1. In your face
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:371 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Atheism is not a religion......but a defective mental state spurred on by a dishonest disposition.
    🙄

Atheism is an opinion, no less valid than yours. All religion is an opinion and everone is entitiled to one. Why can't you accept other people's opinions?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:42
    Atheism is not a religion......but a defective mental state spurred on by a dishonest disposition.
    You said that the Vaisnava Society last year served out over 2 million meals to the homeless and needy. Do these homeless and needy people have to accept your assertions [like the above one about dishonesty and "defective mental capabilities"] before or after you serve them a meal? Do you feed them regardless of whether they choose to stick to their belief system, even if it differs from that of the Vaisnava Society?
  3. In your face
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:45
    http://cafewitteveen.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/12530441941910.jpg
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 02:48
    Originally posted by mikelom
    The passive atheist is just a fellow who is lazy and when pressed on the subject of God and then pushed in the corner for discussion - he will actually reveal he is more agnostic that an atheist.

--- unquote Dasa.

Do you fear Buddhism, because there are more followers of less BS than your so called Religion, and you fear for the true atheistic Buddhsi ...[text shortened]... and dishonest people, lazy and agnostic?

Am I dishonest in asking you this question?

-m. ?
    Theravada Buddhist? This is interesiting... I find myself aligning with Buddhist beliefs but I've never heard of this. Maybe you can point me in the direction of some books I can use to read up on Theravada Buddhism.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 06:17
    So atheists are metally ill?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 06:20
    What i am saying is there is only ONE religion and all others are but fabrications by mundane man.

True religion must be eternal because God is eternal.

The Vedic teachings are the only eternal teachings on this earth.

The acid test for true religion has proven this many times before.
    I see nothing eternal about the Vedic teachings. They had a beginning
    and they will have an end when the Christ returns to rule.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 07:53
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Dasa= Moronic

Every time you post thid drivel, I get joy out of knowing people are eating animals in your name.
    Those people would be me.

By the way, I went to my girlfriend's company's Christmas party tonight. It was at the fanciest restaurant I have ever been to, probably. The group ordered many appetizers, of which I sampled the scallops, quail, calamari, and caviar. They were delicious. For my main course I ate a savory 9 oz. filet mignon. I thought of your inane drivel at least once while eating it, Dasa, so I shall declare the meal Dasa's meal.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 09:181 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said that the Vaisnava Society last year served out over 2 million meals to the homeless and needy. Do these homeless and needy people have to accept your assertions [like the above one about dishonesty and "defective mental capabilities"] before or after you serve them a meal? Do you feed them regardless of whether they choose to stick to their belief system, even if it differs from that of the Vaisnava Society?
    Nope. you can go there and accept prashadum (a meal) without chanting anything or having to assert anything. Whats more, with the better temples, you wont be judged.

As a courtesy I always answer with a "hare krsna" for a "hello" and a "thank you"

Some encourage you to chant, but I have never been denied food for not sharing their belief systems or for not chanting.
    I have nearly always felt as the food was totally freely given with no attachments-as true charity should be.
    I have always felt at home at the better temples, sharing the land with them, but respecting their rules, such as no smoking and no alcohol.
    i am always happy to leave my contraband at the gate and have felt WAY less judgement from the Krsna's than say some christian food places I have gone to for 'free' meals.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 09:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So atheists are metally ill?
    Yeah, too much iron in their diet 🙂
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 10:17
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Theravada Buddhist? This is interesiting... I find myself aligning with Buddhist beliefs but I've never heard of this. Maybe you can point me in the direction of some books I can use to read up on Theravada Buddhism.
    Theravada Buddhism is essentially the Buddhism of Thailand, but is spread across much of Southern East Asia. It differs from Tibetan and Zen, and is believed to be in closer proximity and practice of Buddha's words themselves.

Most of the good books translated into English are by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu, and make for fairly simplistic reading, with in-depth explanations.

Many can be found here: http://www.liberationpark.org/about/books.htm

A wonderful website (I think I've posted before) is :
    http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/dhp/dhp.intro.budd.html

This also has a nearly complete translation of the Pali scriptures, Buddha's words.

-m.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 10:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Some encourage you to chant, but I have never been denied food for not sharing their belief systems or for not chanting.
    Do the people handing out free food treat people in the way Dasa treats people here?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 10:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do the people handing out free food treat people in the way Dasa treats people here?
    Not at all.

If SOME of them were to put their ideas into words they would come off a bit like Dasa. But I stress "some".

A friend and I (some 15+ years ago) had some interest in engaging in conversation about religion,etc. with some of these devotees. There was one that sounded like Dasa. He totally put us off.
    But I've noticed that the more wiser devotees leave their preaching to where it is wanted (and asked for).

I/we can see their minds ticking over on how to present their views without coming across like say ... Dasa. (Perhaps it was Dasa we talked to ? It's possible)

Anyway the more wiser devotees always have an "air" about them. They do not engage in fruitless conversations, and they would only talk to people one on one and then only if the "seeker" is showing genuine interest, and already displays some Vedic knowledge. For the most part I do not see these "wiser" ones engaging in conversation in general in their beliefs, and imo, they seem to be more engaged in inner chanting or "reflection/meditation", than putting out any wild speculations out there for the whole congregation to digest (as they digest their meals) , which they could do, but they wisely realize that they would be wrecking an otherwise fine meal.
    That , in short is my experience of the Krsna's in Brisbane and the surrounding areas (the surrounding Krsna farms)
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 11:04
    Anyway the more wiser devotees always have an "air" about them. [...] For the most part I do not see these "wiser" ones engaging in conversation in general in their beliefs, and imo, they seem to be more engaged in inner chanting or "reflection/meditation", than putting out any wild speculations out there for the whole congregation to digest (as they di ...[text shortened]... they could do, but they wisely realize that they would be wrecking an otherwise fine meal.
    Well seeing as Dasa is conspicuously judgemental, totally lacking in any discernible generosity of spirit, and obsessed with abusing and insulting people, then I cannot really see what justification he has trying to associate himself with the charitable activity - or the charity workers - that you describe.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 11:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well seeing as Dasa is conspicuously judgemental, totally lacking in any discernible generosity of spirit, and obsessed with abusing and insulting people, then I cannot really see what justification he has trying to associate himself with the charitable activity - or the charity workers - that you describe.
    Admittadly they are a mixed lot.
    Actually I know of some criminals on the run who shave their heads and join the devotees in a bid to flee from the law.
    But that is only one side of the picture. There are really some great people out there. Selfless. Chopping vegetables day in day out to feed hungry people from all over.
    On the whole I would say they do more good than bad, but, as me and my friend had encountered, every now and then you get one that cant resist preaching their doctrines to you before or after meals.
    At the time, me and my friend were smart a$$es as well, so our conversations were prolly more a conflict of childish egos than any meaningful exchanges/conversations.
    Like I said, these "chatty" ones made up a minority. Most were chanting or serenely reflecting. Then there were us, the patrons , who had come for our free/cheap meals. It was strange at times, no doubt, but the likes of Dasa (and the way he engages people) were definately in the minority. However, having said that, we always thought that the "elders" (the wiser ones) could've put a stop to some of the more heated conversations, as they served not much purpose, as Dasa's posts seem to do here.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Dec '11 17:02
    Yeah, too much iron in their diet 🙂
    Something must be wrong with my keyboard or computer for I was
    sure I typed "mentally" but perhaps its me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree