1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:45
    @philokalia said
    I am not insulting you. Why are you insulting me?
    Isn't he talking to you in much the same sort of way as you talk to me?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:48
    @philokalia said
    I am not insulting you. Why are you insulting me?
    I have found if you engage him you will be insulted, if you don’t engage him you will be insulted. I was surprised to find that not only when you disagree with him you will be insulted, you can even agree with him and still get insulted. I came to the place why bother.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:51
    @kellyjay said
    you can even agree with him and still get insulted.
    Can you give an example?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 14:34

Removed by poster

5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 14:521 edit
    @fmf said
    I suggest you use "Reply" rather than "Post Reply".
    Nope, "Once post reply", always "post reply"

That's my doctrine!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 17:57

Removed by poster

7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:01
    @philokalia said
    Maybe they associate the confidence in their salvation with their confidence in the goodness of God and their following of the Bible as it is written, so it becomes a sensitive topic for them.

On the one hand, we should be incredibly humble and never assume we are saved, and we hsould feel that we are not doing enough to be saved in terms of repentance so that we can m ...[text shortened]... em after you fulfill the former. But who knows. I do not know enough on what was transpiring.
    Hi and thanks. Yes it is and we all can get a little defensive with things we believe in deeply. I've just moved back to Texas, finally after 30 years, and hope to see him soon and hopefully we can just meet as cousins and just keep the discussions within family issues.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:03
    @wolfgang59 said
    Firstly one has to believe they are in some danger in order to be saved.
    Whether theist or atheist I hope all know that they are safe.

I do.
    I hope you do too.
    Thanks. I do feel I'm heading in the right direction but there is a long ways to go.....
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:03
    @kellyjay said
    Repent, believe putting your faith in Jesus, baptism by water, baptism in the Spirit of God, follow Christ.
    Thanks Kelly. You are right on all points.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:05
    @suzianne said
    That's not what he asked you.

Please answer his question.
    Yes it is what I honestly believe. Probably the same way you believe in your church.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:07
    @kellyjay said
    I have found if you engage him you will be insulted, if you don’t engage him you will be insulted. I was surprised to find that not only when you disagree with him you will be insulted, you can even agree with him and still get insulted. I came to the place why bother.
    What’s it like to be a victim?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:12
    @kellyjay said
    Yes very true. I'd like to actually enjoy this thread and discussions so I'm not going to respond to "FMF" or "Divi dudes" rude post. Don't need that at all here.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:17
    @galveston75 said
    Yes it is what I honestly believe. Probably the same way you believe in your church.
    Never mind all the inner-thigh stroking, here’s a straightforward question for you about your church:

Does non membership of the Jehovah’s Witness organisation in any way preclude me from eternal life?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 18:362 edits
    @galveston75 said
    Yes very true. I'd like to actually enjoy this thread and discussions so I'm not going to respond to "FMF" or "Divi dudes" rude post. Don't need that at all here.
    This is just a way of you ducking out of the tough questions.

You’re a lightweight cultist who rocks up in this forum twice a year to contribute nothing more than some soundbite JW propaganda and who subsequently disappears in yet another gust of righteous indignation.

What’s the point of ignoring the difficult questions?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 19:18
    @galveston75 said
    Lol. Man that was fast. I knew they'd be jumping all over this as usual. Anyway this is their very predictable method so I'd understand if no one else wants to continue with this thread which is what they want.
    I wish the spiritual threads were patrolled more for this silliness but they've been getting away with this for a long time so I guess this cancer of this forum is still alive.
    Nothing has changed so if no one else post I'll try again another day. Take care all....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree