1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 14:29
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    It's a circular endless loop. There may be a starting point but after 1 cycle, the starting point is irrelevant. You can start the program at line 20 if you want.

I took the idea from a meme someone posted which would have been more effective, but I can't post pictures so I had to do it via line items.
    Fix your mistake first. Atheism is what now?
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 May '18 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Fix your mistake first. Atheism is what now?
    The program represents a perfect circle of atheist reasoning and I will not--repeat, not "fix" it so that you find it more suitable. I will not do it!

Edit: And that's final!
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 14:32
    It's a circular endless loop. There may be a starting point but after 1 cycle, the starting point is irrelevant. You can start the program at line 20 if you want.

I took the idea from a meme someone posted which would have been more effective, but I can't post pictures so I had to do it via line items.
    You can't code good. Without the first line, program crashes.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 14:34
    The program represents a perfect circle of atheist reasoning and I will not--repeat, not "fix" it so that you find it more suitable. I will not do it!

Edit: And that's final!
    That's fine. You boxed yourself in, and you have lots of company.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '18 14:39
    Atheist Circular Reasoning in BASIC

10 God doesn't exist. -because-
    20 There is no evidence for God. -because-
    30 Any presented evidence for God is not evidence. -because-
    40 GOTO 10
    Your post breaks down at your third clause. Atheists don't automatically believe "any" evidence is "not evidence". They believe what has been put forward so far as proof doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 16:31
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Religion causes much harm, even here and now. Plus there is the general idea that I'd like people to think good, especially people I care about. I have theists in my life and I don't give them grief unless they say something stupid. They return the favor, btw.
    What in the New Testament can be viewed as harmful if put into practice?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Your post breaks down at your third clause. Atheists don't automatically believe "any" evidence is "not evidence". They believe what has been put forward so far as proof doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
    Most atheists I’ve encountered aren’t aware of the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection and have no interest in learning it.
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 May '18 16:37
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Most atheists I’ve encountered aren’t aware of the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection and have no interest in learning it.
    Willful ignorance
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 16:49
    Willful ignorance
    Indeed. One wonders what they’re afraid of or if their atheism is so tenuous they think it can’t withstand an honest, objective and open-minded look at the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 May '18 17:07
    Willful ignorance
    Apparently, the evidence is overwhelming.

By all means sir, 'overwhelm' me (though nothing biblical please. I've already discounted that).
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 17:16
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently, the evidence is overwhelming.

By all means sir, 'overwhelm' me (though nothing biblical please. I've already discounted that).
    The evidence is certainly overwhelming for people who review evidence for a living.

Set your pride aside and check out this article, Heartpence.

The Case For Christ

OK, if I'm a lawyer, and I'm viewing the case for Christ through legal goggles, what am I missing? Anything...? Surely, other analytical legal minds have weighed the evidence in "the case for Christ"...

Again, I was truly stunned to find that great legal minds had already done this...

Check these guys out...

Simon Greenleaf (1783-1853) was one of the founders of Harvard Law School. He authored the authoritative three-volume text, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence (1842), which is still considered "the greatest single authority on evidence in the entire literature of legal procedure."1 Greenleaf literally wrote the rules of evidence for the U.S. legal system. He was certainly a man who knew how to weigh the facts. He was an atheist until he accepted a challenge by his students to investigate the case for Christ's resurrection. After personally collecting and examining the evidence based on rules of evidence that he helped establish, Greenleaf became a Christian and wrote the classic, Testimony of the Evangelists.

Let [the Gospel's] testimony be sifted, as it were given in a court of justice on the side of the adverse party, the witness being subjected to a rigorous cross-examination. The result, it is confidently believed, will be an undoubting conviction of their integrity, ability, and truth.2

Sir Lionel Luckhoo (1914-1997) is considered one of the greatest lawyers in British history. He's recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records as the "World's Most Successful Advocate," with 245 consecutive murder acquittals. He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II -- twice. Luckhoo declared:

I humbly add I have spent more than 42 years as a defense trial lawyer appearing in many parts of the world and am still in active practice. I have been fortunate to secure a number of successes in jury trials and I say unequivocally the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt.3

Lee Strobel was a Yale-educated, award-winning journalist at the Chicago Tribune. As an atheist, he decided to compile a legal case against Jesus Christ and prove him to be a fraud by the weight of the evidence. As Legal Editor of the Tribune, Strobel's area of expertise was courtroom analysis. To make his case against Christ, Strobel cross-examined a number of Christian authorities, recognized experts in their own fields of study (including PhD's from such prestigious academic centers as Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandeis). He conducted his examination with no religious bias, other than his predisposition to atheism.

Remarkably, after compiling and critically examining the evidence for himself, Strobel became a Christian. Stunned by his findings, he organized the evidence into a book entitled, The Case for Christ, which won the Gold Medallion Book Award for excellence. Strobel asks one thing of each reader - remain unbiased in your examination of the evidence. In the end, judge the evidence for yourself, acting as the lone juror in the case for Christ...4

As a "lone juror," I sat quiet in my chair...

As jurors often do in the jury room, I asked to return once again to a provoking piece of evidence...

https://www.allaboutthejourney.org/the-case-for-christ.htm
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 May '18 17:25
    Originally posted by @vivify
    And thus is deemed "not evidence." Check.

Next?!
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 May '18 18:53
    Jesus said atheists are deaf. And blind. So....
    Jesus got it wrong, apparently.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 19:28
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Jesus got it wrong, apparently.
    Jesus is never wrong.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 20:08
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    What in the New Testament can be viewed as harmful if put into practice?
    Slavery. The new testament does not condemn slavery, and it has specific rules for it.

You might want to look at this from religioustolerance.org.
    They talk about both books.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/imm_bibl.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree