"atheism is a belief"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
lemon lime, I take you at your word when you say that you were once an atheist. But I think you have been caught fibbing about this supposed "flood of responses" ~ after you told people about it ~ in which you say you were accused of lying about having been an atheist. I think you've simply made it up - as your subsequent behaviour on this thread seems to confirm.
Pffft... If I'm guilty of anything it would be feeding the trolls. I'm guilty of encouraging you two silly puppets to keep on dancing... dance puppets, dance.

c

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
lemon lime claims that there was a "flood" of accusations that he was lying about it but this appears to be untrue. You stating that you don't have a clue what the point is, is probably the weakest contribution to this discussion by anyone thus far. 😉
Not true FMF. Your position is the weakest. Who cares when lemon lime said that he was an atheist?? It seems to me, a mere reader of this discussion, that NO merit will come to your aid, because it is a NON issue.

Lemon lime was an atheist, at some point, and now he is not. Period.

You are creating drama, where no drama is necessary.

F

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
Pffft... If I'm guilty of anything it would be feeding the trolls. I'm guilty of encouraging you two silly puppets to keep on dancing... dance puppets, dance.
Why not debate atheists on the level and deal with what they actually say rather than claim that they said things which you then cannot demonstrate they did?

F

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
Not true FMF. Your position is the weakest. Who cares when lemon lime said that he was an atheist?? It seems to me, a mere reader of this discussion, that NO merit will come to your aid, because it is a NON issue..
You don't seem to have a clue what the point is. I accept that lemon lime was an atheist. On page 10 however, he claimed this:

But you should have seen the reaction when I first revealed this here... I got a flood of responses essentially saying "You're lying!" or "You were never an atheist!", so it seems I may have (unintentionally of course) violated some unspoken sanctity of atheist disbelief.

lemon lime is unable to establish the truth of what he claims other people on this forum did when he told everyone he was an atheist.

c

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
You don't seem to have a clue what the point is. I accept that lemon lime was an atheist. On page 10 however, he claimed this:

[b]But you should have seen the reaction when I first revealed this here... I got a flood of responses essentially saying "You're lying!" or "You were never an atheist!", so it seems I may have (unintentionally of course) violated so ...[text shortened]... truth of what he claims other people on this forum did when he told everyone he was an atheist.
It is still a NON issue, compared to the real issues of life, FMF.

If I were involved with that discussion, I would have been surprised too, at the revelation that lemon lime was an atheist, but.....it is NO reason to create such drama at how many other people were so dramatically amazed as well.

It is a non issue.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Aug 15
1 edit

Not true FMF. Your position is the weakest. Who cares when lemon lime said that he was an atheist?? It seems to me, a mere reader of this discussion, that NO merit will come to your aid, because it is a NON issue.

Lemon lime was an atheist, at some point, and now he is not. Period.

You are creating drama, where no drama is necessary.
They're trolls. Drama is what trolls do, and I am guilty of feeding them...
Confession is good for the soul, and I needed to get that off my chest.

c

Moves
17 Aug 15

They're trolls. Drama is what trolls do, and I am guilty for feeding them...
Confession is good for the soul, and I needed to get that off my chest.
The irony of this 'debate' is that there could actually be an atheist reading these public forums, who may want to know just how lemon lime came to be a Christian. That is actually the real story here. Lemon lime's story could assist someone else, if the story could be told.

F

Moves
17 Aug 15

It is still a NON issue, compared to the real issues of life, FMF.
The issue is atheism and atheists. It's the thread topic. While I'm sure no one I know here questions that he was once an atheist, lemon lime's contribution on page 10 appears to contain a silly lie about what atheists in this community said to him.

If it's a non-issue for you, I suggest you post on threads touching upon matters that are issues for you.

c

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
The issue is atheism and atheists. It's the thread topic. While I'm sure no one I know here questions that he was once an atheist, lemon lime's contribution on page 10 appears to contain a silly lie about what atheists in this community said to him.

If it's a non-issue for you, I suggest you post on threads touching upon matters that are issues for you.
As I said in my previous post......aren't you at all curious at how lemon lime went from atheist to Christian?

That is the real story here FMF.

F

Moves
17 Aug 15

... just how lemon lime came to be a Christian. That is actually the real story here. Lemon lime's story could assist someone else, if the story could be told.
lemon lime has told that story. You may have missed it. His post on page 10 was about something else. How lemon lime became a Christian and what he posted on page 10 are two completely different things. You are free to ask lemon lime about how he became a Christian anytime you want.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Aug 15
3 edits

The irony of this 'debate' is that there could actually be an atheist reading these public forums, who may want to know just how lemon lime came to be a Christian. That is actually the real story here. Lemon lime's story could assist someone else, if the story could be told.
When I consider how much flak I've gotten for simply revealing I'm a former atheist, I'm not about to set myself up for even more flak by going into a lot of detail. It doesnt set well with die hard atheists who would rather hear from former Christians who have become atheists.

I'll do a little word substitution here, and you can decide for yourself what it means: "Cast not your pearls before 'trolls'..."

F

Moves
17 Aug 15

When I consider how much flak I've gotten for simply revealing I'm a former atheist, I'm not about to set myself for even more flak by going into a lot of detail.
But you haven't demonstrated that you got the "flak" that you claim you did. The "flak" you are getting now - if that's what you think it is - is not for revealing you were an atheist, but it is instead for claiming what you did on page 10 which does not ring true and which you could clear up easily.

F

Moves
17 Aug 15

...aren't you at all curious at how lemon lime went from atheist to Christian?
You or lemon lime could start a thread about it if you want to.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Aug 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You or lemon lime could start a thread about it if you want to.
You could have read the post (on page 5) I was responding to (on page 10) if you wanted to, so you would have some clue as to what I was talking about... but apparently understanding it in context doesn't serve your purpose.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
17 Aug 15

Are you serious? It didn't just happen yesterday, or last week, or last month. And just because I remember something it doesn't mean I can remember exactly when or where (what thead) it happened. Get real... You have enough trouble following along as it is, so I wouldn't expect you to understand what was being said even if I did find it. But if you and fmf want to go on a wild goose chase then be my guest, go for it... and God speed. Lol
Your claim that posters here entered into a flood of accusations that you were a liar declaring yourself an atheist, is simply not credible. Ive followed a lot of your threads and posts and have never seen you say anything of the sort, and even when you have been caught in an outright lie (a couple of times at least), even then it is only two or three people who bother. I've been an active member here for nearly a decade and I've never seen the membership here flooding accusations of dishonesty for someone simply declaring they were atheist.