Athlete criticized because of his faith...

Athlete criticized because of his faith...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what are you slavering about now? goodness sake old man, for your sixty seven
years on the planet you sure talk some nonsense and not even deliberately at that, Ullr
was asking for confirmation of hatred, that is all, he did not need a lecture on how he
was stabbing the Christ with a sword again, all he wanted was some evidence, he
doesn't have to produce anything to the contrary.
That just proves you need to get your head out. 😏

s

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

I should admit that I don't know much about football but a friend posted the below link about Tim's stats, check it out....
Looks like he is playing a good game

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33713012

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by Ullr
As an NFL fan I listen to a lot of talk radio, watch espn, watch games every weekend including Broncos games, and so on. I'm not seeing the hate. What I see is a lot of criticism being directed at Tebow not because he is a outspoken Christian but because he is a very unorthodox style Quarterback for the NFL. Many have predicted that he would not succeed in t ...[text shortened]... to portray themselves as victims? Is this just part of the psychology of being a Christian?
http://tebowhaters.com/

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Dec 11

Oh and I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how my original post as a "sticking the sword into the body of Christ". I think your explanation of that would be interesting.
You already admitted that your OP was "probably out of order and a bit offensive".

CP obviously meant your OP was lumping all Christians together and attacking them. It was clear to me what he meant. Why drag the issue out like this? It's STILL "out of order and a bit offensive". Only more so since you've called so much attention to it. I could have blown it off with a turning of the cheek, but you've made it much more of a big deal than it was originally, just because he called you out on it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
man thats nuthin, feel easy!
How do you sleep at night after attacking Christians and being an apologist for atheists?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Dec 11

As an NFL fan I listen to a lot of talk radio, watch espn, watch games every weekend including Broncos games, and so on. I'm not seeing the hate. What I see is a lot of criticism being directed at Tebow not because he is a outspoken Christian but because he is a very unorthodox style Quarterback for the NFL. Many have predicted that he would not succeed in t ...[text shortened]... to portray themselves as victims? Is this just part of the psychology of being a Christian?
I am of the opinion that these paid professional NFL commentators are more
likely to know more about the issue than an amateur, like yourself, who only
watches and listens as a fan.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
You already admitted that your OP was "probably out of order and a bit offensive".

CP obviously meant your OP was lumping all Christians together and attacking them. It was clear to me what he meant. Why drag the issue out like this? It's STILL "out of order and a bit offensive". Only more so since you've called so much attention to it. I could have ...[text shortened]... it much more of a big deal than it was originally, just because he called you out on it.
Since he seems to know it was over the line, I saw no need to rub his nose in it and spank him with a rolled up newspaper. Even though he seemed to want it.
I do know Jesus forgave him, as he admitted it was wrong and apologized, so why should I hold a grudge? 🙂 As far as I'm concerned he never said it. 😉

Moves
09 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Since he seems to know it was over the line, I saw no need to rub his nose in it and spank him with a rolled up newspaper. Even though he seemed to want it.
I do know Jesus forgave him, as he admitted it was wrong and apologized, so why should I hold a grudge? 🙂 As far as I'm concerned he never said it. 😉
Yes that's true I do admit is was over the line and you're correct there's no need nor anything to be gained by rubbing my nose in it. A simply "apology accepted" is usually the polite thing to do.

However, over the line or not, I still don't understand how my OP comments were "sticking the sword into the body of Christ" or whatever it is that you said. An explanation of that would be interesting.

Regarding "rolling up a newspaper and spanking me with it" ... still the internet tough guy I see.

Oh and the forgiveness I'm receiving from you Christians in this thread is just overwhelming. I almost have a tear in my eye because of your kindness.

Moves
09 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am of the opinion that these paid professional NFL commentators are more
likely to know more about the issue than an amateur, like yourself, who only
watches and listens as a fan.
Yes but you see the OP was asking us here on this forum for our opinion. I'm sorry that Chris Collinsworth isn't available at the moment to reply to this thread. I guess we'll just have to make do.

Moves
09 Dec 11
3 edits

How do you sleep at night after attacking Christians and being an apologist for atheists?
Suzianne, I'm not an atheist. Robbie is an apologist for heathens maybe?

Actually I think that with Robbie if you treat him fairly he treats you fairly. At least that's been my experience.

And I love how you Christians are more than happy to take the piss out of the JW's when they don't agree with your doctrine but scold them when they don't jump on your bandwagon in another debate elsewhere.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Dec 11

Suzianne, I'm not an atheist.
Darn, there you go and ruin her cosy stereotypes!! Haven't you caused enough trouble already?!

Moves
09 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Darn, there you go and ruin her cosy stereotypes!! Haven't you caused enough trouble already?!
What can I say. Just another day of sticking the sword in the body of Christ.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Dec 11

Yes but you see the OP was asking us here on this forum for our opinion. I'm sorry that Chris Collinsworth isn't available at the moment to reply to this thread. I guess we'll just have to make do.
I misunderstood then. I thought you were trying to claim to be some kind
of an authority on the subject. I'll accept your opinion as just another
dumb statement by someone who doesn't know. 😏

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Dec 11

What can I say. Just another day of sticking the sword in the body of Christ.
What an ignorant GIT.

rc

Moves
09 Dec 11
1 edit

because they are human beings for Gods sake!