14 May '18 12:00
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Atheists?
    Agnostics?
    Muslims?
    Jews?
    Hindus?
    Buddhists?
    My penny's worth, for what it's worth: nobody is destined for "Hell". Evidence that people are: nil.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '18 12:20
    Atheists?
    Agnostics?
    Muslims?
    Jews?
    Hindus?
    Buddhists?
    The Bible lists a few Jews who went to heaven in the OT.

So who do you think deserves hell or does no one?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '18 12:21
    Originally posted by @fmf
    My penny's worth, for what it's worth: nobody is destined for "Hell". Evidence that people are: nil.
    There is this forum
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 May '18 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Give me back my penny !
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '18 12:312 edits
    Atheists?
    Agnostics?
    Muslims?
    Jews?
    Hindus?
    Buddhists?
    All the OT prophets and followers of Jehovah were not "Christians".

So perhaps David, Moses and Abraham will be "glorifying Jesus in their endless woe in hell" **...

**Reference @sonship
  7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 May '18 13:47
    James 2:14-18
    "14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Then conversely...can it be that..."works" without faith (because of cultural ignorance and customs) is alive?

I believe that it can be argued that a kind, generous and good Shinto-Priest in Japan will not be entering "hell" simply because they were born outside of the knowledge of Christian theology.

Behavior is the key. Not just words of "faith" which are easily corrupted.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '18 13:56
    "14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith ...[text shortened]... hristian theology.

Where then would this kind priest go?
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 May '18 14:00
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Where then would this kind priest go?
    Depending upon one's system of belief: To the happier place.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '18 14:041 edit
    Depending upon one's system of belief: To the happier place.
    First you said that behaviour is the key . .. Now it depents on your system of belief?

Surely those are contradictory statements
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 May '18 14:291 edit
    "14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith ...[text shortened]... hristian theology.

"I believe that it can be argued that a kind, generous and good Shinto-Priest in Japan will not be entering "hell" simply because they were born outside of the knowledge of Christian theology."

Making the question easier to answer seems to be a common approach.

What if he's not "born outside of the knowledge of Christian theology; he knows all about it, maybe even was a Christian, just doesn't believe it when he dies?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '18 17:30
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The Bible lists a few Jews who went to heaven in the OT.

So who do you think deserves hell or does no one?
    Christianity didn’t exist in the Old Testament so one obviously could not believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection for eternal life.

Jesus Christ is quite clear on how one goes to heaven:

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)

We all deserve hell. But God’s gift to us is eternal life in heaven. Our only responsibility for salvation is to accept the gift via John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 May '18 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    "I believe that it can be argued that a kind, generous and good Shinto-Priest in Japan will not be entering "hell" simply because they were born outside of the knowledge of Christian theology."

Making the question easier to answer seems to be a common approach.

What if he's not "born outside of the knowledge of Christian theology; he knows all about it, maybe even was a Christian, just doesn't believe it when he dies?
    Oh...so sorry...did I ding myself?

"Happier place" was metaphorically utilized to accommodate an individual reader's particular belief system. So...it's applicable to whatever it's called in your mythos: "Heaven"; "Paradise"; "Elysium"; "The Happy Hunting Grounds"; "The Hereafter" etc...

So...my original question remains.
    But, I see that query is the avoidance method of choice here.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '18 17:34

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

(John 14:6)
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 May '18 19:43
    Oh...so sorry...did I ding myself?

"Happier place" was metaphorically utilized to accommodate an individual reader's particular belief system. So...it's applicable to whatever it's called in your mythos: "Heaven"; "Paradise"; "Elysium"; "The Happy Hunting Grounds"; "The Hereafter" etc...

So...my original question remains.
    But, I see that query is the avoidance method of choice here.
    So my answer is, I lack a belief at present, as to whether all humans meet the same or differing ends. I do believe that our finite nature does not merit consideration for the imposition of infinite consequences such as happy hunting grounds in which we are either hunter or hunted, one way or the other. I do believe we will all cease to exist as we currentlly are, that is, as individuals with our own personalities, since all detectable individual attributes appear to be temporary and contingent on external circumstances, even within one’s current lifetime.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree