1. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    You forgot abiogenesis. Science has no proof as to where matter came from or where life came from. All they can do is say what materials were needed to form life and point to those materials on earth as having formed life much in the way the Bible says that we were created from the dust of the earth. Either belief requires faith since such theories are imm ...[text shortened]... he scientific method would be to create life in a lab. All I can say is, good luck with that!!!
    Life exists around us. Therefore either life always existed or there must be a way for life to come into existance. Its unlikly, based on avaliable evidence, that life has always existed. Therefore there must be a way for life to come into existance. Science can't explain it. Should we stop trying to find out just because some ejit says 'a magic man done it'?
  2. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:15
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    yeah, the big bang is pretty ridiculous.
    Why? The universe is expanding. You interpolate backwards, logically you get to a singularity. What alternative do you have?
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:16
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    Life exists around us. Therefore either life always existed or there must be a way for life to come into existance. Its unlikly, based on avaliable evidence, that life has always existed. Therefore there must be a way for life to come into existance. Science can't explain it. Should we stop trying to find out just because some ejit says 'a magic man done it'?
    i don't think god just commanded man to be created and adam went poof! out of thin air, if he's made up of earth or dirt or w/e it was 😕 then it can be made by us
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:16
    Why? The universe is expanding. You interpolate backwards, logically you get to a singularity. What alternative do you have?
    i'm gonna do like kellyjay and say "idk"
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:18
    i don't think god just commanded man to be created and adam went poof! out of thin air, if he's made up of earth or dirt or w/e it was 😕 then it can be made by us
    So if God did create man, then logically we should be able to as well? Who made the earth and dirt?
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:19
    So if God did create man, then logically we should be able to as well? Who made the earth and dirt?
    if god exists, he did, but didn't the bible say something about us being made from dirt? if it did, then we should be able to make life with what we have on earth
  7. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:27
    if god exists, he did, but didn't the bible say something about us being made from dirt? if it did, then we should be able to make life with what we have on earth
    Unless he added to the dirt but didn't tell us.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 14:29
    Unless he added to the dirt but didn't tell us.
    true, like a soul, or what i heard a scientist who was hoping to make an organism out of scratch, "touch of god", it was on a video at school
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 15:39
    Did I say stop looking for truth? Let them try to reproduce life in a lab somewhere from now until the end of time. As I said before, good luck with that!! I think you will find that truth can be found in a variety of places. Science is only one venue for such truth. The Bible is another.
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 16:31
    Did I say stop looking for truth? Let them try to reproduce life in a lab somewhere from now until the end of time. As I said before, good luck with that!! I think you will find that truth can be found in a variety of places. Science is only one venue for such truth. The Bible is another.
    As soon as you say God did it, you've stopped looking. If mankind had accepted that argument every time it was said, then we'd still think the earth was the centre of the universe. We still all be creationists!
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 20:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yea right, like the Big Bang isn't a work that came from between the
    ears of someone.
    Kelly
    not if it really happened,
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 20:29
    My beliefs are beliefs, my faith is faith. A fact is something within
    the realm of reality, which can be accepted as a matter of belief or
    faith, but my beliefs or faith does not change something I believe in
    to be a fact if it really isn't true, no matter how strong my beliefs or
    faith is.
    Kelly
    Kelly, all the time you try to say "all beliefs are equal" which is crap. Why didn't you come back to me with a refutation of that Zhang article, or are your beliefs less great?
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 20:34
    Well yes I accept I may be wrong,
    Stop lying. You don't accept that for one moment, or you wouldn't be a Christian
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 20:36
    You forgot abiogenesis. Science has no proof as to where matter came from or where life came from. All they can do is say what materials were needed to form life and point to those materials on earth as having formed life much in the way the Bible says that we were created from the dust of the earth. Either belief requires faith since such theories are imm ...[text shortened]... he scientific method would be to create life in a lab. All I can say is, good luck with that!!!
    What rot. Abiogenesis is not something that can@t be tested in the lab.. It's being tested now.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 20:37
    yeah, the big bang is pretty ridiculous.
    And a big man in the clouds with a white beard creating planets isn't?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree