1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 22:344 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats a strange example of logic- though I don't doubt you have been taught to be logical.
    IIRC, SM would have been taught to "think logically" by josephw. The problem is that, as is all too common with Christians, their beliefs are extremely ego affirming and thus they live in a profoundly deep state of delusion. From what I can tell, they honestly believe themselves to be "logical" and that those who do not understand their "logic" to be irrational.
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 23:19
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Isn't Pantheism a belief that everything is God, kind of like I am God and You are God and all that groks is God?

Are you thinking of Polytheism?
    Pantheism is the belief that GOD is everything. Each facet of existence is merely a part of GOD.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 00:42
    Thats a strange example of logic- though I don't doubt you have been taught to be logical.
    We did our best. 😉
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 00:47
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    IIRC, SM would have been taught to "think logically" by josephw. The problem is that, as is all too common with Christians, their beliefs are extremely ego affirming and thus they live in a profoundly deep state of delusion. From what I can tell, they honestly believe themselves to be "logical" and that those who do not understand their "logic" to be irrational.
    None of that is true.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 00:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    None of that is true.
    You aren't the father of SM? I seem to remember that there was a father/daughter pair that posted on this forum. Thought it was you two.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:10
    You aren't the father of SM? I seem to remember that there was a father/daughter pair that posted on this forum. Thought it was you two.
    That part is true, but please don't spread it around.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:15
    That part is true, but please don't spread it around.
    Okay, didn't know it was a secret.

But obviously your assertion that "None of that is true" was false.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:19
    Okay, didn't know it was a secret.

But obviously your assertion that "None of that is true" was false.
    That's true.

Tag, you're it!
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:58
    That's true.

Tag, you're it!
    As is the rest of what I posted. Hopefully some day you'll realize it.
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 22:501 edit
    But aren't you the one who believes that Jesus taught we should be completely free of sin in order to be considered his followers?

If so why did Jesus teach his followers to confess their sins daily to God in Matt 6:9? It's a logical contradiction in your position that you have yet to address. Until you do so I'm wondering how you feel able to rant on about the "lack of logic" in Christians when your own position needs looking at first.

I also wonder how "ego affirming" it is for you to suppose some moral and intellectual superiority over Christians?

Once again it seems that you teach what you most need to learn......
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 00:33
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    But aren't you the one who believes that Jesus taught we should be completely free of sin in order to be considered his followers?

If so why did Jesus teach his followers to confess their sins daily to God in Matt 6:9? It's a logical contradiction in your position that you have yet to address. Until you do so I'm wondering how you feel able to ran ...[text shortened]... ver Christians?

Once again it seems that you teach what you most need to learn......
    The ravings of the lunatic stalker continue....more's the pity.
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 23:141 edit
    The ravings of the lunatic stalker continue....more's the pity.
    Can't you find a new gag?

You were stalking Christianity long before I came on the scene. You stalk St Paul , you stalk the words of Jesus and it seems you stalk any thread you get the chance to peddle your " all Christians are egotists , hypocrites and rationalizers " line.

But one thing you have never been able to do has been to answer a straight question or deal with a simple challenge to your position. That fact still remains.

You used to find other ways of avoiding questions before you latched onto the "stalker" jibe.

Of course , as you well know , the mental condition of any one individual is irrelevant. It's the logic of the argument that counts. The argument I put forward to you put you right in the middle of a very sticky wicket and you know it. So even if my words were the "rantings of a lunatic stalker" (LOL) what would it matter?

You still have no answer.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 23:54
    The Bible teaches that God is three persons in one.

And no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can comprehend it.

Three as one? It's a complex subject. I imagine it would take at least the rest of all our combined life times posting in this forum to scratch the surface of all there is to know about God.
    And no matter how hard anyone tries, no one can comprehend it.

Because it's a paradox!
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:44
    Christians say there is only one God but...
    1. Jesus is God
    2. Lucifer(devil)was once (with ) God
    3. The holy spirit is likened to God.
    4.God("The Father" ) is God

Is this a reasonable train of thought? Seems to me that it could be interpretted that Christians are pantheists!
    Lucifer was never God. As for the Triune God, it is a mystery that we simply aren't equipped to understand. we're not pantheists simply because of an inability to humanly describe something that is indescribable.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 01:10
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Lucifer was never God. As for the Triune God, it is a mystery that we simply aren't equipped to understand. we're not pantheists simply because of an inability to humanly describe something that is indescribable.
    Yeah I know . But for an outsider could you see how they might come to that conclusion?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree