1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    What are the forum's thoughts on Alexander?
    You have to be aware of the environment in which you live. He must have known what consequences of his words. So he took a risk. Thats his choice. He would have been smarter if he did like Dasa and join a website to provoke people.

Right or wrong the fact of the matter is that you live among people and if you want to change them you can take the drastic route and bear the consequences or take the slow long drawn out route and change them over many decades.

Again its not about right or wrong. Its about being smart and aware of your environment.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 14:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is a big generalisation, probably completely incorrect and is certainly not my view.
    A generalization yes, and not true for everyone. But it does seem to be very common.

I may be wrong about the motivation, but as an atheist I have found that theists in general give me less respect than than they give to members of other religions and appear to feel more threatened by the concept of atheism than the the teachings of other religions.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 14:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You have to be aware of the environment in which you live. He must have known what consequences of his words.
    I suspect he didn't know the consequences.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '12 15:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I suspect he didn't know the consequences.
    There are stories almost every day of people putting their foot in it because of social media. He would have been aware of how alienating his atheism is in his culture, but may have forgotten that his colleagues might have been stalking him - so easy to do nowadays - because of his odd-man-out-ness at the office. Finally he put is philosophy out there in no uncertain terms, and so - hating it and him - they beat him up when he arrived at work the next day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree