1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 May '18 23:46
    Originally posted by @js357
    So my answer is, I lack a belief at present, as to whether all humans meet the same or differing ends. I do believe that our finite nature does not merit consideration for the imposition of infinite consequences such as happy hunting grounds in which we are either hunter or hunted, one way or the other. I do believe we will all cease to exist as we currentlly ...[text shortened]... ar to be temporary and contingent on external circumstances, even within one’s current lifetime.
    That, Sir...was a very reasonable response. 🙂
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 03:23
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    That, Sir...was a very reasonable response. 🙂
    Unfortunately for some, humans don’t set the criteria by which they enter God’s house - any more than you set the criteria by which you enter your neighbor’s house.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    15 May '18 06:45
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Atheists?
    Agnostics?
    Muslims?
    Jews?
    Hindus?
    Buddhists?
    That is not my decision.

But generally speaking, the sort of person that I would suspect is in grave danger of hellfire is someone who has heard and rejected the Gospel of Christ in favor of practicing absolutely nothing, and consciously seeks to detract from it. There are, of course, worst offenses that can go with it, but that seems like the sort of 'grave danger' that is relevant to atheists & agnostics of the West.

Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, and atheists who have never been familiar with Christ are not in such a position, I think, and as they knew little, they wil l be punished with few stripes (Luke 12:47).

But I can't emphasize enough... I have NO idea other than what has obviously been stated, and I do not JUDGE anyone, and never will. I must never do so.

I only said the above concerning conscientious rejection of Christ becaus that is what I suspect, and because I want it to serve to potentially aid in understanding and potentially encourage someone to seek christ. That is all.

I am no Judge and should not say anymore.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '18 06:57
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    But generally speaking, the sort of person that I would suspect is in grave danger of hellfire is someone who has heard and rejected the Gospel of Christ in favor of practicing absolutely nothing, and consciously seeks to detract from it.
    What about people who have heard people like you talk about your religious ideology but genuinely and honestly just do not find it credible? What would be the purpose of a threat of "grave danger" to someone who sincerely feels they have no reason to believe that any such danger exists?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 May '18 06:58
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
    Well this atheist thanks Jesus. Thank you Jesus.

We all deserve hell.

You sound stupid, buddy. It's like you have no idea what you are talking about.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 May '18 07:01
    Oh, look at this sweet new baby. DOOMED TO HELL!!!

Fruck you asswipes.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 May '18 07:08
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Oh, look at this sweet new baby. DOOMED TO HELL!!!

Fruck you asswipes.
    Whoever doomed a sweet new baby to hell?
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 May '18 07:35
    Unfortunately for some, humans don’t set the criteria by which they enter God’s house -
    That is a lie. Only humans build books, and the Bible is a book written by, wait for it. So humans did in fact set the criteria. Or wait, do you speak for GOD? You got some secret messages from IT?

You are a joke, and you really don't get the punchline.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 May '18 07:40
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Whoever doomed a sweet new baby to hell?
    Christians? Not news, please stop pretending.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 May '18 08:36
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Christians? Not news, please stop pretending.
    Which Christians doomed a baby to hell?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '18 09:012 edits
    The notion that a God who’s “love endures forever” and who “loved the world so much” that he became flesh and paid a terrible price to redeem it...would purposefully create and maintain a place of the most apocalyptic horror in which he will personally supervise the eternal (ETERNAL!) burning torture of billions of the souls who he endlessly loved and came to die for while they were STILL sinners...

...isthe worst most disgusting idea any human being can up with. It is worse that anything all the murdering beheading burning alive terrorists can do altogether, added up and multiplied by a googleplex.

To then postulate that these lost tortured souls will “bring glory to Jesus in their endless woe” and their punishment will serve as a warning to those one other worlds” as sonship has stated, is absolutely astounding.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 May '18 09:18
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The notion that a God who’s “love endures forever” and who “loved the world so much” that he became flesh and paid a terrible price to redeem it...would purposefully create and maintain a place of the most apocalyptic horror in which he will personally supervise the eternal (ETERNAL!) burning torture of billions of the souls who he endlessly loved and c ...[text shortened]... l serve as a warning to those one other worlds” as sonship has stated, is absolutely astounding.
    So what do you think Jesus dying on the cross saved people from exactly? A cessation of existence?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 May '18 11:58
    Unfortunately for some, humans don’t set the criteria by which they enter God’s house - any more than you set the criteria by which you enter your neighbor’s house.
    Continuing the apt metaphor: Do you take no responsibility for choosing which house you seek to inhabit?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 May '18 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So what do you think Jesus dying on the cross saved people from exactly? A cessation of existence?
    "So what do you think Jesus dying on the cross saved people from exactly? A cessation of existence?["

The cessation of existence would be PLENTY to be saved from, in fact you have nailed it.

Edit: Complete oblivion, to boot.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 May '18 13:05
    Originally posted by @js357
    The cessation of existence would be PLENTY to be saved from, in fact you have nailed it.
    Some people developing the cult of personality/breakaway religion called Christianity thought that cessation of existence was decidedly NOT enough, so they concocted and tacked on a book at the end that gave them some 'no nonsense' (albeit actually morally incoherent) fearmongering to brandish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree