1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 04:174 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i always find the 'state of bliss' description of heaven interesting. i think its impossible to have free will and have the stasis of permanent bliss. even if it was possible to achieve a permanent 'anything' it renders the feeling meaningless as it has no reference to define what you are experiencing. you have to have unhappiness to understand happines ut god mentality with the ask lots of questions approach to life we want our kids to take?
    Again, if it were true then you would not feel eternal bliss. You may feel a sense of great relief and a momentary bliss for a minute, but then , now knowing your place in the big picture, you would get on with the business of "bringing more light into this universe". After all that is the purpose of acsended entities. When we get to "heaven" (5th dimension) we dont just become static , blissing out and adoring the non-existent Lord 24/7.
    We keep learning and evolving (or so it seems in "heaven" ), and as we learn we change the universe for the better for we are now fully concious that we are one with the matrix of our creation.
  2. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 16:372 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if and i say if i went to heaven my marriage may be annulled in gods eyes, but it wouldnt stop me from treating my partner like she was my wife. this would prove to be impossible if i had two loves and would put me in a very difficult position. how is god going to set up parameters that would stop this from happening. remember their is more to love and ...[text shortened]... arding this line of debate - if marriage is banned in heaven, does this mean sex is also banned?
    jaywilll here, on GSWILL's PC by permission.

if and i say if i went to heaven my marriage may be annulled in gods eyes, but it wouldnt stop me from treating my partner like she was my wife.

You will not be forced to go to heaven against your will. From what I have read from you it seems you would find heaven a undesireable place to be.

So let us first imagine that you have had a change in heart somewhere along the way in life. Now, we assume, you want to be with Christ wherever He may be.

Let's also assume your wife and you meet in the world to come.

this would prove to be impossible if i had two loves and would put me in a very difficult position.

Your problem in understanding has to do with a very superfiscial concept of what Christ's full salvation means. You are not alone.

You assume that Christ's salvation is mainly a matter of GOING - as is, to some happy paradise place, ie. heaven. "Because of salvation, I get to GO TO ... this happy place where everything is very nice."

Well, I do not deny that the environment of the new heaven and new earth is to be Paradise. But that is SECONDARY to the inward transformation of the mind, emotion, and will of the inner being of man (plus the glorification of the body).

Don't get tired of reading yet !! This takes some time.

The environment fell because MAN fell.
    The environment is restored and made glorious because the saved MAN is made glorious first, thoroughly by being tranformed to be like Christ.

Maybe you have seen a bumper sticker saying "Arrive Stoned" ?
    The New Testament is like - "Arrive Conformed to be like Jesus Christ".

In short you have to consider what will be the priorities of your past wife and you, once your mind, emotion, will, conscience, heart, and soul have been conformed to be like Jesus Christ. What will be your topmost enjoyment ?

Now to borrow a passage about God's preparation of our future, Paul said - "Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard and [which have not come up in man's heart; things which God has prepared for those who love Him." ( 1 Cor. 2:9)

I cannot completely judge my enjoyment in the coming world based only on what my eyes have seen and my ears have heard and has been imagined in my heart in THIS world. But I do have a pledge, a down payment, a appetizer of the fuller feast to come.

This enjoyment is of the pure, the righteous, the forebearing, the trust, the hope, the peace that is in Christ. This is a victorious peace within all kinds of unfortunate circumstances, even the death of a loved one.

Even to be regenerated by Christ in the born again event carries enjoyments which were not seen, nor heard, nor imagined by a man as an unbeliever. The coming world is more of the unanticpated.

The regenerated Christian has some appetizer, some forestaste of the coming age. The enjoyment of God's life in eternity may be beyond our anticipation in many regards. But the Christian is in the FORETASTE of what she or he will have a FULLER Taste of to come.

In a real sense PART of his being is already IN the next age. He enters the next world from the INSIDE first - his reborn human spirit.

how is god going to set up parameters that would stop this from happening. remember their is more to love and a relationship than than marriage, i loved my wife before we were married and i would love her after.

I suspect that some things will not come up in the mind to recall. This is based on Isaiah's word -

"For I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and the former things will not be remembered, Nor will they come up in the heart.

But rejoice and exult forever in what I create, For I am now creating Jerusalem as an exultation and her people as a rejoicing ... "( Isaiah 65:17,18)

This was an old testament passage comforting Israel that old sorrows would not come to mind in His new heaven and new earth. It must be applicable to new covenant believers as well.

The previous verse 16 says - "... the former troubles are forgotten and because they are hidden from My sight." (v.16)

Now think logically here. If in His redemptive death God is able to forget our sins completely as if we had never sinned, and if we are to be conformed to the image of His Son, then it follows that there will be some powerful forgetting in the minds of the sons of God also.

I have to go do some stuff now. Cannot write more now.
  3. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 16:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    According to the Bible there is no marriage between men and women in Heaven. This is well documented in scripture.
    According to the bible there is no male nor female which makes sex kind of pointless.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 16:312 edits
    The sons of God no longer marry in the eternal age. The marriage is between God and His collective bride the New Jerusalem.

But there are the nations around the New Jerusalem. They may continue to marry and multiply. I am not positive. But I think this is so.

We do not know all the details of the happenings in the universe in eternity future. If you read the bible carefully, you may see that there is the New Jerusalem as the sons of God. And there is surrounding the New Jerusalem the restored nations walking in her light.

These nations around the city of God may continue to procreate. Maybe the capital of the new universe will be this planet and the kingdom of God will expand to the galaxies.

We do not know all these details of eternity. Now is a good time to seek a happy marriage for the enjoyment of romantic and sexual union.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree