"Avon" religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
11 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
You just need to learn your place.

Women's Subserviant Role in Jehovah Witness Watchtower Organization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTkR4sTXJmQ

The Instructor
actually our sisters do the majority of preaching and teaching, way more than plastic Christians like you have ever done.

e

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually our sisters do the majority of preaching and teaching, way more than plastic Christians like you have ever done.
I did telesales for a while and we did have Brethren people working there, they liked it for a bit. No JWs though, are they connected?

rc

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by e4chris
I did telesales for a while and we did have Brethren people working there, they liked it for a bit. No JWs though, are they connected?
are you talking of the Plymouth brethren? no connection i think.

e

Moves
12 Jun 13

are you talking of the Plymouth brethren? no connection i think.
they wore blue headscarf's

Moves
12 Jun 13
5 edits

why dont you tell us something about scripture, why dont you provide a basis for your convictions? hmmm, shall we point the finger at you, ask you why you have missed the entire point of the gospel to preach and teach the good news of God kingdom, why don't you or any of these other Christians do it? Yes lets start i dilemma thread about you.
Please feel free. I am more than happy to discuss any part of the gospel you chose robbie, I will answer any question about my beliefs you put to me.

I am and remain a critic of your organisation and indeed all corporate organised religion. The JW organisation however I find to be particularly pernicious in its methodology, duplicitous and dishonest in its handling of prophesy, errorneous on a host of doctrinal issues especially the identity and deity of Jesus and authority and power over the laity, wicked in its denial of children birthdays and Christmas, retarded in its approach to education and downright dangerous in its doctrine on blood transfusion among other strange beliefs. Not to mention the emotional and phschological harm done to individuals who try to leave the organisation.

I find your appeal to grampy bobby and others in this thread more a matter for their personal forum motivations rather than a sincere endorsement of the religious organisation you are unfortunately trapped within.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Please feel free. I am more than happy to discuss any part of the gospel you chose robbie, I will answer any question about my beliefs you put to me.

I am and remain a critic of your organisation and indeed all corporate organised religion. The JW organisation however I find to be particularly pernicious in its methodology, duplicitous and dishonest i ...[text shortened]... r than a sincere endorsement of the religious organisation you are unfortunately trapped within.
He has no desire to discuss your beliefs. He only wants to indoctrinate you in his beliefs from the devil.

The instructor

rc

Moves
12 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
He has no desire to discuss your beliefs. He only wants to indoctrinate you in his beliefs from the devil.

The instructor
plastic

rc

Moves
12 Jun 13
8 edits

I am and remain a critic of your organisation and indeed all corporate organised religion. The JW organisation however I find to be particularly pernicious in its methodology, duplicitous and dishonest i ...[text shortened]... r than a sincere endorsement of the religious organisation you are unfortunately trapped within.
lets ask you about your preaching and teaching activity and your public ministry, how do you conduct it in view of Christ's command to all Christians to go and make disciples of people of all the nations? Your opinions about Jehovah witnesses or other religions are meaningless to me, your assertions of dishonesty hypocritical. You were caught blatantly posting partial quotations from watchtower articles gleaned from hate sites that you had not even read yourself, you are probably therefore one of the most dishonest and disreputable contributors to the forums. A person with practically no friends because of your negativity. Why you have not learned to unfold your love is your affair.

So lets ask you again, how do you conduct your teaching and preaching in obedience to Christs command, to make disciples of people of all the nations?

(Matthew 12:30) He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.

rc

Moves
12 Jun 13

Originally posted by e4chris
they wore blue headscarf's
I dunno, seems quite unusual.

Moves
12 Jun 13
1 edit

[b]lets ask you about your preaching and teaching activity and your public ministry, how do you conduct it in view of Christ's command to all Christians to go and make disciples of people of all the nations?
Are you saying all Christians on the planet should be gong door to door?

I will discuss my beliefs with you not my personal life, you just want to judge, to fling more abuse at me to continue to mock me (your words) which I have not done to you.

rc

Moves
12 Jun 13
1 edit

Are you saying all Christians on the planet should be gong door to door?

I will discuss my beliefs with you not my personal life, you just want to judge, to fling more abuse at me to continue to mock me (your words) which I have not done to you.
let me repeat the question seeing that you are having trouble with it, lets see if you have the honesty and integrity to answer it. Being a moralist yourself it should pose no problem. Christ commanded the disciples to go teaching and preaching, (matt 28:19,20) I am asking you, how you carry out this commission, its not a personal question about your life, so please tell us, as a Christian how you fulfil this commission? I can tell you how i do it without giving away any personal details, so how do you do it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 13
2 edits

lets ask you about your preaching and teaching activity and your public ministry, how do you conduct it in view of Christ's command to all Christians to go and make disciples of people of all the nations? Your opinions about Jehovah witnesses or other religions are meaningless to me, your assertions of dishonesty hypocritical. You were caught blata ...[text shortened]... ) He that is not on my side is against me, and [b]he that does not gather with me scatters.[/b]
HOW DO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BAPTIZE?

Acts 2:38 records the Apostle Peter’s words on the day of Pentecost, “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’” This was a strong affirmation by Peter that “there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Being baptized in the name of Jesus indicates an understanding by the person being baptized that Christ is the Savior.

Christian baptism is also in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). Being baptized in this manner simply means we are identifying ourselves with the Trinity. We belong to the Father, are saved by the Son, and indwelt by the Spirit. This is similar to how we pray in Jesus’ name (John 14:13). If we pray in the name of Jesus, we are praying with His authority and asking God the Father to act upon our prayers because we come in the name of His Son, Jesus. Being baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is being baptized in identification with them and their power over and in our lives. Jesus Himself specifically tells us to baptize “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19).

In the Book of Acts, new believers were baptized in the name of Jesus (Acts 2:38; 8:12; 8:16; 10:48; 19:5). It is, however, essentially the same thing—Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit are one (John 10:30; Acts 16:7). Per Jesus’ own instructions, believers should be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but as the book of Acts proves, baptizing in the name of Jesus is also done. The bottom line is that the name/names in which we are baptized is not as important as the recognition that baptism identifies us with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, our Savior. We are buried with Him and risen to walk with Him in newness of life.

http://www.gotquestions.org/baptism-Jesus-name.html

The only thing I disagree with in the referenced article is that there was not many names the apostles baptized in that was was in accordance with the instruction of Jesus. They no longer baptized with the baptism of John the Baptist or any other person. They only considered baptizing in the name of Jesus valid and no other name or names.

The Instructor

Moves
12 Jun 13

let me repeat the question seeing that you are having trouble with it, lets see if you have the honesty and integrity to answer it. Being a moralist yourself it should pose no problem. Christ commanded the disciples to go teaching and preaching, (matt 28:19,20) I am asking you, how you carry out this commission, its not a personal question about y ...[text shortened]... sion? I can tell you how i do it without giving away any personal details, so how do you do it.
If I give you an answer to satisfy your slavering curiosity about my private ministry, will you give me your word as a Jehovah's Witness, that you will give me a definitive and finite yes or a no in this forum to my dilemma question?

rc

Moves
12 Jun 13
2 edits

If I give you an answer to satisfy your slavering curiosity about my private ministry, will you give me your word as a Jehovah's Witness, that you will give me a definitive and finite yes or a no in this forum to my dilemma question?
i have not asked you about your private affairs nor a private ministry, i have asked you about a public ministry and how it is conducted, of course it came as no surprise that you proffered nothing but excuses so far as to how it is carried out. Is it a secret? are you in a secret cult that will not tell us? Perhaps you use telepathy, messages in bottles, carrier pigeon? It does seem somewhat strange that such a fundamental teaching of Jesus could prove so troublesome for you, after all, one does not light a lamp and hide it under a basket.

Moves
12 Jun 13

i have not asked you about your private affairs nor a private ministry, i have asked you about a public ministry and how it is conducted, of course it came as no surprise that you proffered nothing but excuses so far as to how it is carried out, although it does seem somewhat strange that such a fundamental teaching of Jesus could prove so troublesome for you, after all, one does not light a lamp and hide it under a basket.
Whatever ministry label you like...

Is that a yes or a no robbie?