1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 01:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You godda be kidding. You go door to door hawking your religion. Well, that puts you down a few notches. Not much I hate more than proselytizers. Notice the word, Prose, stories, Ly, lying, tizers, baptizers🙂
    "Notice the word, Prose, stories, Ly, lying, tizers, baptizers": What a keen eye and ear.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 02:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe johnnylongwoody was referring to the part where you say they will bascially lie to me after that, saying they will return and do not.

He wants to know what was your point in adding this claim as to what they do at the end of your encounter. It appears that their actions suggest they are some kind of scam artists to johnnylongwoody, do you agree or perhaps you have a different conclusion.

The Instructor
    It was a pattern that had occurred with every group that came and shared,
    they say they will come back and do not. Now if we were to part agreeing
    to disagree that would be one thing, but they lie. This has happened with
    several groups, in almost every state I've lived in so it wasn't just a local
    thing in one area, but several.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 02:13
    Originally posted by empovsun
    that's good of you to invite them in
    most people are just jerks about it
    like they were criminals, or some such nonsense

nothing wrong with having a nice chat with a bit of tea or lemonade
    JW's are pretty peaceful/nonviolent, from what i've seen
    Every time we invite them in, be they JW or Mormon it has always been a
    very nice time. We don't mind sharing or hearing what they have to say,
    if they come into my home to talk about God and salvation than I feel like
    I too get to share what I believe with them with all due respect.

A long time ago I used to share an apartment with another Christian and
    a Muslim from Jordon on a student visa, we lived above an apartment that
    the Mormon church rented for its people who were doing their 2 years, and
    we lived right down the street from a Kingdom Hall. We had more than a
    few all night conversations. They were always respectful, I learned a lot
    during that time.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 02:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It was a pattern that had occurred with every group that came and shared,
    they say they will come back and do not. Now if we were to part agreeing
    to disagree that would be one thing, but they lie. This has happened with
    several groups, in almost every state I've lived in so it wasn't just a local
    thing in one area, but several.
    Kelly
    They probably come across better prospects or they are trying to be pleasant by telling you they will return at a future time. But I also know how they have a tendency to get amnesia. So who knows?

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 02:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They probably come across better prospects or they are trying to be pleasant by telling you they will return at a future time. But I also know how they have a tendency to get amnesia. So who knows?

The Instructor
    I never understood why they would lie too, why not just say thank you for
    your time and leave. I'd have more respect for them if I didn't think they
    would lie to me, their belief system would have to stand or fall on its own
    but they lie when they part like that. Even sending a letter begging off the
    promise with a reason would be better than leaving with a broken promise.
    Kelly
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 03:322 edits
    I know there are JWs and Mormons here who believe that (a) they must share their religion and (b) apparently the only way to do that is to knock on people's doors.

Personally, I don't want anyone knocking on my door or telephoning me to sell me anything.

For the record, and I speak for myself.

I do not fault the Jehovah's Witnesses for going from door to door.
    I have no complaint with this method of evangelization.

I have issue with the wrongness of their teaching as they do it.
    They preach "another Jesus".

I do not fault them for the method of going from door to door.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 03:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    I know there are JWs and Mormons here who believe that (a) they must share their religion and (b) apparently the only way to do that is to knock on people's doors.

Personally, I don't want anyone knocking on my door or telephoning me to sell me anything.

I do not fault the Jehovah's Witnesse ...[text shortened]... [b]"another Jesus"

I do not fault them for the method of going from door to door.[/b]
    With all the means of communications we have today, why is it still necessary to go door to door? Can't they just use the Post Office to deliver their "Awake" papers and advertize their brand of religion to those that might be interested in learning more?

The instructor
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 05:35
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    (note -- Avon saleswomen used to go door to door trying to sell their makeup and perfume, etc.)

I have lived in this apartment two or three weeks. Twice now, people have come to the door trying to sell me their brand of religion. The second time, I told the woman "I don't discuss religion with people at my door." She looked stunned and said "You don't? ...[text shortened]... door or telephoning me to sell me anything.

What about you? What do you say to them?
    Irrespective of which religious organisation it is, ask them if it is necessary to become a member of their organisation in order to access eternal life.

If they say 'yes' request scriptural evidence, if they say 'no'...then why are they at your door.

Works every time.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 08:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Irrespective of which religious organisation it is, ask them if it is necessary to become a member of their organisation in order to access eternal life.

If they say 'yes' request scriptural evidence, if they say 'no'...then why are they at your door.

Works every time.
    or they could ask you to review a serious of Biblical texts and make an evaluation for yourself, works every time.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 08:18
    Originally posted by sonship

I do not fault the Jehovah's Witnesse ...[text shortened]... [b]"another Jesus"

I do not fault them for the method of going from door to door.[/b]
    you mean a different one from the torturer monster that you have created, you bet.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 09:411 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    or they could ask you to review a serious of Biblical texts and make an evaluation for yourself, works every time.
    Before any JW knocked on my door I had already made a serious assessment of your religious cult and found it to be lacking in scriptural integrity, erroneous on a plethora of core Christian truths such as the deity of Christ, and salvation through faith, I found it to be full of crazy idiosyncratic and dangerous dogmatic tenants such as forbidding blood transfusions, cruel in its demands to deny children the joy of birthdays and Christmas, unconstitutional it's approach to education, and duplicitous and dishonest in its management of its own failed prophetic statements. Then after i had made my position clear they came once again to my door and as a last resort as someone wondering if perhaps there was a compelling reason i should join, I asked them if I would be precluded from eternal life if I did not join. Guess what they said...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 09:43
    Btw way grampy bobby seems to think all these "beefs" are nothing to worry about, maybe you should get him signed up as he's on his last legs apparently.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 09:563 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Before any JW knocked on my door I had already made a serious assessment of your religious cult and found it to be lacking in scriptural integrity, erroneous on a plethora of core Christian truths such as the deity of Christ, and salvation through faith, I found it to be full of crazy idiosyncratic and dangerous dogmatic tenants such as forbidding blood asked them if I would be precluded from eternal life if I did not join. Guess what they said...
    bwahahaha, you dont even know the meaning of the term cult and here you are proffering your opinion as some kind of self certifiable proof for nothing more than prejudices, I mock your pretensions!

Let us examine your ignorance of our beliefs just for moment,

1. we also believe that Christ was a divine being.
    2, we also believe that everlasting life is a free gift

one wonders where you researched our beliefs, on the back of a cornflakes packet in all probability.

Now i dont like to see am man look so thoroughly stupid, but if you are going to continue to rant against others, please try to find out what it is they actually profess, prior to ranting, who knows it may just save you from looking so thoroughly silly in future, but i doubt it.

Also rather interesting is your use of children as some kind of reason, do you normally stoop to using children as an emotive argument for lack of reason? where did you read about that, the now defunct news of the world?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 10:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    bwahahaha, you dont even know the meaning of the term cult and here you are proffering your opinion as some kind of self certifiable proof for nothing more than prejudices, I mock your pretensions!

Let us examine your ignorance of our beliefs just for moment,

1. we also believe that Christ was a divine being.
    2, we also believe that everlasti ...[text shortened]... argument for lack of reason? where did you read about that, the now defunct news of the world?
    Christ was a divine being. What do you believe Christ is now?

The Instructor
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 10:341 edit
    you mean a different one from the torturer monster that you have created, you bet.

I count this comment as almost hysterical slander.
    You have no shown me I have "created" a concept that cannot be found in the Holy Bible.

Rather I recognize many sides and aspects to God. Why should God not have many aspects love with righteousness, kindness with severity, longsuffering with accountability, faithfulness with decisiveness, mercy with justice.

You're a fool thinking that only aspects you like are the only aspects to the eternal uncreated Divine Being.

Folks I would like to introduce you to the Christians I meet with throughout the world through this website:

http://an-open-letter.org

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree