Atheist Creed

Atheist Creed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
23 Dec 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
The only thing I would say about atheist that is true of just them is
that have nothing/no one to believe in deity wise, and do not like it
the idea of others having something or someone to believe in. Which
is why they spend so much time trying to hide from it or shun it by
getting it out of the public arena.
Kelly
I disagree. i think they have the same type of dogma as most religions and their own nihilistic ideology.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Dec 07

Originally posted by Red Night
I disagree. i think they have the same type of dogma as most religions and their own nihilistic ideology.
I think they have dogma, but no deity unless you count themselves.
Kelly

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
23 Dec 07

I think they have dogma, but no deity unless you count themselves.
Kelly
What really is the difference between Jehovah and Atheo?

I see it as a distinction without a difference.

Both sides ask me to believe in their god as the only true god, just like so many other religions.

S

Moves
23 Dec 07

I understand that one of the "cool" aspects of your new religion is the rejection of God. But, let's be honest, you are not the first religion to do this...far from it.

I'm sorry that you see me as attacking your "belief" structure. People get very defensive when they feel their religion is under attack.

My goal was to point out that there are fund ...[text shortened]... .

In any event, I embrace your creed like all others.

Peace to you and your new god.
You've yet to actually offer proof of any of you ridiculous notions. As usual with you it's all about what you say being taken as granted and opposition ideas being dealt with under your smug 'It's okay, peace to you and your wrong ideas' crapola, let alone the clear hypocrisy you have in your acceptance of all beliefs and religions. As bbarr says; 'saccharine'. Learn what the definitions, implications and beliefs of the various different ideologies are, then come back and say something meaningful instead of your sloppy, smug dross.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
23 Dec 07

The only thing I would say about atheist that is true of just them is
that have nothing/no one to believe in deity wise, and do not like it
the idea of others having something or someone to believe in. Which
is why they spend so much time trying to hide from it or shun it by
getting what others believe out of the public arena.
Kelly
What utter crap.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
23 Dec 07

Atheism creates an ideology that seeks to explain creation and the meaning of life....but it is not a religion...oh no it's fact. Religion is a lie. They are right and all others are wrong.

Atheists may be more protective of their dogma than any other religion.

We should all be careful lest we get burned at the stake by the Atheinquisition for denying the "absolute truth" of their muddled understanding of science.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Dec 07

Atheism creates an ideology that seeks to explain creation and the meaning of life....but it is not a religion...oh no it's fact. Religion is a lie. They are right and all others are wrong.

We should all be careful lest we get burned at the stake by the Atheinquisition for denying the "absolute truth" of their muddled understanding of science.
What a total load of crap you spout. It really is a talent, I've never met anyone quite as confused as you.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
24 Dec 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
What a total load of crap you spout. It really is a talent, I've never met anyone quite as confused as you.
Just treat it as performance art.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Dec 07

Atheists say there is no God.

They say that Christianity is a religion for worshipping a God that doesn't exist.

Yet Atheism isn't a religion for worshipping a god that doesn't exist.

Surely, even you can see the irony in that.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Dec 07

Atheists say there is no God.

They say that Christianity is a religion for worshipping a God that doesn't exist.

Yet Atheism isn't a religion for worshipping a god that doesn't exist.

Surely, even you can see the irony in that.
You seem to have suddenly flipped position.

Now you seem to accept that atheism is not a religion. You also seem to accept the point that atheists believe God does not exist.

However, we do not worship. We have no churches, no Sunday School, we have no pilgrimages, no confession, or prophets, or mass. We have no scriptures we hold to be unalterable. We prostrate ourselves upon the ground for no graven idol.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Dec 07

You seem to have suddenly flipped position.

Now you seem to accept that atheism is not a religion. You also seem to accept the point that atheists believe God does not exist.

However, we do not worship. We have no churches, no Sunday School, we have no pilgrimages, no confession, or prophets, or mass. We have no scriptures we hold to be unalterable. We prostrate ourselves upon the ground for no graven idol.
I haven't flipped positions.

You have dogma and ideology that seek to explain creation and life.

That you believe your views to be absolute truth does not distinguish you from any other religion.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Dec 07

I haven't flipped positions.

You have dogma and ideology that seek to explain creation and life.

That you believe your views to be absolute truth does not distinguish you from any other religion.
No, I have evidence and theory.

They are malleable and change as new evidence comes in. We do not believe these to be absolute truth.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
24 Dec 07

Atheism creates an ideology that seeks to explain creation and the meaning of life.... snip.
No. It rejects a supernatural explanation, nothing more.

Moves
24 Dec 07
1 edit

Perhaps no-one has said it forcefully enough yet.

RN, I'm sorry, but your comparison does not work. I appreciate the effort you are putting into it, but it's time to try something else. Perhaps just don't push it quite so hard next time, OK?

Any fool can see that Atheism isn't a religion -- in fact I don't think you actually believe it is -- you seem to think it's quite a funny, quaint comparison. The only problem is that you seem to be imagining the similarities.

Edit: To be honest, I don't think there is anything more to be said. Just try to think up a slightly more feasible game to try to annoy non-religious types with.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Dec 07

Originally posted by HumeA
Perhaps no-one has said it forcefully enough yet.

RN, I'm sorry, but your comparison does not work. I appreciate the effort you are putting into it, but it's time to try something else. Perhaps just don't push it quite so hard next time, OK?

Any fool can see that Atheism isn't a religion -- in fact I don't think you actually believe it is -- you seem to ...[text shortened]... t try to think up a slightly more feasible game to try to annoy non-religious types with.
Is Zen Buddhism a religion or a philosophy?