1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 19:41
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Technical, precise, complex - but was it any good?

Here's an example of how being smart and using painstaking detail doesn't save you from making bad arguments:

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology
    Are you effing serious?
    Any good?
    What a clueless, idiotic thing to say.

Atheists have little or no access to actual theology: they're far, far too lazy to seek it out and find out for themselves the science of it.
    They're content in sitting on their asses, logging onto a website known more for its armchair experts than for scholarly examinations.
    Much easier to take potshots at the layperson than it is when faced with actual professionalism, right?

The thread I am referencing here was SO good, not a single one of the atheists at that time (most still here and engaged) dared taking on even one line of what was offered.
    Not one atheist, not one line.

One person jumped in to offer some support for the discussion--- neither in support of the theology offered, nor against it, but rather for open dialogue relative to the points being made--- and was promptly and properly shut down by the atheists.

What are you so afraid of, that you can't even have a few minutes of honest discussion on the topics, but you'll spend hours in ridicule?
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 19:57
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Are you effing serious?
    Any good?

Atheists have little or no access to actual theology: they're far, far too lazy to seek it out and find out for themselves the science of it.
    They're content in sitting on their asses, logging onto a website known more for its armchair experts than for scholarly examinations.
    M ...[text shortened]... even have a few minutes of honest discussion on the topics, but you'll spend hours in ridicule?
    Ok then, fair enough. Lets try a little experiment.

You call me out on a subject of your choosing and I will do my utmost to engage you without any of the tactics in the OP here. If you spot any such tactics then you may highlight them and we can discuss.

We could also request that no others join the thread, although they can discuss maybe in a separate thread or PM us to offer tactics or critiques.

---Penguin
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 20:35
    Originally posted by Penguin
    You call me out on a subject of your choosing and I will do my utmost to engage you without any of the tactics in the OP here. If you spot any such tactics then you may highlight them and we can discuss.
    I suggest you require that he stick to the same rules too. I also should point out that there was a reason why nobody bothered to respond to the thread he mentions. If I recall correctly it went something like this:
    God is Sovereign. I will now prove that he is Sovereign by quoting the Bible.
    God is ....... . I will now prove that he is ....... by quoting the Bible.
    Etc
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 21:03
    Are you effing serious?
    Any good?

M ...[text shortened]... even have a few minutes of honest discussion on the topics, but you'll spend hours in ridicule?
    It was an honest question. It wasn't a statement. Was it any good?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 01:001 edit
    Ok then, fair enough. Lets try a little experiment.

We could also request that no others join the thread, although they can discuss maybe in a separate thread or PM us to offer tactics or critiques.

---Penguin
    Thread 38989
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 01:36
    Thread 38989
    That is a quite extensive set of definitions - but, unless I missed it, there was no actual argument made. If I have that right, the only proper response to your pasting is, "So, what's your point?".
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 06:54
    The thread I am referencing here was SO good, not a single one of the atheists at that time (most still here and engaged) dared taking on even one line of what was offered.
    Not one atheist, not one line.
    I think you will see that I did post in that thread. But you didn't like what I had to say. As with your claim that no atheist has explained why he is here, the problem is your own willful blindness and not the lack of responses.
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 09:58
    Thread 38989
    As others have pointed out, that thread was simply a list of definitions, with no indication of how they were intended to be discussed.What I am suggesting is a discussion on a particular topic, with specific agreed rules of engagement, between you and I.

--- Penguin
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 11:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 11:309 edits
    Are you effing serious?
    Any good?

That thread strikes me as one where the content was a personal project. I imagine it took you a considerable length of time to craft it, and furthermore, I'll wager that any theists who previewed it before us would have celebrated it for the depth of content.
    You were probably hesitant about posting it, was your spelling correct? did you get all your Bible citations correct? was there anything important that you neglected to mention? Had you paid enough attention to your counter-rebuttals?
    This was your masterpiece, we were going to enjoy it, we were going to be fascinated by it, it was so f''king awesome we atheists were going to converted in droves, it was just so damned good that the thread would never get old - we were meant to be still posting our responses to it today. This one thread would elevate your status to near god-hood yourself in this forum... and you wanted it to be perfect before putting it on the centre-stage.

Then you go and post it and it gets shot to $h!t!! ... by atheists!!! That must have hurt! Your many days (weeks?) of hard work dismissed, en-masse, by a bunch of "God-haters" whose responses were little more than a couple of paragraphs long. How dare we! How dare we not offer you the same amount of time in our critiques as you spent thinking about it and writing it. How dare we not acknowledge your brilliance!! How dare we belly-laugh!??? 😕

No wonder you dislike us atheists so much!

Well the thing is, for all it hurts Freaky you should have taken that as an opportunity to learn - but you haven't since 8 years later you still argue in precisely the same way. What you posted, which was pretty much a list of summaries of various statements that are written in the Bible, and/or definitions sourced from the same, rested upon the dubious assumption that your god exists, and that the Bible is an accurate account of this entity. If this isn't true (and I am certain it isn't) then it is no more meaningful than a treatise on elves, or a treatise on how 76 is the bestest damned number in the whole wide world because your grandma one said so. Almost all the rejections referred to this point, and unless I am mistaken you ignored every single one of them.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 00:38
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That is a quite extensive set of definitions - but, unless I missed it, there was no actual argument made. If I have that right, the only proper response to your pasting is, "So, what's your point?".
    To which I would reply: what is your response?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 00:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think you will see that I did post in that thread. But you didn't like what I had to say. As with your claim that no atheist has explained why he is here, the problem is your own willful blindness and not the lack of responses.
    Your quasi-metaphysical response was irrelevant and derivative.
    It added nothing to the conversation, but rather, was intended to distract from the topic.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 00:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    That thread strikes me as one where the content was a personal project. I imagine it took you a considerable length of time to craft it, and furthermore, I'll wager that any theists who previewed it before us would have celebrated it for the depth of content.
    You were probably hesitant about posting it, was your spelling correct? did you get all your Bible c ...[text shortened]... ejections referred to this point, and unless I am mistaken you ignored every single one of them.
    Aren't you the clever one?
    Your attempt to paint a picture of me as the earnest suitor with visions of grandeur are just so precious.
    What an inventive motif you've concocted!

All for naught, little one.
    All for naught.

The thread was specifically intended to offer a precise and detailed theological explanation of the attributes of God, as delineated in the revelation of Scripture.
    Most atheists have either never actually heard/seen such an exhaustive description, or have averted their gaze in other directions.
    This was an opportunity to put real, bona fide theology in the forefront, on center stage for examination.

The atheists (yourself included) are simply afraid of facing the truth.

Can't say I blame you.
    It cuts me, too.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 00:52
    As others have pointed out, that thread was simply a list of definitions, with no indication of how they were intended to be discussed.What I am suggesting is a discussion on a particular topic, with specific agreed rules of engagement, between you and I.

--- Penguin
    A position isn't necessarily required, in my opinion.
    This is offered as theology, as a statement.
    Contemplate, consider, converse.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 02:14
    To which I would reply: what is your response?
    You already have it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree