1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:38
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Plan B won't be necessary.

Atheists will one day discover the secrets to immortality and the perfect cup of coffee.
    They better get busy, then.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:42
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Anything the government pushes will become what most believe. As long as we have public service announcements and public schools we will always have government driven beliefs. Of course I am talking about society as a whole.
    News Flash: When Reagan said that "Government IS the problem," he was way, WAY off base.

Government has been the only thing keeping the corporations from assuming control of everything. Now, thanks to your Fuhrer, they're closer than ever.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    26 May '18 02:592 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    News Flash: When Reagan said that "Government IS the problem," he was way, WAY off base.

Government has been the only thing keeping the corporations from assuming control of everything. Now, thanks to your Fuhrer, they're closer than ever.
    Pick your poison. If we don't like a business, we can avoid it and boycott it. If we don't like a corrupt government, we have to suck it up--with the threat of imprisonment if we step out of line. Neither big business nor government can be trusted. Once people come to power, "the ends justify the means" when it comes to staying in power. Take the Demorat party for example.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 03:48
    A recent global survey conducted by National Geographic shows that the worlds fastest growing religion is not Islam or Christianity, but no religion at all – atheism.

The study refers to atheists as “religious nones” or people who do not follow or identify with any religion. According to the results, atheism is now the second largest religious af ...[text shortened]... https://hackspirit.com/new-study-reveals-worlds-fastest-growing-religion-not-christianity-islam/
    I have no doubt that is true.

But what does it mean?

2 Timothy 3:1-4
    This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
    Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

That atheism is on the increase is a sign of the times.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 06:54
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    They better get busy, then.
    Well, we've already discovered the perfect cup of coffee. (Ethiopian stall in Camden market. Grinds his own beans. Seriously life changing).

Still working on the immortality...
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 10:47
    Well, we've already discovered the perfect cup of coffee. (Ethiopian stall in Camden market. Grinds his own beans. Seriously life changing).

Jesus did the work.

Immortality is a gift, and is yours for the asking.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:25
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Jesus did the work.

Immortality is a gift, and is yours for the asking.
    You are talking to an atheist who knows the bible probably better than you. He knows that Jesus did not say that, so he will read it and laugh at you.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 May '18 11:45
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You are talking to an atheist who knows the bible probably better than you. He knows that Jesus did not say that, so he will read it and laugh at you.
    Well, he doesn't know the Lord better than me, and you don't know Jesus at all.

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die."

If you don't think that means immortality, then you're an idiot. Plain and simple.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:25
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Heartpence thinks books of the Bible were written “decades apart” and that Genesis had a “talking snake.” And those are just two of his pratfalls.

He knows the Bible as well as someone who looks at an atheist website for trolling ideas.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:27

Be careful what you wish for...

Atheists who become immortal may one day be begging to die and be unable to.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:27
    Originally posted by @secondson
    I have no doubt that is true.

But what does it mean?

2 Timothy 3:1-4
    This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
    Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despi ...[text shortened]... of pleasures more than lovers of God;

That atheism is on the increase is a sign of the times.
    Absolutely. Great post.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:23
    Thread update:

Serpents are also snakes, and the biblical 'serpent' has been portrayed as a snake for millennia in religious art.
    Centuries are constituted by 'decades.' (And had I said 'centuries' the cry would have been 'not all the books were written centuries apart.' )
    Romans is a numpty for not understanding this.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:35
    Thread update:

Serpents are also snakes, and the biblical 'serpent' has been portrayed as a snake for millennia in religious art.
    Centuries are constituted by 'decades.' (And had I said 'centuries' the cry would have been 'not all the books were written centuries apart.' )
    Romans is a numpty for not understanding this.
    The serpent was not at all like today’s snake because it was after the serpent tempted Eve that God cursed the serpent to crawl on its belly and eat dust. And religious art is obviously not the same as the Bible.

Centuries constituted by decades? By that logic, why not just say the books of the Bible were written hours apart? 🙄
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:46
    Note to thread readers. The above poster challenged the first 2 points of my post but freely accepted the 3rd point about him being a numpty.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 16:29
    Note to thread readers. The above poster challenged the first 2 points of my post but freely accepted the 3rd point about him being a numpty.
    Is whimsical trolling yet another tool in your trolling toolbox? They must have had a sale at the hardware store.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree