1. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 22:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Sure, but you won't have any satisfaction of knowing if you did anything worthwhile, because you cease to exist. You won't know anything. .
    So it is all vanity.
    But I can have the satisfactory of knowing I did or tryed to do something worthwhile while im still alive. So when I know this I can die in peace.

like da vinci said:

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.

For me a life spent well is a life spend helping others.

Whats the use of helping yourself if your going to die anyhow?
    Helping mankind makes a lot more sense because mankind CAN reach immortality.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 22:57
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    But I can have the satisfactory of knowing I did or tryed to do something worthwhile while im still alive. So when I know this I can die in peace.

like da vinci said:

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.

For me a life spent well is a life spend helping others.

Whats the use of helping your ...[text shortened]... g to die anyhow?
    Helping mankind makes a lot more sense because mankind CAN reach immortality.
    If there is nothing after death, nothing in death matters.
    What does it matter if you are happy here on earth thinking
    you made a difference, when everyone you helped turns to
    nothing too after you leave. The only time anything matters
    is when there is life, if this is all there is, a life spent doing
    good or evil are both the same after those lives end. The fruit
    of both of those lives only matter in life and after time even
    the fruit of one man, good or bad, becomes meaningless too.
    All that matters, only matters in life, and if life is eternal than
    what is to be valued will only be those things that carry on.
    Kelly

Ecclesiastes 1

1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:
    2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!"
    says the Teacher.
    "Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless."

3 What does man gain from all his labor
    at which he toils under the sun?

4 Generations come and generations go,
    but the earth remains forever.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    If there is nothing after death, nothing in death matters.
    nothing too after you leave. The only time anything matters
    is when there is life, if this is all there is, a life spent doing
    good or evil are both the same after those lives en ...[text shortened]... the sun?

4 Generations come and generations go,
    but the earth remains forever.
    Thanks for the motivation...:🙄😀
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Thanks for the motivation...:🙄😀
    I'm one who believes in eternal life and looking forward to it.
    It is those that have nothing after this life, that well...have nothing.
    edit
    That they are aware of anyway.
    Kelly
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 02:33
    I'm one who believes in eternal life and looking forward to it.
    It is those that have nothing after this life, that well...have nothing.
    edit
    That they are aware of anyway.
    Kelly
    I'm glad you clarified that. I probably could've guessed from your previous posts though.
  6. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 04:55
    I fear painfull death more so than just death. As humans we fear the unknown as a coward I fear pain. I would only ask it be quick and painless.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 05:31
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    Why? And what are you going to do about it?

Personally I fear dying without at least having tryed to make a change to the big problems of mankind. (like poverty hunger and war)
    I think its because when my life ends and I look back on it, it would seem that my life was useless if I did not try this.
    Kinda. There's not much to be done. I'll do my best to live the most satisfying life I can and come to terms with death. I've done the second for the most part, and the first as best I can I suppose as well.
  8. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 15:29

nothing too after you leave. T
    They can do the same and improve the world. Like I said mankind has the potential to live forever, humans dont. Your contributions can also live on forever if mankind lives on. If you get rid of your ego you'll understand.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 15:46
    The only slight comfort that I can take when facing my mortality is to remember that many others, including people I loved, have gone before me.
  10. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    03 Oct '05 15:52
    i'm really not looking forward to it at all.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 01:21
    Originally posted by murrow
    i'm really not looking forward to it at all.
    I am not looking forward to it either.There is no more I can do for anyone after I'm dead. I won't know how my children will turn out, grandchildren, etc.
    Death is cruel.
    The bible calls death an enemy.
    But as a believer in Jesus Christ, I know He will do as He promised.
    He has conquered death.
    Death is part of the curse of Genesis 3:15.
    God never intended for man to die, to be sick, to suffer, etc.
    That is the whole purpose of Jesus Christ.

Jer 29:11
    11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
    (NKJ)
  12. Tsandi
    Moves
    04 Oct '05 12:45
    "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Physical death is merely the door to eternity, "albeit a painfull one at that 🙂.
    But that's all it is, and no more. We on earth knowing what we know, prefer the state before entry, but have you ever looked at a dying man, many die with a sigh of relief.

And bytheway, all martyr's did it with a smile, so what's with you guys anyways.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 00:07
    Originally posted by zombies
    "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Physical death is merely the door to eternity, "albeit a painfull one at that 🙂.
    But that's all it is, and no more. We on earth knowing what we know, prefer the state before entry, but have you ever look ...[text shortened]... relief.

And bytheway, all martyr's did it with a smile, so what's with you guys anyways.
    Eccl 9:4
    4 But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
    (NKJ)

Eccl 9:5
    5 For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.
    (NKJ)

Ps 88:10
    10 Will You work wonders for the dead? Shall the dead arise and praise You? Selah
    (NKJ)

Ps 115:17
    17 The dead do not praise the LORD, nor any who go down into silence.
    (NKJ)

1 Cor 15:26
    26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
    (NKJ)

Nuff said............🙂
  14. Tsandi
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 06:34
    4 But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
    (NKJ)

5 For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.
    (NKJ)

10 Will You work wonders for the dead? Shall the dead arise and ...[text shortened]... Cor 15:26
    (NKJ)

Nuff said............🙂
    Wrong my friend, all those quotes are reflective of the body doing an action, but it says no-thing of the spirit, and always remember, you area spirit, you live in a body, and you have a soul.

So dying bodily is not dying spiritually, since your spirit lives forever, death is not a silent place. For we know of one who over-came the physical death too, and came back with a glorified and immortal body, and like him we shall be.

Your physical death is just a phase of your existence, your spirit lives on, and shall either be juded and condemned into the spiritual death, or be pardoned into spiritual life.

And concering what we shall be, read the book of Revelations, and hear it from the horses mouth, Jesus Christ himself, speaking after being resurected and having bathed the heavenly utensils of worship with his blood, and having sent the holy spirit to live within us, and having all authority in heaven and on earth, and having taken the keys of death. And the sitting at the right hand side of the father, Hear him, and see for yourself that the physical death is nothing, for only he has been here, died, arose, and came back to tell us about it.

Heck he's coming back again as he foretold in the same book.
  15. Tsandi
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 06:52
    (NKJ)

(NKJ)

10 Will You work wonders for the dead? Shall the dead arise and ...[text shortened]... Cor 15:26
    (NKJ)

Nuff said............🙂
    (NKJ)

-Who are the living??? is it the living in body but dead in spirit, or the living in spirit??

(NKJ)

-they will die in body, a corpse knows nothing, and a corpse is not me, the memory of them is forgotten by the bodily living, but not by the living God.
    Anyways, he knew of no ever-lasting life, during solomons days there was no redemption of sin. They did not know that moses, and elisha were not dead, as shown by jesus at the transfiguration, and anyways moses and elija did not know nothing, and they have their reward of everlasting life.

10 Will You work wonders for the dead? Shall the dead arise and praise You? Selah
    (NKJ)

this is a question, not a statement. and yes Jesus did exactly this, work wonders for the dead in spirit, giving them a chance to become live again. (as he said to nicodemus, for you to see the kingdom you "must" be born again.) not his body, his spirit so that he can have a living spirit, not a dead one, that all mankind inherited from Adam.

Ps 115:17
    17 The dead do not praise the LORD, nor any who go down into silence.
    (NKJ)

-God is a spirit, and must be worshiped in spirit and truth.
    If your spirit is not dead, how can you not worship the lord.

1 Cor 15:26
    (NKJ)

-True, but the sting of death is out, for Jesus holds the keys of death and hell in his hands, and man bodily death is not their spiritual death.

All authority is given to christ, in heaven and earth. and the bodily death is all that's there, that is nothing my friend.
    and it will be the last enemy ot be destroyed, by the resurection of the living in spirit, and after that all living in spirit are free from any sort of death whatsoever, just like adam was before he sinned.

Nuff said............🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree