1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 08:541 edit
    @fmf said
    Yes, it is. How and why one is supposedly "saved" is a matter of competing and contrasting theologies.
    Not at all. Stop dodging my answer.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 09:03
    @suzianne said
    Not at all. Stop dodging my answer.
    The only part of what you typed that seemed pertinent was "No, it is not "just a matter of theology", which is a mistake, I think. The rest of your "answer" seemed like a spam bomb.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 09:07
    @suzianne said
    However, I am human, not God, and so I cannot see on a person's heart, so I do not know if they really do "love God".
    JW theology is that only members of their cult can be "saved". It has been touted in their given-away magazines numerous times and they even have a few verses they think support their assertion on behalf of their non-profit corporation. You surely read some of robbie carrobie's posts on this? Only members of the JW cult can be "saved". You either believe that this theology is right or you believe it's wrong. Nothing happens in "the heart". That's for pumping blood. It happens in the brain. Theology is something handled by the brain.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 09:341 edit
    @fmf said
    JW theology is that only members of their cult can be "saved". It has been touted in their given-away magazines numerous times and they even have a few verses they think support their assertion on behalf of their non-profit corporation.
    You can smell the cultish mindset when protagonists refuse to answer laser focused questions which require unequivocal answers about critical beliefs such as life and death, salvation and how they are linked organisation membership or rule adherence.

When pressed questionees will generally adopt 1 of a few typical poses:

- Galveston75 gets uppity and flounces off, as he has done numerous times and again in this thread

- Robbie Carrobie barked and snarled while simultaneously backing himself into an intellectual corner where he performed all manner of corntortions to metaphorically balance single-toed on a speck of unpainted intellectual floor

- And of course sonship who shotguns the thread with a mass-splattering of counter-measure retorts, disappears for 48 hours and then returns claiming that he answered the question.

#cultishforumbehavour
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 17:33
    @fmf said
    The only part of what you typed that seemed pertinent was "No, it is not "just a matter of theology", which is a mistake, I think. The rest of your "answer" seemed like a spam bomb.
    If you aren't willing to listen to, and process, legitimate answers to your question, perhaps you should stop wasting our time with questions whose only purpose is to give you an angle for further attack, including mindless naysaying and outright ignorant mischaracterization.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '19 22:13
    @suzianne said
    If you aren't willing to listen to, and process, legitimate answers to your question, perhaps you should stop wasting our time with questions whose only purpose is to give you an angle for further attack, including mindless naysaying and outright ignorant mischaracterization.
    Concepts of "salvation", "reincarnation ", "afterlife" etc. etc. are all matters of theology no matter how blue in the face you get.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 03:17
    @fmf said
    Concepts of "salvation", "reincarnation ", "afterlife" etc. etc. are all matters of theology no matter how blue in the face you get.
    And love for God is a matter for the heart, not the brain, no matter how bland in the face you get.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '19 03:27
    @suzianne said
    And love for God is a matter for the heart, not the brain, no matter how bland in the face you get.
    No. The heart is an organ that circulates blood around one's body. "Love" is a complex set of thoughts that reside in the brain. You're using the word "heart" metaphorically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree