1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 11:581 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I know you Kelly. You don't accept for a moment that you could be wrong. You might say you do, but you don't. Not really.

[edit; if you did, you'd be agnostic.]
    I am what I claim to be, not what you want me to be, or try to paint
    me. Just as you are I'd hope, it isn't my fault you think people who
    disagree with you have some type of mental defect in their make up.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 12:00
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i cant believe you believe that
    I don't know if he claims it to be a belief, he may think it is a fact.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 12:01
    Well, which is it? Come on, for once in your life a straight answer please.
    This is where you are funny, you make claims about me and ask me
    to defend them, defend your own claims.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 12:03
    Originally posted by whiterose
    "What I'm really saying is faith is faith, we are people and we live by it. You can try to say your faith in the logic of some scientist is better
    than someone else's faith in God, I don't care! It is still faith, when
    you apply your belief system to the world around you and come up
    with what you call truth or facts. You may be right, you may be wron ...[text shortened]... you obviously have no working definitions for them which would differentiate the two.
    When you or others stop making claims that your faith is facts I'll
    stop bringing it up, your conclusions or the conclusions of others on
    pieces of evidence do not rate being called facts. The evidence can
    be a fact, what you think about them is another thing.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 16:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Better said, you think it does. Evidence does not talk, witnesses do.
    Kelly
    My words aren't talking either, but they certainly say something.

(Unlike you)
  6. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 20:20
    When you or others stop making claims that your faith is facts I'll
    stop bringing it up, your conclusions or the conclusions of others on
    pieces of evidence do not rate being called facts. The evidence can
    be a fact, what you think about them is another thing.
    Kelly
    So what is a fact? If "faith is faith" and "evidence has belief and faith wraped up in the description"(your words) then there can be no facts and and you certainly cannot call what you went through yesterday a 'fact', nor can you say that anything is real.

If a fact is "something within reality"(your words), then we should be able to use evidence from the "real" world around us to determine what is a fact. If, as you say, you cannot use your evaluation of this evidence to determine facts, then there is no way to know that anything is real or factual.

The only logical conclusion from your statements is that there are no facts. However, you consisently refuse to admit this and continue to use the word "fact" as if there was such a thing.
  7. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 20:48
    GOD! Get a life! You playahs have weak game an' all. Bring it like U mean it or step off and let the bruthaz flow!
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 00:56
    Originally posted by whiterose
    So what is a fact? If "faith is faith" and "evidence has belief and faith wraped up in the description"(your words) then there can be no facts and and you certainly cannot call what you went through yesterday a 'fact', nor can you say that anything is real.

If a fact is "something within reality"(your words), then we should be able to use evidence from ...[text shortened]... fuse to admit this and continue to use the word "fact" as if there was such a thing.
    Kelly stretches and misapplies words deliberately to try and play down others positions whilst singularly failing to actually assert a positive position of his own.

Kelly is the guy in the gym who stands there, putting others down, without demonstrating any ability of his own.
  9. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 15:152 edits
    Why do you think this?

Also, that's not what the big bang did at all. All the BB did was create a lot of hydrogen which, under the influence of gravity condensed into clouds, then stars, which allowed the generation pf conditions suitable for nucleosynthesis. After some 10 BILLION YEARS our own star was fo e be.

This really is the greatest story ...[text shortened]... ever told.

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i cant believe you believe that
    I´ve been wondering for some time now just what it is about the Big Bang Theory that creationists find so impossible to accept. Originally I thought that it was just a case of not believing that random chance could get us to where we are today, but now I´m of the opinion that creationists feel that without intelligent design all of this, all the people on the earth and all the stars in the sky would be completely meaningless, and we would therefore be doomed to an existence without purpose.

So I ask this: why is it so important that we be GIVEN meaning by a supreme being? Why can´t we simply take life by the cojones and give meaning and purpose to our OWN lives?
  10. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 15:19
    Originally posted by nige22
    I´ve been wondering for some time now just what it is about the Big Bang Theory that creationists find so impossible to accept. Originally I thought that it was just a case of not believing that random chance could get us to where we are today, but now I´m of the opinion that creationists feel that without intelligent design all of this, all the people on th ...[text shortened]... ng? Why can´t we simply take life by the cojones and give meaning and purpose to our OWN lives?
    Fear of accepting that ultimatly our lives mean nothing. Not that that means we can't give meaning to our lifes relative to humanity.
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 18:13
    Originally posted by nige22
    I´ve been wondering for some time now just what it is about the Big Bang Theory that creationists find so impossible to accept. Originally I thought that it was just a case of not believing that random chance could get us to where we are today, but now I´m of the opinion that creationists feel that without intelligent design all of this, all the people on th ...[text shortened]... ng? Why can´t we simply take life by the cojones and give meaning and purpose to our OWN lives?
    Terror, apparently.
  12. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    03 May '08 12:28
    Bump
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 May '08 23:04
    Yea right, like the Big Bang isn't a work that came from between the
    ears of someone.
    Kelly
    Now THATS a new one. The big bang as the result of exploding earwax. Where can we take THIS one? Can you prove it would lead to inflation? Would the theoretical data match the reading of the cosmic background radiation? Is it polarized? Does it show the universe spinning? Will it shed light on the anti-matter/matter ratio? Does it lead to C as a constant or will it show C to be a variable, however slight? These and many more questions may be answered by this new stunning theory.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 May '08 01:36
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    Why? The universe is expanding. You interpolate backwards, logically you get to a singularity. What alternative do you have?
    God.
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 May '08 01:38
    Every bit of evidence we have says it did.
    Not good enough. Point: Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree