1. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 01:32
    @galveston75 said
    Great question. If all religions believed the same, followed the bible the same, no it would matter.
    Or if one doesn't see the need to do the things Jesus told his followers to do that most so called Christian religions don't teach their congregations that are actually commands from Jesus, then no.
    Or if ones life in the future did not really matter then no, it proba ...[text shortened]... didn't see the need to teach Jesus commands to be no part of the world, then no it wouldn't matter.
    Thanks for that answer.

It was illuminating.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 03:36
    @galveston75 said
    I know some here believe that they are saved. I do understand it is a very personal subject and one that most will become defensive over if they are questioned about. I have family members that have made that very clear to me over the years to the point they want nothing to do with me because I questioned them about it. I never approached them in a rude or in a correctiv ...[text shortened]... rom the bible why you are in a brief manner and could that position actually ever be lost? Thanks...
    What are you specifically wondering about? I will attempt to keep the discussion on scriptures if you want. With respect to why people behave I have no idea, could be some history or something else.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 04:11
    @fmf said
    He isn't correct. It's a lie.
    I saw it myself, it's no lie.

However, I'm trying to not fulfill your fantasy of making every thread about you. Far more interesting is the question of who this 3a is.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 04:191 edit
    @divegeester said
    I don’t remember you reporting FMF or alerting his posts for “harassing and bulling a sick old man”. Surely you would have done so if you had truly seen such a thing occurring...?
    Your memory is faulty. So is your misapprehension of the degree of your "influence" with the site owners. This is why nothing was done about it. The prevailing attitude was "that's the way the forums are here, if you can't handle it, don't play". Admins turned a blind eye to the harassment he endured in this forum and others, giving both of you license to continue your unending harassment of others on this site. Is it as bad now as it was then? No, but almost.

But all this is the last thing I want to spend my time on anymore. I can be more satisfactorily bored almost anywhere else. As I told your partner in crime, all that is not nearly as interesting as who this 3a is.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 04:27
    @galveston75 said
    Really sinless? And who is that, yourself? The only sinless person to ever walk the planet was Jesus and that is why he was able to become our savior. His sinless sacrifice or ransom is for all of sinful mankind that we all, including you, that we inherited from Adam. Really, sinless? And no your dead wrong that is not the second death. The second death apply's to ones wh ...[text shortened]... th. And we twist the scriptures that I can show every one that speaks clearly of all I've just said?
    So, are you claiming that there is no Judgement?

That's some ego talking. Only from the mind of the JWs.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 04:29
    @galveston75 said
    Great question. If all religions believed the same, followed the bible the same, no it would matter.
    Or if one doesn't see the need to do the things Jesus told his followers to do that most so called Christian religions don't teach their congregations that are actually commands from Jesus, then no.
    Or if ones life in the future did not really matter then no, it proba ...[text shortened]... didn't see the need to teach Jesus commands to be no part of the world, then no it wouldn't matter.
    That is some self-sanctimonious twaddle.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 04:35
    @suzianne said
    I saw it myself, it's no lie.

However, I'm trying to not fulfill your fantasy of making every thread about you. Far more interesting is the question of who this 3a is.
    It is a lie, Suzianne. And you are part of it. I suspect that this "new" poster" who has appeared to make the accusation is perhaps the JW poster who chased me around accusing me of being a paedophile for several weeks.
  8. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 06:24
    @galveston75 said
    Are you therefore saying, that the only people who will be in the afterlife will have been members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses church in this life?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 07:03
    @philokalia said
    You should bring it up separate from old forum drama as a topic to be discussed independently.
    What are your thoughts on the Jehovah’s Witness cult?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 08:20
    @philokalia said
    Thanks for that answer.

It was illuminating.
    What specifically did you find illuminating?

Based on that response by Galveston75, can you know tell the forum if it is possible to experience the afterlife without becoming a member of the Jehovah’s Witness church?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 14:432 edits
    To Susan.....

Where did I say that?

I've got a question for you and I hope you'll answer it.

If you are saved and I'm assuming you are saying that because you are "saved" and cannot have the gift you think you've earned of being saved taken away, which would put you on the same same level as Jesus because he was sinless and was in a saved position.
    If one is saved and sinless then that would make one like Jesus who would actually be alive today on the planet if he had either fought those who eventually killed him or if his Father had protected him and not let the Romans take him.
    Are you saying or believe that in your saved position that you are like Jesus?
    If you are saved from all sinning and now in the same position as Jesus, why are you growing old? Or get sick and yes will eventually die as an old person and all that comes with that issue?
    You should be able to physically live forever if you are truly saved and do not sin because you are saved and that scripture I opened with that apparently doesn't apply to you. Please give me your thoughts on this and not just revert to your normal put downs and avoiding the questions...
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 14:51
    @philokalia said
    Thanks for that answer.

It was illuminating.
    Thanks. Jesus is who we should be seriously listening to with "all he said", not just the few popular scriptures that most lean on like "love your neighbor". We actually need to encompass all that those popular scriptures are including in what "loving your neighbor" means.
    Or what "being no part of the world means".
    The bible says that many or even most are just satisfied in having their "ears tickled" and not ever catch the meatier things of the bible.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 15:51
    @galveston75 said
    Thanks. Jesus is who we should be seriously listening to with "all he said", not just the few popular scriptures that most lean on like "love your neighbor". We actually need to encompass all that those popular scriptures are including in what "loving your neighbor" means.
    Or what "being no part of the world means".
    The bible says that many or even most are just satisfied in having their "ears tickled" and not ever catch the meatier things of the bible.
    You are at least second generation JW, so here’s a simple honest question Galveston75...

Will a person be precluded from the afterlife if they are not a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses church?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 18:21
    @velns said
    Are you therefore saying, that the only people who will be in the afterlife will have been members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses church in this life?
    No. I believe I've answered that for all here. But only those who are doing his "will". Do you know what his "will" is?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 18:47
    @galveston75 said
    No. I believe I've answered that for all here. But only those who are doing his "will". Do you know what his "will" is?
    It’s astonishing! Several posters asking you the same question which you refuse to answer, now why would that be I wonder.

If you answer by telling the truth as you see it, you will reveal your church as being a cult. Easier to cast others as demons and throw up the accusatory wall of defence.

Nothing changes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree