1. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 07:372 edits
    Originally posted by zombies
    [b

And bytheway, all martyr's did it with a smile, so what's with you guys anyways.[/b]
    How do you know they died with a smile? Were you there? Getting busted upside the head with a rock would probably not make somebody smile 😀
  2. Tsandi
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 11:13
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    How do you know they died with a smile? Were you there? Getting busted upside the head with a rock would probably not make somebody smile 😀
    eezy, for any of them not to be killed they only had to say one thing, that is "I do not believe in Jesus, and am not a Christian". And they would then be let go, but because they believed and knew who they were, and whom to fear (the one who kills the spirit, and not just the body), it was a child's play for them.

It was more like, "Hey get it over with, I'd like to go to heaven, and preferably before the sun goes down".

Get it.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 20:341 edit
    eezy, for any of them not to be killed they only had to say one thing, that is "I do not believe in Jesus, and am not a Christian". And they would then be let go, but because they believed and knew who they were, and whom to fear (the one who kills the spirit, and not just the body), it was a child's play for them.

It was more like, "Hey get it over with, I'd like to go to heaven, and preferably before the sun goes down".

Get it.
    I think I understand your point. I just couldn't help but see the humor in that 😀 All this talk about martyrs makes me wonder why I shouldn't attend a jihad party and wave the cross around 😵
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 23:43

Get it.
    I guess we have differences in Theology. I don't believe anyone goes to heaven until Jesus returns. But I won't hold it against you.🙂
  5. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 23:49
    i believe that once you've seen death up close, you no longer fear it. at least that holds true for me.

it's an interesting process that i will readily embrace. just another change of form.
  6. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 23:51
    i should add one of my favorite quotes:

"come on you sons of bitches-do you want to live forever?"

-gunnery sergeant dan daly, usmc, bellau wood, june 1918
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 02:55
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    They can do the same and improve the world. Like I said mankind has the potential to live forever, humans dont. Your contributions can also live on forever if mankind lives on. If you get rid of your ego you'll understand.
    "Like I said mankind has the potential to live forever, humans dont."

So did the dinosaurs!

Like I said, you will die, so what! If there is nothing more, you will
    be nothing, all you did will be forgotten over time. Your legacy if
    you warrant one will be forgotten over time. If mankind dies all the
    advancement mankind ever made by each of us, or as a collected race
    will also be all for naught too, correct? If there is nothing beyond this
    sliver of life we see here and now, all your joy, love, hate, work, sleep,
    your whole life will be just a flash in the pan of time. If there is no life
    beyond this you have nothing, but what you see before you now to
    look forward to, and death waiting to take it away from you. You can
    hang on to nothing you do, nothing you have, and no one you love.

If there is a God and life does go on, well that does change how
    everyone and everything should be viewed; however, if you reject God
    you have no hope at all. So having nothing after this life means you
    are a loser no matter what you have or do in this life. Without God
    you have only this time, better enjoy it, when it is gone, it is gone.
    Unless of course God is real, than what happens after this life will be
    the only thing you should have tried to understand and find out
    about, ignoring the subject only means you wasted something
    eternally important.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    06 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '05 23:11
    But what if you dedicate your little sliver of life to a re;igion in the hope of a non exixtent afterlife?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '05 05:35
    Originally posted by tommygear
    But what if you dedicate your little sliver of life to a re;igion in the hope of a non exixtent afterlife?
    Some people drive drunk in the hopes of getting home and do not
    make it, or worse others around them don't. Simply hoping for
    something does not change reality, it is what it is.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree