1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    then why does Christ state that we should take in knowledge if its impossible to comprehend? why is there a record that has been written if we are not to comprehend it? yes you may not get to know the full extent of Gods ways, but you can certainly grasp it. godhead is not a biblical term, neither Christ nor Paul mentioned the idea, it was unknown to them!
    I didn't say we can't comprehend it. Let's not confound the issue. Do you or do you not agree that we will live for eternity an never exhaust all there is to learn and know about God?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:52
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    Jesus also says in Joh 10:30 "I and my Father are one." - Jesus Christ.
    But that all depends on how one interprets what it means. Know what I mean?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:551 edit
    Jesus also says in Joh 10:30 "I and my Father are one." - Jesus Christ.
    yes, doesn't the same book also state that the disciples are to be one with Christ, just as he and the Father are one, are we also therefore from your 'logic', to assume that the disciples are also part of the 'Godhead'?

(John 17:20-21) . . .“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word;  in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us,. . .
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    I didn't say we can't comprehend it. Let's not confound the issue. Do you or do you not agree that we will live for eternity an never exhaust all there is to learn and know about God?
    actually here are your words here,

And no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can comprehend it

does that say that we cannot comprehend it or does it say we cannot comprehend it?

what this has to do with the trinity i do not know, but yes we shall spend an eternity learning about God, whereas you shall spend an eternity trying to comprehend three?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 03:59
    tut tut taking verses out of context invariably always leads to erroneous assumptons!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:11
    Polytheism is it? Not pantheism?
    Well I guess you know what I meant - more than one God. Sorry. Even such ego-fueled entities ,such as I ,can learn...thnx
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:11
    actually here are your words here,

And no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can comprehend it

does that say that we cannot comprehend it or does it say we cannot comprehend it?

what this has to do with the trinity i do not know, but yes we shall spend an eternity learning about God, whereas you shall spend an eternity trying to comprehend three?
    I like you robbie. I read all your posts. You are knowledgeable and articulate. (not trying to flatter you)

I hope you are willing one day, at the right time and place, to engage in a friendly debate about whether or not Jesus is God. It would be interesting to say the least.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:12
    "Know what I mean?" - That all depends on how I interpret what you said. 😛 😵
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Polytheism is it? Not pantheism?
    Well I guess you know what I meant - more than one God. Sorry. Even such ego-fueled entities ,such as I ,can learn...thnx
    Well, Christianity is neither polytheistic or pantheistic. Christians worship one God. We just sometimes disagree about the nature and attributes of God.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:15
    [b]"Know what I mean?" - That all depends on how I interpret what you said. 😛 😵[/b]
    And so it goes! 😕🙂
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:17
    Well, Christianity is neither polytheistic or pantheistic. Christians worship one God. We just sometimes disagree about the nature and attributes of God.
    I know. I was just seeing what the panel thought 🙂
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:30
    yes, doesn't the same book also state that the disciples are to be one with Christ, just as he and the Father are one, are we also therefore from your 'logic', to assume that the disciples are also part of the 'Godhead'?

(John 17:20-21) . . .“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their wo ...[text shortened]... e in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us,. . .
    KJV says, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." - This specifically is Jesus praying for unity among believers. Verse 20 says "...for them also which shall believe on me through their word...", and then in that context of believing on Christ through their word He says that He desires all to be one, just as Jesus and the Father are one, in that original context of being like-minded in their beliefs.

However, "I and my Father are one" is not in the context of Jesus and God believing in the same thing, thus making them of one mind. The context is Jesus talking about God the Father giving Him sheep (Christians), and then He says that no one can pluck those sheep out of His hand once they are saved because God the Father is greater than all, and He IS God the Father, therefore He is greater than all...

"27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
    30 I and my Father are one."
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 04:36
    KJV says, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." - This specifically is Jesus praying for unity among believers. Verse 20 says "...for them als ...[text shortened]... and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
    30 I and my Father are one."
    Very good, Mother. 😉😏
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 05:01
    Very good, Mother. 😉😏
    Thank you Joseph. I had great parents who taught me how to think logically. 😀
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 22:25
    Thank you Joseph. I had great parents who taught me how to think logically. 😀
    Thats a strange example of logic- though I don't doubt you have been taught to be logical.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree