'
    You watch your smart mouth.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 16:02
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You watch your smart mouth.
    Wise man say;

'Man can not watch own mouth, unless he lives in front of a mirror.'
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 16:511 edit
    Wise man say;

Was that wise man Charlie Chan? I love Charlie Chan movies!
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 16:551 edit
    Wise man say;

I'm starting with the man in the mirror; I'm asking him to change his ways, and no message could have been any clearer: if you wanna make the world a flatter place, take a look at yourself and make a...

CHANGE!
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 17:38
    I'm starting with the man in the mirror; I'm asking him to change his ways, and no message could have been any clearer: if you wanna make the world a flatter place, take a look at yourself and make a...

CHANGE!
    Yes, we know you are the master of self delusion and have successfully deluded yourself into believing the earth is flat.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 17:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, we know you are the master of self delusion and have successfully deluded yourself into believing the earth is flat.
    I don't believe that, I think flat-earthers are just trying too hard to be counter-intellectual. I think it's a way for some people to try to show their knowledge of science to prove something to be so, when obviously it isn't. Unfortunately Freaky isn't very good at it.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 18:13
    Funny thing is, a self-deluded person isn't open to information, isn't afraid to consider possibilities.
    Instead, a self-deluded person remains steadfast in their position, regardless of conflicting information otherwise.
    I have presented some of the results of my research and study on the topic.
    Like you (and others), I considered the topic nothing more than delusional rantings of hand-wringing conspiracy whisperers... until I actually examined the evidence.

With an objective examination of the evidence, I have reached a completely different conclusion.
    I have also become convinced how my previous position was based on nothing more than a few tenuous threads of deceit, coupled with a reluctance to leave a comfortable place.

Where I am today, however, is altogether and wholly removed from previous positions.
    I consider a person's beliefs both monumental and inconsequential.
    Inconsequential in the regard that whatever a person believes has no impact on reality; it (the topic at hand) either is, or it is not.
    Monumental in the sense that what a person believes about certain topics (more pointedly, the issue of a flat or globular earth) has an enormous amount of impact and influence on a broad-ranging palette of topics.

Those who are inflexible and unwilling to consider the questions put to dogma are sentenced to the darkness of intellect associated with a lack of curiosity, of courage.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 18:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't believe that, I think flat-earthers are just trying too hard to be counter-intellectual. I think it's a way for some people to try to show their knowledge of science to prove something to be so, when obviously it isn't. Unfortunately Freaky isn't very good at it.
    An intellectual's greatest treasure is his greatest threat: one who would counter his assertions, contend against his givens.
    You look into the abyss and see darkness; I look into the abyss and see areas light will conquer.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 18:42
    Inconsequential in the regard that whatever a person believes has no impact on reality; it (the topic at hand) either is, or it is not.
    This contradicts your earlier post where you suggest that looking at yourself in the mirror can lead to a flattening of the earth. Clearly in that post you were suggesting that belief does have an impact on reality.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 19:04
    This contradicts your earlier post where you suggest that looking at yourself in the mirror can lead to a flattening of the earth. Clearly in that post you were suggesting that belief does have an impact on reality.
    Holy chips, zithead!
    That post was CLEARLY a humorous take on the lyrics of Michael Jackson's song, "Man in the Mirror," in response to another poster's comments.

Are you that unable to make the distinctions between life and jest?
    Have an adult in your periphery help you navigate these treacherous waters, or simply stay off the interwebs...
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 19:42
    Holy chips, zithead!
    That post was CLEARLY a humorous take on the lyrics of Michael Jackson's song, "Man in the Mirror," in response to another poster's comments.
    I am well aware of that. 🙂

But then the whole 'flat earther' persona you have been putting on for the past few months is a humorous character surely?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 19:52
    I am well aware of that. 🙂

But then the whole 'flat earther' persona you have been putting on for the past few months is a humorous character surely?
    You tell me after you've actually researched it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:06
    An intellectual's greatest treasure is his greatest threat: one who would counter his assertions, contend against his givens.
    You look into the abyss and see darkness; I look into the abyss and see areas light will conquer.
    Do you really believe the earth is flat?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:11
    Do you really know the earth is a globe?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:29
    Not sure about the Earth, but these things are definitely flat:

1. Pancake
    2. A witches tit (Urban Dictionary).
    3. The head of Frankenstein's monster
    4. The Netherlands.
    5. Halibut, Turbot and Brill
    6. An ironed shirt.
    7. 3 week old lemonade
    8. The acting of Ben Affleck

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree