1. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '18 20:552 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Once again, this does not mean what you think it means.
    Once again [must be about the 10th time now], that is all you say when confronted with the Romans 2 passage. You never attempt to provide an explanation. Most likely your explanation will sound as dumb as you are .. hence your silence on the matter.

Remember Paul said to shut up and go let your husband teach you... Paul was a wise man.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 20:59
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Once again [must be about the 10th time now], that is all you say when confronted with the Romans 2 passage. You never attempt to provide an explanation. Most likely your explanation will sound as dumb as you are .. hence your silence on the matter.

Remember Paul said to shut up and go let your husband teach you... Paul was a wise man.
    Paul was a sexist. He only got away with it because so was every other man on the planet at that time.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:04
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Pick your poison. If we don't like a business, we can avoid it and boycott it. If we don't like a corrupt government, we have to suck it up--with the threat of imprisonment if we step out of line. Neither big business nor government can be trusted. Once people come to power, "the ends justify the means" when it comes to staying in power. Take the Demorat party for example.
    When Corporations own EVERYthing, you won't be able to avoid them, unless you don't like living in a house, and eating food.

The Tribulation will happen. Other things to support it have to happen first. First among these is support by the people, as we see in Middle America supporting perhaps the most corrupt President ever.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:08
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Well, we've already discovered the perfect cup of coffee. (Ethiopian stall in Camden market. Grinds his own beans. Seriously life changing).

Still working on the immortality...
    Camden, eh?

Eh, I grind my own beans too. Doesn't make my coffee any better than the next guy with the same beans. Unless by "his own beans" you mean he has a "special" supplier with "special" product.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:24
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Well, he doesn't know the Lord better than me, and you don't know Jesus at all.

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die."

If you don't think that means immortality, then you're an idiot. Plain and simple.
    That word 'believeth' is not what you think it means because Jesus condemned those who just professed to know him just like you are doing now. Jesus condemned your doctrine of mouth worship

To believe means to believe what he preached and to follow his commandments, which you deny are important for eternal life.

Jesus knows those who follow his commandments and lives in those people, and it is the righteous people who will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God as Jesus explained in Matt 25 ... goats who do no good works will be cast out.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:28
    Indeed. 1 Corinthians 13:13 -'And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity' ties in beautifully with 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.'

'Love for others' is the soul of the Gospels, and this love is best shown in the way we treat each other, irrespective of our religious persuasion or divine lip service.
    Acts of love and compassion to those in need .. that is the crux of eternal life which Jesus preached.

The parable of the Good Samaritan
    The Story of the Rich Man and Lazarus
    Jesus's reply to the question of how can one enter the Kingdom of God.

All over the New Testament, the teachings are about following of commandments and doing good works. Yet these fake followers of Christ preach a different gospel.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:36
    Paul was a sexist. He only got away with it because so was every other man on the planet at that time.
    Be nice! I like my spare ribs with dark molasses barbecue sauce and I wouldn't trade them for anything. But Adam on the other hand, gave his spare rib UP so that you could roam the Earth.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 May '18 22:151 edit
    Thank God (The Father) it’s totally different now.

Edit: or The Son, and not so sure about The Holy Spirit.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 00:14
    Acts of love and compassion to those in need .. that is the crux of eternal life which Jesus preached.

The parable of the Good Samaritan
    The Story of the Rich Man and Lazarus
    Jesus's reply to the question of how can one enter the Kingdom of God.

All over the New Testament, the teachings are about following of commandments and doing good works. Yet these fake followers of Christ preach a different gospel.
    Jesus Christ said to believe on Him for eternal life. Do you?

Do you think Jesus Christ was God in the flesh?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 00:321 edit
    That word 'believeth' is not what you think it means because Jesus condemned those who just professed to know him just like you are doing now. Jesus condemned your doctrine of mouth worship

To believe means to believe what he preached and to follow his commandments, which you deny are important for eternal life.

Jesus knows those who follow his comman ...[text shortened]... he Kingdom of God as Jesus explained in Matt 25 ... goats who do no good works will be cast out.
    <<To believe means to believe what he preached and to follow his commandments, which you deny are important for eternal life.>>

I guess Martha got it wrong.

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.”

(John 11:25-27)

I guess you think Martha should have said, “Yes, I believe in following your commandments and doing good works.”

How about this?

“And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.”

(Mark 5:34)

Did Jesus mean her faith in obeying His commandments and doing good works?

Or this:

“While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further?

As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.”

(Mark 5:35-36)

Did Jesus mean believe in His commandments and doing good works?

I could literally post about five dozen examples like this. Your understanding of the New Testament is wrong because you deny the deity of Jesus Christ. It’s that simple. You have no belief in Him and you have faith in Him. You only have belief and faith in yourself doing good works and not sinning - and yet you can’t stop sinning as evidenced by your behavior in this forum where you continually bear false witness against people, insult people and condemn people to hell.

If you could set aside your pride and chest puffing for 30 seconds and realize you can’t earn your salvation, that salvation is a gift from God, maybe you’d begin to understand God, His love and the Truth.

But I fear you never will.

Sad!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 00:35

<<Most likely your explanation will sound as dumb as you are .. hence your silence on the matter.

Remember Paul said to shut up and go let your husband teach you... Paul was a wise man.>>

You have so much hate in you, rajk. It’s just sad.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 May '18 03:14
    ... and the perfect cup of coffee.
    I have a book on that subject. Some people take it very serious.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:52
    Thumbs up from the Dogg.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:33
    Camden, eh?

Eh, I grind my own beans too. Doesn't make my coffee any better than the next guy with the same beans. Unless by "his own beans" you mean he has a "special" supplier with "special" product.
    Honestly, I can't even begin to describe how good that Camden coffee is. It's like drinking velvet with the perfect aftertaste. Beautiful coffee. Nothing I have ever tried compares to it.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:34
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I have a book on that subject. Some people take it very serious.
    And rightly so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree