1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:291 edit
    Christians say there is only one God but...
    1. Jesus is God
    2. Lucifer(devil)was once (with ) God
    3. The holy spirit is likened to God.
    4.God("The Father" ) is God

Is this a reasonable train of thought? Seems to me that it could be interpretted that Christians are pantheists!
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    1. Jesus is God

Is this a reasonable train of thought? Seems to me that it could be interpretted that Christians are pantheists!
    Don't you mean 'polytheists'?
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:35
    1. Jesus is God

Isn't Pantheism a belief that everything is God, kind of like I am God and You are God and all that groks is God?

Are you thinking of Polytheism?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:36
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Isn't Pantheism a belief that everything is God, kind of like I am God and You are God and all that groks is God?

Are you thinking of Polytheism?
    Beat you by seconds. Chump.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Beat you by seconds. Chump.
    Too much histrionics on my part.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 19:06
    1. Jesus is God

Only the Christians that believe what you listed as you listed would be polytheists. I certainly don't believe that Jesus is God, or the devil is an entity, or that the holy spirit would be a separate entity.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:09
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Only the Christians that believe what you listed as you listed would be polytheists. I certainly don't believe that Jesus is God, or the devil is an entity, or that the holy spirit would be a separate entity.
    And you obviously don't believe what God says either.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    And you obviously don't believe what God says either.
    i dont believe that Christ is God after having studied scripture for almost fifteen years now, you must accept that there are christians who love Christ and love God, but dont accept that he is God, and for very good reasons.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:15
    1. Jesus is God

The Bible teaches that God is three persons in one.

And no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can comprehend it.

Three as one? It's a complex subject. I imagine it would take at least the rest of all our combined life times posting in this forum to scratch the surface of all there is to know about God.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:241 edit
    The Bible teaches that God is three persons in one.

And no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can comprehend it.

Three as one? It's a complex subject. I imagine it would take at least the rest of all our combined life times posting in this forum to scratch the surface of all there is to know about God.
    oh really? well i can just as easily assert that the Bible teaches that Christ , God and the Holy spirit are distinct from each other. that God is one! Its not hard to comprehend, nor is it steeped in mystery, for Christ states, 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you and of the one whom you sent forth , Jesus Christ'. John 17:3 , it hardly seems reasonable that we would be asked to take in knowledge of something that we cannot understand, does it?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i dont believe that Christ is God after having studied scripture for almost fifteen years now, you must accept that there are christians who love Christ and love God, but dont accept that he is God, and for very good reasons.
    Why must I accept it? I don't accept it. You are gravely in error.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:341 edit
    oh really? well i can just as easily assert that the Bible teaches that Christ , God and the Holy spirit are distinct from each other. that God is one! Its not hard to comprehend, nor is it steeped in mystery, for Christ states, 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you and of the one whom you sent forth , Jesus Christ'. John 1 ...[text shortened]... e that we would be asked to take in knowledge of something that we cannot understand, does it?
    I sounds as if I pushed your hot button.

It is impossible for the mere mortal to comprehend an infinite God beyond that which is revealed by God.

Certainly there is much to know and understand about God, but only that which is revealed in nature and in the Bible.

As to the question about the Godhead, we'll do that one day. It will be fun.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:35
    Why must I accept it? I don't accept it. You are gravely in error.
    you may not accept the reasons, although i think they are perfectly reasonable, but you cannot dismiss our reality, for it is real to us, regardless of whether you accept it or not!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:39
    I sounds as if I pushed your hot button.

It is impossible for the mere mortal to comprehend an infinite God beyond that which is revealed by God.

Certainly there is much to know and understand about God, but only that which is revealed in nature and in the Bible.

As to the question about the Godhead, we'll do that one day. It will be fun.
    then why does Christ state that we should take in knowledge if its impossible to comprehend? why is there a record that has been written if we are not to comprehend it? yes you may not get to know the full extent of Gods ways, but you can certainly grasp it. godhead is not a biblical term, neither Christ nor Paul mentioned the idea, it was unknown to them!
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:44
    oh really? well i can just as easily assert that the Bible teaches that Christ , God and the Holy spirit are distinct from each other. that God is one! Its not hard to comprehend, nor is it steeped in mystery, for Christ states, 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you and of the one whom you sent forth , Jesus Christ'. John 1 ...[text shortened]... e that we would be asked to take in knowledge of something that we cannot understand, does it?
    Jesus also says in Joh 10:30 "I and my Father are one." - Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree