1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    really?!? does the scripture explain how it thinks this will change human behavior? does this abolish the no sex out of wedlock rule?
    Yes, really, it is well documented.

No, those particular scriptures don't explain "changes in human behaviour" nor whether "people should have sex in or out of wedlock"; although other scriptures do if you cared to look them up. Why you would expect them to do so is a little obscure tbh.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 00:50
    Originally posted by JS357
    I have edited it from, "😉 to " ) which gets rid of the RHP smiley but your question is probably about the word mundane.

By mundane I mean for most of us, it depicts a life sort of like the ordinary ones we live now, in at least the sense of having duties in a heirarchy of beings in a ruled domain of the anointed, and there being an earthly kind of afterlife ...[text shortened]... "mundane" with "transcendent" or "ineffable." I don't mean it in any derogatory way.
    Who or what "depicts" the life you think ones would be doing in heaven?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 01:18
    Originally posted by JS357
    We can assume there are answers to this kind of question, for example, how old will we be forever, will a person born blind be given sight, etc. Even if we don't have the answers, we can assume they will be answered satisfactorily when the time comes, right?

Otherwise there would be a lot of questions to handle.
    And the biggest question of all: Why would a god WANT to give billions and perhaps trillions of people immortal lives?

That is the silliest proposition ever made.

It would be like us having a favorite ant colony and then finding out they can make SOME of them immortal just for your own pleasure.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 10:05
    the story of the sadducees doesnt really answer much. they attempt to trick jesus. jesus gives them an answer that explains why they are wrong. sadly we do not have the option to sit down and ask the head honcho how he plans on running the show.
    i also note the way by answering the sadducees, jesus is also very vague at the same time. just saying 'the ...[text shortened]... r freewill.
    i see that it says we will be 'like angels' does anybody know what this means?
    Revelation 19: 6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

I didn't say there wouldn't be marriage.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 10:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Revelation 19: 6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! 7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be ar ...[text shortened]... mony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

I didn't say there wouldn't be marriage.
    Kelly
    sorry, you didnt. it was galveston who said no marriage. the story who's direction you pointed me to, the one bride for seven brothers does say that there will be no marriage in heaven, although it doesnt say if old marriages will be annulled.
    its another odd thing to add to my list of crazy god rules. marriage is important then its not.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 10:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes, really, it is well documented.

No, those particular scriptures don't explain "changes in human behaviour" nor whether "people should have sex in or out of wedlock"; although other scriptures do if you cared to look them up. Why you would expect them to do so is a little obscure tbh.
    i didnt really expect it to. i just find it funny that these sweeping changes in rules can happen in 'gods' world and christians just seem to go along with it. nobody seems to want to know why. why cant we get married in heaven? or what the implications are on a bigger scale, such as - will we still be male and female? can we still have sex? can we still behave like a married couple? why does marriage work on earth but no heaven? and so on.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '12 10:54
    sorry, you didnt. it was galveston who said no marriage. the story who's direction you pointed me to, the one bride for seven brothers does say that there will be no marriage in heaven, although it doesnt say if old marriages will be annulled.
    its another odd thing to add to my list of crazy god rules. marriage is important then its not.
    I'd say it very important in the here and now and later, but context will be different
    later.
    Kelly
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '12 15:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Death abolishes all marriage ties. " Untill death do us part". So if this senario were true, Bob is a single man and can choose his own future.
    Well stated. I didn't consider that, but you are right, the wedding vows do indeed, per the vows phrased and given before God, end at death, contract completed. Also, other than the physical aspects of love, as we humans understand it, why should it be any problem for multiple people to truly love and care for each other? We love our parents right? Siblings? Friends?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 21:164 edits
    bob gets married to the love of his life sandra they live in bliss for 10 years then sandra dies of cancer. bob's gutted but gets on with his life, a few years later bob marries again to the lovely claire and has a long and happy life together. claire dies at the ripe old age of 85, bob goes on for a few more years then also dies. god say 'bob you have .what does bob do? as there is no bad feeling in heaven how does god sort this situation out?
    bob gets married to the love of his life sandra they live in bliss for 10 years then sandra dies of cancer. bob's gutted but gets on with his life, a few years later bob marries again to the lovely claire and has a long and happy life together. claire dies at the ripe old age of 85, bob goes on for a few more years then also dies. god say 'bob you have lived a good life and been an honest man, come on in'. bob walks through the gates and there stood waiting for him are sandra and claire........what does bob do? as there is no bad feeling in heaven how does god sort this situation out?

This question was basically asked in essence over 2,000 years ago of Jesus.

See Matthew 22:22-33 The ancient modernists, the Sadducees tried to trap the Son of God with a question about seven brothers who all married the same wife. Each brother died and the next married the woman.

"In the resurrection, then, whose wife will she be of the seven ? For they all had her." (v.28)

Basically it is the same delimma. In the next world how will all this spouse sharing be reconciled ?

The ancient modernists asked. And the modern modernists re-ask, with a few minor adjustments. Both think they are rather clever.

Actually the Bible's salvation is not about going to Heaven. It is more about Heaven getting into you.

Uriah the Hittite had his wife stolen by David. Then David had him murdered. If both David and Uriah are found in the coming kingdom after the resurrection of the believers ( I see no particular reason why Uriah the Hititte would not be a believer in David's God ), will David and Uriah be able to look each other in the face peacefully ?

I say, definitely yes. David and Uriah will be able to glowingly look each other in the face with full forgiveness and love.

Any residue of unforgiveness must be transformed out of God's sons because His eternal purpose is to conform the elect into the image of Christ that He would be the Firstborn among many brothers.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28)

God alone, is able to cause "all things" to work together for His good upon those who are called according to His eternal purpose. God is able to turn all mmisfortune into great fortune to those who love God.

"Because whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON ..." (v.28a)

In the resurrection there is no marriage of male and female with those in the New Jerusalem. They are conformed, transformed, transfigured to be like Christ within and without.

This is the ultimate state and the final destination. The process may not be completed with everyone at the second coming of Christ. But it must be comppleted.

In thought, attitude, memory, intention, conscience, grattitude and forgiveness and understanding the ones who love God and are called according to His eternal purpose cannot avoid to be transformed to be like Christ.

This is the short answer. If I try to preemptively tie up a few lose ends, I will be deemed as too verbose.

So I will just have to wait to see what "problems" the skeptic will try to pounce on, thinking of course that the Christian didn't think of something. Then I may reply to those criticisms in another post.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '12 22:12
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [quote] bob gets married to the love of his life sandra they live in bliss for 10 years then sandra dies of cancer. bob's gutted but gets on with his life, a few years later bob marries again to the lovely claire and has a long and happy life together. claire dies at the ripe old age of 85, bob goes on for a few more years then also dies. god say 'bob you ha ...[text shortened]... idn't think of something. Then I may reply to those criticisms in another post.
    if and i say if i went to heaven my marriage may be annulled in gods eyes, but it wouldnt stop me from treating my partner like she was my wife. this would prove to be impossible if i had two loves and would put me in a very difficult position. how is god going to set up parameters that would stop this from happening. remember their is more to love and a relationship than than marriage, i loved my wife before we were married and i would love her after.

i think this is an important issue regarding this line of debate - if marriage is banned in heaven, does this mean sex is also banned?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 03:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And the biggest question of all: Why would a god WANT to give billions and perhaps trillions of people immortal lives?

That is the silliest proposition ever made.

It would be like us having a favorite ant colony and then finding out they can make SOME of them immortal just for your own pleasure.
    You apparently have nothing in or about your life that you wish would last forever. Then, I think you have led a sad life of no value to yourself.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 03:49
    if and i say if i went to heaven my marriage may be annulled in gods eyes, but it wouldnt stop me from treating my partner like she was my wife. this would prove to be impossible if i had two loves and would put me in a very difficult position. how is god going to set up parameters that would stop this from happening. remember their is more to love and ...[text shortened]... arding this line of debate - if marriage is banned in heaven, does this mean sex is also banned?
    Who said marriage is banned in heaven. Have you not read of the marriage supper of the lamb? The following link gives one of many interpretation of it:

http://endtimepilgrim.org/marriage.htm
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 04:02
    bob gets married to the love of his life sandra they live in bliss for 10 years then sandra dies of cancer. bob's gutted but gets on with his life, a few years later bob marries again to the lovely claire and has a long and happy life together. claire dies at the ripe old age of 85, bob goes on for a few more years then also dies. god say 'bob you have ...[text shortened]... .what does bob do? as there is no bad feeling in heaven how does god sort this situation out?
    Let love rule? (Either the couple with the strongest bond get together or they have a three way r'ship)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 04:031 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    According to the Bible there is no marriage between men and women in Heaven. This is well documented in scripture.
    What about girlfriends? or soulmates ? or ..... sexy house cleaners?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 04:08
    i think these are very important questions. if i was blind or had something worse like locked in syndrome i think its very important to know the answers and shocking that god doesnt deem it important enough to explain to humans what they can expect in the after-life.
    there are no conditions in which heaven could be perfect for everybody, unless god changes human nature, but changing us to make us always happy is a fake happiness.
    In all seriousness, if there is a heaven which is feasible,(ie meets the requirements of actually existing forever, and not just a limited human projection), our physical senses would be discarded in exchange for one all powerful "sense" (in heaven) , which does what all the other senses do and more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree