1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 06:52
    How come so many ppl avoid Jesus, the Son of God?

How come so many ppl dont believe in Jesus, but believe in angels?

Why do ppl not know Jesus, but knows the Bible better than some pastors? If u dont believe in something, how come u know soooo much about it?

When u ask someone, "Do u believe in God?" they will tell u, "I dont understand your question".

Argh! 😠 Ppl that dont believe in Jesus, just never ever ever will ever wake up and live Gods world.
  2. Calgary
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 07:02
    Originally posted by Nicolaas

Why do ppl not know Jesus, but knows the Bible better than some pastors? If u dont believe in something, how come u know soooo much about it?

When u ask someone, "Do u believe in God?" they will tell u, "I dont understand your que ...[text shortened]... ! 😠 Ppl that dont believe in Jesus, just never ever ever will ever wake up and live Gods world.
    I am re-reading the chronicals of Narnia, which I haven't read since I was a child. I had heard that C.S Lewis used a lot of biblical metaphors( or is it alogories? I can never remember). The collection I'm reading has "The Magicians Nephew" first cause its technically the first book in the series. I highly recommend you try reading it(or again if you have already done do)
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 08:26
    Speaking from my own personal experience, I have studied many religions including yours.
    Your religion fails to satisfy even simple logic:
    Why does your god create people who he knows will not accept him thus condemning them to burn eternally.
    Reading your religious texts objectively reveals a pattern of contradiction
    which indicates either god is of many different minds or your religion is manmade, changing to fit and/or create different societal or cultural environments.

In Love there is Life
    Angela
  4. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 08:37
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Speaking from my own personal experience, I have studied many religions including yours.
    Why does your god create people who he knows will not accept him thus condemning them to burn eternally.
    which indicates either god is of ma ...[text shortened]... fit and/or create different societal or cultural environments.

In Love there is Life
    Angela
    Well said Angela.

Religion is a very personal thing that should be something a person discovers for themselves, not something that gets forced down their throat as "the only way to live".

Plenty of people have come and gone without ever having heard of Jesus Christ and somehow my instinct tells me that they went to the very same place that we will all go to after the show ends.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 09:07

Because he has no place in their beliefs

Angels appear in many cultures and religions, some even believe they are not of god, but an altogether different source.

Because if you know more about your potential choices, you are more equipped to make the right one. I would have thought this was obvious. Any intelligent person, be they theist or atheist has a duty to educate himself on both subjects. If he does not, he is surrendering his mind. As Socrates said 'The unexamined life is not worth living for man'.

When u ask someone, "Do u believe in God?" they will tell u, "I dont understand your question".

Why is that so frustrating? There are hundreds of religions, many of which have subdivisions which alter the parameters of the doctrine. Many are utterly confusing and all are pretty much illogical. And you say you're surprised at people's misunderstanding of the question?

Argh! 😠 Ppl that dont believe in Jesus, just never ever ever will ever wake up and live Gods world.

Thank you for your concern, but trust me when I say, most of us just don't care.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 09:13
    Originally posted by caissad4
    which indicates either god is of ma ...[text shortened]... fit and/or create different societal or cultural environments.

In Love there is Life
    Angela
    Well, God created ppl and gave them their own will.

If you want, you can believe in Him, and if you dont want to, that is your will, your decision. He doesnt want anyone to burn in hell, but the choice is yours. IN ALL CHOICES YOU MAKE, YOU CHOOSE YOUR OWN DESTINY, ALWAYS!

I am not affriad to say that i am glad that their is someone above me, better than me, bigger and greater than me, a True God. Someone that looks over me.

Well, if you say my religion fails to satisfy simple logic, why do we have laws? Why is there stuff called rules and regulations in agreements?

The truth is, if you dont bind yourself to these rules, and for ex murder someone, do u really think you will get away with it? No! You will go to jail, end of story.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 09:361 edit
    Well, God created ppl and gave them their own will.

This is a complete lie, the threat of violence nullifies any idea of free will.

If you want, you can believe in Him, and if you dont want to, that is your will, your decision. He doesnt want anyone to burn in hell, but the choice is yours. IN ALL CHOICES YOU MAKE, YOU CHOOSE YOUR OWN DESTINY, ALWAYS!

You contradict yourself completely. First you say it is your decision, then you say, but if you don't choose god you burn in hell. It's not making my own destiny if my own destiny is to burn for not choosing the right destiny.

I am not affriad to say that i am glad that their is someone above me, better than me, bigger and greater than me, a True God. Someone that looks over me.

And why would you be? It must be comforting to have this downy amnion of security to fall back on. I on the other hand, am not afraid to say that I am glad there is no safety blanket, that I am responsible for my choices, actions and ultimately whether I am a good person. I do not need a scapegoat for my actions.

Well, if you say my religion fails to satisfy simple logic, why do we have laws? Why is there stuff called rules and regulations in agreements?

What? How do the statements 'religion fails to satisfy simple logic' and 'why is there stuff called rules and regulations' have any connection at all? Rules and regulations, quite apart from being seperate to the whole logic arguement, are not constructs of religion, but of society.

The truth is, if you dont bind yourself to these rules, and for ex murder someone, do u really think you will get away with it? No! You will go to jail, end of story.

You are seriously tangental. Try keeping to the subject at hand, this last sentence of yours is completely dislocated.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 10:13
    Originally posted by Starrman
    [b]Well, God created ppl and gave them their own will.

This is a complete lie, the threat of violence nullifies any idea of free will.

If you want, you can believe in Him, and if you dont want to, that is your will, your decision. He doesnt want anyone to burn in hell, but the choice is yours. IN ALL CHOIC ...[text shortened]... ntal. Try keeping to the subject at hand, this last sentence of yours is completely dislocated.
    I was not changing the subject. I was just using examples.

The basics are the same. Its the same with everything.

FOR EXAMPLE: If you dont learn in school, you will fail. Your will was not to learn, correct? What was the end result? You failed and will forever fail cause its your will not to learn.

This example is the same that if you choose to learn about God and believe in Him, you pass, if you dont, you fail. THE BASICS ARE THE SAME!
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 10:381 edit
    I was not changing the subject. I was just using examples.

The basics are the same. Its the same with everything.

FOR EXAMPLE: If you dont learn in school, you will fail. Your will was not to learn, correct? What was the end result? You failed and will forever fail cause its your will not to learn.

This example is the same that if you choose to learn about God and believe in Him, you pass, if you dont, you fail. THE BASICS ARE THE SAME!
    And what does that have to do with this initial statement about the illogicality of your religion? As with many Christians in this forum, you are talking in tangents and metaphors in an attempt to justify the untenable nature of your position. You have yet to answer any of the points raised in relation to free will, destiny or the illogical nature of Christianity.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 11:28
    Originally posted by Starrman
    And what does that have to do with this initial statement about the illogicality of your religion? As with many Christians in this forum, you are talking in tangents and metaphors in an attempt to justify the untenable nature of your position. You have yet to answer any of the points raised in relation to free will, destiny or the illogical nature of Christianity.
    Will it help answering them, since you've already made up your mind?

Everything in life has rules. We have to accept that God exists, and I really dont care what you or anyone in the world say.
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 11:32
    Will it help answering them, since you've already made up your mind?

Everything in life has rules. We have to accept that God exists, and I really dont care what you or anyone in the world say.
    And yet you obviously do care, or you wouldn't express such extreme frustration. We don't have to accept god exists, if we had to it would be unavoidable. I wonder which one of us has really made his mind up more fully.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 17:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 17:27
    Originally posted by bbarr
    What a crybaby! "Why doesn't everybody believe like I do, boo f*cking hoo". You know why? 'Cause we're not insane, that's why. Deal with it, and peddle your used-car religion elsewhere. We come here to debate, not to get preached to by mongoloids.
    Holy smokes! Did you think you were in the Private Clan Forum?
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 17:27
    What a crybaby! "Why doesn't everybody believe like I do, boo f*cking hoo". You know why? 'Cause we're not insane, that's why. Deal with it, and peddle your used-car religion elsewhere. We come here to debate, not to get preached to by mongoloids.
    And others come here to vent their insults on religion and vice versa.
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 17:283 edits
    The professional philosopher strikes again ...... 😀 ..... the insults accompanied by the f-word are flying around

.... it shows the intolerant bigot you really are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree