1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 13:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    How marvellous for you. I'll chew on that till dawn.
    glad to provide entertainment for you.
  2. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 13:43
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    are religious people moronic in nature?
    yes.

is a black man or woman 2/3 of a real person?
    yes.

you don't see any similarity between these two constructs? as in the obvious stupidity and bigotry and ignorance?
    Actually it frightens me that you do.

So tell me, what similarities do you see between a persons chosen behaviour
    and that of their heritage?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 13:50
    glad to provide entertainment for you.
    You do. You remind me of generalissimo. Chest puffed out. Your bossy little boots just a size too big. Resplendent in your earnest superfluity.

On Topic Bit: Are religious folk moronic in nature? Now there's a question.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 13:552 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You do. You remind me of generalissimo. Chest puffed out. Your bossy little boots just a size too big. Resplendent in your earnest superfluity.

On Topic Bit: Are religious folk moronic in nature? Now there's a question.
    Na hes more like Ming the merciless, menacing arched eyebrows, scarlet cloak, ruby and diamond encrusted ring that we kiss on entering his presence while we make out petty petitions before his greatness, big pinball wizard boots, aint it so Zapansy dude!😉
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 14:24
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    Actually it frightens me that you do.

So tell me, what similarities do you see between a persons chosen behaviour
    and that of their heritage?
    i had to read it twice before realizing what you mean. when i understood that you really do believe that religious people are moronic in nature, it became obvious why you don't see any similarities between those two concepts.

well let me break it down to you. they are both moronic because they both deal with misconceptions, bigotry, over generalization. like saying all blacks like kool aid and chikin or that they are less human than whites.

when you say that religious people are moronic in nature, do you have any proofs? do you have any logical reason to say all are moronic? so if only some are moronic, do you have any logical reason to assume that is because of religion and not because they were moronic to begin with?
  6. Joined
    15 Nov '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:39
    Why is it that so many discussions start out well intentioned and intelligent and then somewhere along the way melt down into circular name calling?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 20:42
    Its not so much that Christians are stupid (in general this is not true), it is just that in order to defend their faith they present stupid arguments
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 23:39
    Originally posted by Ed T
    Why is it that so many discussions start out well intentioned and intelligent and then somewhere along the way melt down into circular name calling?
    Wrong thread Ed T. This thread started out with name calling. Indeed, take a look at the Thread title. In fact, your well intentioned and intelligent post is the first one totally off-topic. Shape up or ship out, Mr Nice Guy.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 23:45
    [M]aking such a moronic claim is the same as making any other stereotype or hateful comment regarding a group of people.

like saying blacks like chicken, jews are greedy and every gay man has an exquisite sense of fashion. it is retarded.
    Just to set the record straight (so to speak): Every gay man does in fact have an equisite sense of fashion!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '09 23:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wrong thread Ed T. This thread started out with name calling. Indeed, take a look at the [b]Thread title. In fact, your well intentioned and intelligent post is the first one totally off-topic. Shape up or ship out, Mr Nice Guy.[/b]
    Feisty, i like that!
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 08:27
    Originally posted by Ed T
    this discussion didn't start well intentioned and intelligent. it started with name calling. and unfounded name calling at that.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 08:29
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Just to set the record straight (so to speak): Every gay man does in fact have an equisite sense of fashion!
    and you claim this because you have met every single gay man on earth.

on the other hand, if you attempted a joke, it needs work.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 08:38
    it started with name calling. and unfounded name calling at that.
    You are an English so-called sausage maker.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 10:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are an English so-called sausage maker.
    you are a pink smurf
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 10:50
    it started with name calling. and unfounded name calling at that.
    Drat! You're dead right. These insults are way wide of the mark.

Wait there. Let me think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree