Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Attrocities of 'Christianity', history of the Churches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am interested in ascertaining how the feather developed stealth capabilities, you
stating that it is obvious is not an answer, in fact, its a nonsense. Why can you not
honestly state that you have no idea, that you have no evidence and that what you
have stated is utter conjecture. What part of, 'where is the evidence?', do you not
understand?
If you are genuinely interested in 'how the feather developed stealth capabilities', maybe it would be wise to pose the question to a different website. After all, there are no evolutionary biologists here.

Feel free though to explain to us how God designed the stealth capable feather whilst you seek the answer to your question. I'm all ears.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
It is no insult to say that you dont believe in what Christ said.

Christ said to follow Him and that His words will lead to salvation. But you say following Christ is not sufficient for salvation.

Im just repeating what you said of yourself.
Yes it is an insult to say that to me. Following Christ entering into a fellowship
with Him, and yes following his words is part of that, but people as I said
can claim to follow Jesus' words but not care one wit about Jesus or God. If
you don't grasp that, there is no point you and I moving on with this discussion.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Good, i'll let you get back to discussing your children's fairytale.
Didn't you learn anything from the responses on evolution, where people drew
their lines?
Kelly

rc

Moves
12 May 11
4 edits

If you are genuinely interested in 'how the feather developed stealth capabilities', maybe it would be wise to pose the question to a different website. After all, there are no evolutionary biologists here.

Feel free though to explain to us how God designed the stealth capable feather whilst you seek the answer to your question. I'm all ears.
this is rather interesting, the protagonists of the theory, that would be Hamilton the ultra
materialist and you dear Noobster do not know where the feather originated from so
as to give a simple and clear explanation. Does it not seem to you that you have
accepted something for which you have no clear explanation, in other words, as yet
your stance resembles an unsubstantiated belief? well well, who would have thought
it. As for God himself, he provides no details as to how he designed the feather, it is not
important for us to know, that there is intelligence behind its construction cannot be
denied, its a marvel of engineering for sure and this is enough to enhance our
appreciation of the creator.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 11

this is rather interesting, the protagonists of the theory, that would be Hamilton the ultra
materialist and you dear Noobster do not know where the feather originated from so
as to give a simple and clear explanation. Does it not seem to you that you have
accepted something for which you have no clear explanation, in other words, as yet
your ...[text shortened]... marvel of engineering for sure and this is enough to enhance our
appreciation of the creator.
Not a lot is known about the evolution of feathers, simply because they don't fossilize well. We know feathers came before flight, as non avian feathered dinosaurs have been discovered. What's curious is that some of these have feathers all over their body, ie Microraptor gui. Were they for insulation? Wwas sexual selection envolved? Who knows.

As for unsubstantiated beliefs, you have no evidence for a creator and no evidence how he designed feathers. In short, you have zip, zilch, nothing as per usual.

rc

Moves
12 May 11
1 edit

Not a lot is known about the evolution of feathers, simply because they don't fossilize well. We know feathers came before flight, as non avian feathered dinosaurs have been discovered. What's curious is that some of these have feathers all over their body, ie Microraptor gui. Were they for insulation? Wwas sexual selection envolved? Who knows.
...[text shortened]... and no evidence how he designed feathers. In short, you have zip, zilch, nothing as per usual.
why would a reptile have feathers? i thought they were cold bloodied and relied upon
the environment for warmth? whereas birds are certainly warm bloodied creatures.
Sooo many things the poor evolutionist must contend with, get out the candles, offer
up the incense, recite incantations and declare your science a religion! its the only
way to free yourselves from pure conjecture and dogma.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 11

why would a reptile have feathers? i thought they were cold bloodied and relied upon
the environment for warmth? whereas birds are certainly warm bloodied creatures.
Sooo many things the poor evolutionist must content with, get out the candles, offer
up the incense, recite incantations and declare your science a religion! its the only
way to free yourselves from pure conjecture and dogma.
Rob, go and read a book, do a Google search on the internet, go see the professor at your local University. I'm not here to spoon feed you information which your too lazy to find for yourself.

Stop prancing round the forum pretending to be interested in a subject that you clearly aren't. Your a grown man, all this information is out there for you to ascertain if you really want to. You know how to buy a book don't you!? You know how to search for journals and information on the internet?! I even have a book here for you that you have refused to have sent to you. A grown man scared of information, rather sad really.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 May 11

i have already explained it to you, from the Bible, Christ's very own words i believe
which did not appear to me to be either vague nor ambiguous, that you do not accept
them of course is your business. You asked how does one get everlasting life, i told
you, with reference.
You did not.

rc

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by josephw
You did not.
i did too.

rc

Moves
12 May 11

Rob, go and read a book, do a Google search on the internet, go see the professor at your local University. I'm not here to spoon feed you information which your too lazy to find for yourself.

Stop prancing round the forum pretending to be interested in a subject that you clearly aren't. Your a grown man, all this information is out there for you to ...[text shortened]... t you have refused to have sent to you. A grown man scared of information, rather sad really.
nah, ill just offer up incense if you dont mind, it seems to work equally as well.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 May 11

i did too.
robbie. There is no eternal life without salvation, and there is no salvation without the blood of Christ.

You made no mention of it. Eternal life is a gift we receive when we trust in what Jesus did on the cross on our behalf.

Plain and simple. It is the heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

rc

Moves
12 May 11
3 edits

Originally posted by josephw
robbie. There is no eternal life without salvation, and there is no salvation without the blood of Christ.

You made no mention of it. Eternal life is a gift we receive when we trust in what Jesus did on the cross on our behalf.

Plain and simple. It is the heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
you asked how one gets eternal life, i showed you the verse. What is more, clearly
faith is not enough, did not James state that if one says they have faith, but they do
not have works then that faith cannot save them? is it not written that a Christian
must become a doer of the word, not merely a passive hearer? To state that you have
faith in the blood of Christ and then ignore the plethora of other verses is a nonsense,
when will you people realise that effort is needed? taking in knowledge requires effort,
doing the work of an evangeliser requires effort. Faith is not nor ever was a
guarantee of salvation and its a grave mistake to think that it is.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 11

nah, ill just offer up incense if you dont mind, it seems to work equally as well.
Again you've clearly demonstrated beyond doubt to the forum you have no intention of learning.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 May 11

you asked how one gets eternal life, i showed you the verse. What is more, clearly
faith is not enough, did not James state that if one says they have faith, but they do
not have works then that faith cannot save them? is it not written that a Christian
must become a doer of the word, not merely a passive hearer? To state that you have
fai ...[text shortened]... aith is not nor ever was a
guarantee of salvation and its a grave mistake to think that it is.
"...did not James state that if one says they have faith, but they do
not have works then that faith cannot save them?"

True. Faith without works is dead.

This is my dilemma in explaining my position concerning salvation. We have salvation by grace through faith and not of works on the one hand, and on the other the idea that faith without works is dead.

So which is it? Do we get saved based on some work of faith, or is it our faith in the work that Jesus performed on the cross that saves us?

I think a distinction needs to be made between how salvation is acquired and how one subsequently lives out there new life in Christ after the event that saves.

There is a huge contradiction between the idea of salvation by grace through faith and not of works, and salvation by some kind of work.

Salvation requires no work on our part. Only faith in Christ.

rc

Moves
12 May 11

Again you've clearly demonstrated beyond doubt to the forum you have no intention of learning.
wut? i asked loads of questions and was told to go and see a proff, or do some
research, so be it, i will research the intelligence behind the superlative design of the
feather, it will at least enhance my view of the creator.