2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 03:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What's a WT?
    The Watchtower is an illustrated religious
    magazine, published semi-monthly in 194 languages by Jehovah's Witnesses.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 03:12
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    As an NFL fan I listen to a lot of talk radio, watch espn, watch games every weekend including Broncos games, and so on. I'm not seeing the hate.

[b] It may depend on where you live as to what you've heard critical of Tebow.

he is a very unorthodox style Quarterback for the NFL. Many have predicted that he would not succeed in the league ...[text shortened]... like how you jab a sword into the body of Christ, then claim we act the victim.

[/b][/b]
    "The local news stations and papers have had much negative press coming from his opponents regarding his faith. And I live a few hundred miles away from Denver."

Really? Can you give some examples? What opponent of the Broncos made a negative comment about Tebow's faith and what did they say exactly?

"I like how you jab a sword into the body of Christ, then claim we act the victim."

Please point out where in my post where I "jabbed a sword into the body of Christ". Either that or stop being a drama queen.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 03:54
    Originally posted by Ullr
    "The local news stations and papers have had much negative press coming from his opponents regarding his faith. And I live a few hundred miles away from Denver."

Really? Can you give some examples? What opponent of the Broncos made a negative comment about Tebow's faith and what did they say exactly?

"I like how you jab a sword into the body of Christ, ...[text shortened]... ere I "jabbed a sword into the body of Christ". Either that or stop being a drama queen.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/jake-plummer-bashes-tebow-for-outspoken-faith-62744/

Sorry but this is much ado about nothing. Why do Christians so often have to portray themselves as victims? Is this just part of the psychology of being a Christian?

And you can take the drama queen comment and shove it pal.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 03:59
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/jake-plummer-bashes-tebow-for-outspoken-faith-62744/

[b]Sorry but this is much ado about nothing. Why do Christians so often have to portray themselves as victims? Is this just part of the psychology of being a Christian?

And you can take the drama queen comment and shove it pal.[/b]
    "And you can take the drama queen comment and shove it pal."

Oh sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with such a tough guy.

Anyhow, how exactly is that sentence "jabbing the sword into the body of Christ."?
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 04:591 edit
    When a someone merely points out that a person is attacking them or attacking another person, that doesn't necessarily mean they are playing the role of victim.
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 12:42
    Originally posted by sumydid
    When a someone merely points out that a person is attacking them or attacking another person, that doesn't necessarily mean they are playing the role of victim.
    But when it's not true then its either that or paranoia. I asked ChessPraxis to show me evidence of HATRED towards Tebow by another player and he posts an article about Jake Plummer's comments where he says for example:

“I don’t hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff ...”

So like I said in my original response to this thread. It isn't hatred that is directed at him but annoyance. Plummer even said in the inteview that he respects and likes Tebow. People just get annoyed with the constant religious reminders everytime Tebow steps to the podium.

Then you have ChessPraxis's over the top response to my rather benign commentary and posed question in my original post with a comment about how I "stuck the sword into the body of Christ" and you have all the whining this time of year about how people don't say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holiday's" as much as they used to and this only serves to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Namely that, to me anyhow, Christianity seems to suffer from a bit of thin skin.

And you'll just have to excuse me, as a practicing member of a truly fringe/minority religion, if I don't feel bad for Christians over these benign comments/jabs/issues. What if one of us were a QB in the NFL and every Sunday took the podium and publicly thanked Odin for victory on the field of battle that day. The response and ridicule that would ensue would make these little complaints about Tebow seem like a complete joke. Or let's use another example: let's say I go around complaining that people won't say Happy Yule to me but instead insist on saying Merry Christmas or :gasp: Happy Holidays! People would think I am a bona fide nutjob and would tell me to shut my trap. You Christians have the luxury of being able to publicly proclaim your religion loudly and often and the worst thing that happens is people get a tad bit annoyed.

Let me tell you another little heart-warming story. The heathen group I am a member of (this would be the equivalent to a church group in Christianity) holds an event down in Pennsylvania once a year. About 150 heathens from the mid-atlantic and New England attend. It's a good time and the worst thing we do is quietly drink a little too much homemade beer and mead. When the townspeople found out that the local campground was letting :gasp: heathens host an event at a local campground they attempted to get the event shut down and even threatened the owner of the campground with fines and lawsuits. Luckily for us he had the gumption to tell his fellow townsfolk that we were good and upstanding people and they could go get bent. Would that ever happen if a group of JW's or Mormon's or any other Christian group (other than maybe the Westboro Baptist Church) tried to attend. No of course not.

Here's another one to ponder. Suppose an Atheist tried to run for President. Firstly they wouldn't have a shot but not only that they would have to endure far more criticism and hatred than any Christian would ever be subject to.

Okay so to end my long rant. You Christians have it easy. This is why I responded to the OP the way I did in my first post.

I'm still waiting for ChessPraxis to post examples of OPPOSING players HATRED of Tim Tebow because of his Christianity. Jake Plummer wasn't expressing hatred and he's not even an opposing player at any rate.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 13:32
    But when it's not true then its either that or paranoia. I asked ChessPraxis to show me evidence of HATRED towards Tebow by another player and he posts an article about Jake Plummer's comments where he says for example:

“I don’t hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff ...[text shortened]... 't expressing hatred and he's not even an opposing player at any rate.
    soccer players do it all the time, coming on to the pitch they cross themselves, after
    scoring a goal, they point to the heavens as a kind of celebration to acknowledge God
    in their success, no one thinks anything of it, Kaka is a prime example.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 14:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    soccer players do it all the time, coming on to the pitch they cross themselves, after
    scoring a goal, they point to the heavens as a kind of celebration to acknowledge God
    in their success, no one thinks anything of it, Kaka is a prime example.
    Robbie, athletes of all types do it all the time. There are numerous baseball players that point to the heavens everytime they cross the plate after a homerun. American football players when they score a touchdown or sack the QB. There are endless examples. It is generally accepted practice and nobody really cares one way or the other.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 16:031 edit
    Robbie, athletes of all types do it all the time. There are numerous baseball players that point to the heavens everytime they cross the plate after a homerun. American football players when they score a touchdown or sack the QB. There are endless examples. It is generally accepted practice and nobody really cares one way or the other.
    ok, i understand Ullr, so why is Tebow then being accused ot singled out? Is he a little
    over the top with it? perhaps being sanctimonious or self righteous?
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 16:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok, i understand Ullr, so why is Tebow then being accused ot singled out? Is he a little
    over the top with it? perhaps being sanctimonious or self righteous?
    Yes I think he is a little more over the top with it. He doesn't come across as sanctimonious or self righteous to me. He's just a lot more outspoken about his religion than the typical religous athlete. It seems to be part of every press conference and interview that he has and the reality is that because of his surprising success early in his NFL career he is getting a lot of attention.

He seems like a really good dude from what I can tell. He doesn't annoy me personally but I guess I can see how others would get annoyed by it. But again this is annoyance not hatred. Most people when they speak about Tebow express some level of admiration for the kid.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 16:161 edit

“I don’t hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff 't expressing hatred and he's not even an opposing player at any rate.
    You never said exampleS. You said what opposing PLAYER made A comment. I obliged. Evidently you are too thick and dense to read for yourself.

As for the sword into the Body. Again I refer you to your thick skull not letting any info in.

You've had your 15 mins of fame, now go back under your bridge troll.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 16:26
    You never said exampleS. You said what opposing PLAYER made A comment. I obliged. Evidently you are too thick and dense to read for yourself.
    You had your 15 mins of fame, now go back under your bridge troll.
    "You never said exampleS. You said what opposing PLAYER made A comment. I obliged. Evidently you are too thick and dense to read for yourself."

I think maybe it's you that is lacking in reading comprehension. I asked you the following:

"What opponent of the Broncos made a negative comment about Tebow's faith and what did they say exactly? "

Instead you give me Jake Plummer who is a retired former Bronco player not an opposing player and the comments he made about Tebow hardly support the article in the OP that there is hatred directed at Tebow.

"You had your 15 mins of fame, now go back under your bridge troll"

Oh piss off. I'm the furthest thing from a troll around here. For starters I post very rarely and when I do I give my honest opinion and try to be thoughtful about it. I read others post on here far more than I write them. Now you come along and try flex your pathetic little internet muscles with me with comments about "sticking the sword into the body of christ" or comments like the one above. Typical internet tough guy.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 16:401 edit
    Yes I think he is a little more over the top with it. He doesn't come across as sanctimonious or self righteous to me. He's just a lot more outspoken about his religion than the typical religous athlete. It seems to be part of every press conference and interview that he has and the reality is that because of his surprising success early in his NFL career he atred. Most people when they speak about Tebow express some level of admiration for the kid.
    ok i see, i bet if he was a pagan and expressed his view that Odin had melted away the
    opposing defence he might end up lynched! BTW i wanted to ask you, how do you
    perceive the character Loki? Is he an archetype for something?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 16:42

As for the sword into the Body. Again I refer you to your thick skull not letting any info in.

You've had your 15 mins of fame, now go back under your bridge troll.
    dude are you having a bad hair day? that was pretty bang out of order, Ullr only asked
    for evidence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree