1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 22:071 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it. I never approached them in a rude or in a correctiv ...[text shortened]... rom the bible why you are in a brief manner and could that position actually ever be lost? Thanks...
    It is a fatal flaw of Christianity for failing to recognise that the word 'saved' does not necessarily mean eternal llfe in the Kingdom of God. Paul went to great lengths to explain to saved born again Christian saints in all the churches that Christian Saints who follow after evil and sin will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Equally foolish is the idea that one needs to belong to a particular group, sect or religion for God to welcome them into His Kingdom.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 22:15
    @suzianne said
    So, are you claiming that there is no Judgement?

That's some ego talking. Only from the mind of the JWs.
    Oh my gosh!!! Are you really that spiritually blind that you're not seeing that I'm answering you? Do you understand that two times now I have answered you personally and a few more times to this thread ( which dive dude apparently is not seeing either or just being his regular pesty self ) that I've clearly said there is a judgement of all humans no matter their religion???????????????? Wow!!!!! The more I come back here is the darker and more misunderstood some of you get with the truths in the bible. But then Satan is called the God of confusion.... This is so sad and so pathetic that he has so many in his grasp and you don't-even-know-it.
    Or maybe I'm the fool that keeps coming back and hoping, really hoping that something no matter how small, that is good and upbuilding might just happen here. Nope, not at all I see.
    Well see y'all again later. Well, no not ever actually. Have fun beating each other up in this dark place.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 23:31
    @galveston75 said
    Oh my gosh!!! Are you really that spiritually blind that you're not seeing that I'm answering you? Do you understand that two times now I have answered you personally and a few more times to this thread ( which dive dude apparently is not seeing either or just being his regular pesty self ) that I've clearly said there is a judgement of all humans no matter their religion ...[text shortened]... ee y'all again later. Well, no not ever actually. Have fun beating each other up in this dark place.
    I don't understand people who get this stressed out from not getting the reaction they wanted on an internet forum.

Talk about wasting energy on things over which you have no control!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 01:11
    @galveston75 said
    The more I come back here is the darker and more misunderstood some of you get with the truths in the bible. But then Satan is called the God of confusion....
    Do you believe that "Satan" is responsible for deviations from the precise interpretation of "the truths in the bible" that you and your organization espouse?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 04:092 edits
    @galveston75 said
    To Susan.....

Where did I say that?

I've got a question for you and I hope you'll answer it.

If you are saved and I'm assuming you are saying that because you are "saved" and cannot have the gift you think you've earned of being saved taken away, which would put you on the same same level as Jesus because he was sinless and was in a saved position.
    If one is ...[text shortened]... me your thoughts on this and not just revert to your normal put downs and avoiding the questions...
    This why I called what you wrote "self-sanctimonious twaddle". Where did I say I was sinless? I was speaking of the Christ to get you to back up and see what lies you were peddling. One does not pay for their sins by dying. That is the most anti-gospel thing I've ever heard.

If that's all there is to paying our sin debt, then tell me genius, what need of Jesus? What need of Judgement?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 04:42
    @suzianne said
    This is ridiculous. This is classic JW twisting of scripture, or in this case, taking it too literally.
    Do you think Christians of the JW kind can be "saved" if, in their beliefs, they stick to their JW doctrine?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 06:111 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Oh my gosh!!! Are you really that spiritually blind that you're not seeing that I'm answering you? Do you understand that two times now I have answered you personally and a few more times to this thread ( which dive dude apparently is not seeing either or just being his regular pesty self ) that I've clearly said there is a judgement of all humans no matter their religion ...[text shortened]... ee y'all again later. Well, no not ever actually. Have fun beating each other up in this dark place.
    A summary of a typical Galveston75 closing post:

Feigned astonishment with overuse of exclamations

You are all spiritually blind

You are all lacking understanding

Answering me via proxy

More feigned astonishment at his own post with even more overuse of question marks

This forum darker and darker

You are all so sad and pathetic

You are all in Satan’s confusing grasp

Leaves forum in yet another hissy fit of cultish superiority and hubris

Arrogance, cultism and low intelligence is not a good mix.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 06:16
    Galveston75 to divegeester sometime ago:

“You are worse than Satan”

#Forum Gold
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 23:57
    @rajk999 said
    It is a fatal flaw of Christianity for failing to recognise that the word 'saved' does not necessarily mean eternal llfe in the Kingdom of God. Paul went to great lengths to explain to saved born again Christian saints in all the churches that Christian Saints who follow after evil and sin will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Equally foolish is the idea that one needs to belong to a particular group, sect or religion for God to welcome them into His Kingdom.
    Welcome back. Good to see you again.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 08:55
    @fmf said
    Do you think Christians of the JW kind can be "saved" if, in their beliefs, they stick to their JW doctrine?
    Much of their NT is just wrong. Wrongly derived, as much of the text was created to fit their already-existing dogma, which was mostly wrong to begin with.

Is it wrong enough to invalidate salvation? I cannot say. But their non-acceptance of Jesus as God is a major sticking point. There has to be power and truth and actual value behind the sacrifice He made for us upon the cross, or it means nothing. They think He was just an angel. Much of their dogma seems to circumscribe this one point.

But Romans 10:9-10 says, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." I cannot see on their heart, only God can do that.

I cannot know the efficacy of their salvation. Is it possible? Yes. With God all things are possible.

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:12-13 KJV
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 09:15
    @suzianne said
    Much of their NT is just wrong. Wrongly derived, as much of the text was created to fit their already-existing dogma, which was mostly wrong to begin with.

Is it wrong enough to invalidate salvation? I cannot say.

Well, it's the thread topic. And the question is posed by a JW. If you cannot say, so be it.

As an aside, are Mormons "saved" according to your way of thinking?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 09:27
    @fmf said

Well, it's the thread topic. And the question is posed by a JW. If you cannot say, so be it.

As an aside, are Mormons "saved" according to your way of thinking?
    The thread topic is "Are YOU saved?", not "Are those guys over there saved?"

I cannot see on the heart of JWs, and I cannot see on the heart of Mormons, either.

My external judgement of them doesn't enter into it. I am not God. So of course I cannot say, and neither can anyone else.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 09:33
    @suzianne said
    The thread topic is "Are YOU saved?", not "Are those guys over there saved?"

I cannot see on the heart of JWs, and I cannot see on the heart of Mormons, either.

My external judgement of them doesn't enter into it. I am not God. So of course I cannot say, and neither can anyone else.
    It's just a matter of theology rather than "heart". If you cannot say what you make of some competing or different theologies, seen through the prism of yours, so be it.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:481 edit
    @fmf said
    It's just a matter of theology rather than "heart". If you cannot say what you make of some competing or different theologies, seen through the prism of yours, so be it.
    No, it is not "just a matter of theology".

"Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."" - Matthew 22:37-40 NIV

This is the whole of Christianity. The rest follows naturally. This goes beyond "theology".

However, I am human, not God, and so I cannot see on a person's heart, so I do not know if they really do "love God". This is all that is required -- this, and following your own religion's established practices for "following God", no matter your religion. But the first is to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind". There are certainly those who call themselves Christian - or JW, or Mormon, or even Muslim, or Jew, who do not "love God" with all their heart, who only perform "lip service", or what Rajk calls "mouth worship", to their God. This is simply not good enough, no matter one's religion. The living God has to live... in the heart, in the soul, and in the mind of his followers. Nothing else is good enough. Do this, and you will be saved.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:50
    @suzianne said
    No, it is not "just a matter of theology".
    Yes, it is. How and why one is supposedly "saved" is a matter of competing and contrasting theologies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree