Are all non-Christians destined for Hell?

Are all non-Christians destined for Hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Which Christians doomed a baby to hell?
Original sin is news for you?

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Some people developing the cult of personality/breakaway religion called Christianity thought that cessation of existence was decidedly NOT enough, so they concocted and tacked on a book at the end that gave them some 'no nonsense' (albeit actually morally incoherent) fearmongering to brandish.
I don't like to think about that and blessedly my RCC parents and teachers didn't dwell on it like some do. Revelation never came up even in Religion class. And we had Purgatory and Limbo. Those 'concoctions' offset hellfire and damnation, for me.

Moves
15 May 18

One man's sin...is another gentleman's pleasure.

F

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @js357
I don't like to think about that and blessedly my RCC parents and teachers didn't dwell on it like some do. Revelation never came up even in Religion class.
It doesn't withstand scrutiny, especially if one dwells on it once the spell is broken.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

It doesn't withstand scrutiny, especially if one dwells on it once the spell is broken.
Yeah, that's a thing. Reality is um well real.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

What about people who have heard people like you talk about your religious ideology but genuinely and honestly just do not find it credible? What would be the purpose of a threat of "grave danger" to someone who sincerely feels they have no reason to believe that any such danger exists?
<<What about people who have heard people like you talk about your religious ideology but genuinely and honestly just do not find it credible?>>

The credibility of Christianity is established by the Bible, not what people say about Christianity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Well this atheist thanks Jesus. Thank you Jesus.

We all deserve hell.

You sound stupid, buddy. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about.
<<You sound stupid, buddy. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about.>>

You apparently have no idea how holy God is, what His standards are, and the seriousness of sin. You may not think sins are serious, but God does, and when it comes to the afterlife or eternity, God’s view is the only one that counts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
That is a lie. Only humans build books, and the Bible is a book written by, wait for it. So humans did in fact set the criteria. Or wait, do you speak for GOD? You got some secret messages from IT?

You are a joke, and you really don't get the punchline.
Humans who wrote the Bible did so under the influence and control of God’s Holy Spirit. The wisdom contained therein and the fulfilled prophecies are just two proofs of that.

Have you read the Bible? If not, are you used to forming opinions about “books” you haven’t read? Where do you think your opinion of the Bible comes from? Do you always rely on other people to tell you what to think?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

Some people developing the cult of personality/breakaway religion called Christianity thought that cessation of existence was decidedly NOT enough, so they concocted and tacked on a book at the end that gave them some 'no nonsense' (albeit actually morally incoherent) fearmongering to brandish.
Jesus Christ talked about hell more than he talked about heaven. Revelation is not the only place hell is discussed in the Bible - far from it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

Hell is mentioned throughout the Bible - not just in Revelation. And Revelation obviously does stand up to scrutiny or Christianity would have collapsed a long time ago.

Because one person can’t see doesn’t mean the world is dark.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
All the OT prophets and followers of Jehovah were not "Christians".

So perhaps David, Moses and Abraham will be "glorifying Jesus in their endless woe in hell" **...

**Reference @sonship
Oh I have a better one now.

Good old Divegeester hung up in chains confessing to us all that he does love the Lord Jesus. Praise the victorious Lord Jesus.

Confess here folks...

My confession is that despite my faults, my lack of faith, my sin, my unbelief and my selfish perspective...I can sincerely confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour. I stand by this statement not in my own strength but through him who upholds me.

Jesus is Lord.

From thread "The good confession" .

And me hung up in chains beside him!

"Me too folks. Jesus is my Lord and Savior."
Rattle those chains.

F

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @sonship

Good old Divegeester hung up in chains confessing to us all that he does love the Lord Jesus. Praise the victorious Lord Jesus.

[quote] Confess here folks...

My confession is that despite my faults, my lack of faith, my sin, my unbelief and my selfish perspective...I can sincerely confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord ...[text shortened]... p in chains beside him!

Rattle those chains.
Why would you and divegeester be "hung up in chains"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

My confession is that despite my faults, my lack of faith, my sin, my unbelief and my selfish perspective...I can sincerely confess that Jesus Christ is my Lord ...[text shortened]... p in chains beside him!

Rattle those chains.
Is that a reference to Paul and Silas in prison? I love how Paul and Silas were singing praises to God while they were in prison. Such strong faith - not unlike Joseph who went through so many hardships in the latter part of Genesis.

Moves
15 May 18

Rattle those chains.
Your post is a creepy read.

S. Korea

Moves
15 May 18

What about people who have heard people like you talk about your religious ideology but genuinely and honestly just do not find it credible? What would be the purpose of a threat of "grave danger" to someone who sincerely feels they have no reason to believe that any such danger exists?
They're making a mistake. I am not sure what that means for them.

God is real and should be sought through prayer and through honest openness to him. God will presenr and offer himself to people. He does not turn away.

So, they should properly pursue a relationship with God.