1. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 May '08 06:30
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Agree with all your point, except the last one. i AM typing on a computer, true--but find the machine to be an infernal abomination. It's a necessary evil, but evil nonetheless. 🙂
    It is most definitely not necessary. You could, if you so chose, do without it. In fact you could do without all of sciences achievements and live naked in the bush somewhere gathering fruit and hunting animals with your bare hands. Though we could differ on what we mean by science as your statement:
    I feel science has been of marginal expedience in my life
    clearly shows you think that most of what you use in your life is independent of science. Maybe God invented the wheel?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 May '08 13:32
    Originally posted by Gastel
    7 pages so far.
    7 pages of science vs creationism. Not atheism.
  3. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    07 May '08 22:16
    So!?
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 May '08 16:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is most definitely not necessary. You could, if you so chose, do without it. In fact you could do without all of sciences achievements and live naked in the bush somewhere gathering fruit and hunting animals with your bare hands. Though we could differ on what we mean by science as your statement:
    [b]I feel science has been of marginal expedience in ...[text shortened]... that most of what you use in your life is independent of science. Maybe God invented the wheel?
    No, it means most of what I use "that I consider mundane or trivial" has been affeceted by science in a positive way (I don't know how to make the little letters bold, as in your example, so I used quotes) 🙂

I would never want to spend 2 hours traveling to church on horseback, with no A/C, and I like being able to evacuate waste without going outside my domecile. These are the mundane things science has helped me with. The important stuff, fortunately, is still in my hands.😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree