1. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 07:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah I know . But for an outsider could you see how they might come to that conclusion?
    I can understand how one might say "You worship 3 Gods!". I cannot understand how someone can say "You worship 3 Gods, are an infidel, and I must kill you 'cuz my god said to!"
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 08:29
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I can understand how one might say "You worship 3 Gods!". I cannot understand how someone can say "You worship 3 Gods, are an infidel, and I must kill you 'cuz my god said to!"
    (I'm sure you are not reffering to Hindus there, are you?)

Otherwise you've hit the nail on the head- there will be no progress with humanity if we expect people to change through violence. For change comes from within and can't be forced(sorry if that sounds a bit wussy)
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 09:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, doesn't the same book also state that the disciples are to be one with Christ, just as he and the Father are one, are we also therefore from your 'logic', to assume that the disciples are also part of the 'Godhead'?

(John 17:20-21) . . .“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their wo ...[text shortened]... e in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us,. . .
    Ooooh good point!

You take an unpopular stance with respect to your Christianity. You sound almost Muslim.
  4. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 05:07
    Christians are not polythiest. The idea of God being the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit can often look like that. The idea of the Trinity is that God is understood in three different aspects: The Creator, the savior, and the spirit that lives through us in our everyday lives.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 07:11
    Originally posted by zeger55
    Christians are not polythiest. The idea of God being the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit can often look like that. The idea of the Trinity is that God is understood in three different aspects: The Creator, the savior, and the spirit that lives through us in our everyday lives.
    You keep telling yourself that...😀

So are they also not pantheists? For if God is omnipresent and everywhere , would (s)he not also be part of hell and the devil? (Don't worry I'm starting to tire of asking the same questions of christians)
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 21:551 edit

So are they also not pantheists? For if God is omnipresent and everywhere , would (s)he not also be part of hell and the devil? (Don't worry I'm starting to tire of asking the same questions of christians)
    Drop the attitude and thinkabout what you are saying. Because a scientist believes light is both a wave and a particle , does he thereby believe that light is two separate entities and not one?

Scientists do not believe that there are two "lights" and Christians do not believe in three Gods. What's the problem?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 01:13
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Drop the attitude and thinkabout what you are saying. Because a scientist believes light is both a wave and a particle , does he thereby believe that light is two separate entities and not one?

Scientists do not believe that there are two "lights" and Christians do not believe in three Gods. What's the problem?
    The problem is that christians say God is everything at all times and then continue to denounce those that do not follow there ways and act as if those others,(who do not follow their way), are somehow not going to be loved by God the same way as you. Capice?
    And yes, light is both a wave and a paricle . It is one and the other and both and neither. Until you reach that level of openness and surrender I will keep my attitude. Thank you😠
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 15:44

For God to BE everywhere doesn't mean he is PART of everyTHING. God is in this room. He is not an integral part of the chair on which I'm sitting. Thus, he is not part and parcel of hell, the devil, a rock, etc. At least, that's my definition of omnipresence.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 16:042 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister

Scientists believe light is both a wave and a particle because they've experimentally determined exactly how the two are equated. Scientists believe all particles are packets of waves, including photons. There is no paradox, no mystery that you need to take on faith.

When the experiments were done demonstrating both a wave nature and a particle nature but before it was explained, the observation was that light behaved as a wave would under some circumstances and as a particle would under others. They did not just take it on faith but tried to figure it out and eventually they did. There are precise mathematical equations describing exactly how waves equate to particles and vice versa.

The thing about Christianity is, there's no expectation that people can figure it out and explain the apparent paradox rationally. Instead people are told they cannot understand, so they shouldn't try.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 23:151 edit
    For God to BE everywhere doesn't mean he is PART of everyTHING. God is in this room. He is not an integral part of the chair on which I'm sitting. Thus, he is not part and parcel of hell, the devil, a rock, etc. At least, that's my definition of omnipresence.
    How can God be everywhere but not be part of everything? If (S)he's not everywhere then where is (s)he not?
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 23:33
    So you believe in a doctrine of semi-omniprescence. You might believe that your "god" is not all knowing and/or not all powerful also. If you believe that "in the beginning" there was god and nothing else then all molecules of existence directly came from god. So, my question is: Just how could "god" not be aware of individual parts of "god" constantly ? The answer may be that your belief system is flawed. Or Christianity is just an attempt to present acceptable solutions rather than seeking the truth.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 22:36
    In reply to both previous posts, God can be in the room I am in, but not be part of the chair in which I'm sitting.
    As for the semi-omni-anything, no--I don't believe in a god that is semi-anything. If he isn't all-powerful and all-knowing, he's not god. The God I worship is definitely omniscient and omnipresent (by the definition I gave). He wouldn't be much use if he wasn't, now would he?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree