1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whichever side produces the most coercion will win. The problem is, you have no idea what the other side is using to coerce them.
    Do you personally believe that women sitting astride a motorcycle is morally acceptable?

Do you think it's morally sound to oppose restrictions such as these enacted and enforced by local legislators and bureaucrats?
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:54
    Whichever side produces the most coercion will win. The problem is, you have no idea what the other side is using to coerce them.
    Seriously Whodey are you a little bit concerned that you might have slipped into a clinical depression since the election, your post's are no less monochrome than before but they have lost that 'Devil may care' attitude.

I am actually not taking the piss.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you personally believe that women sitting astride a motorcycle is morally acceptable?

Do you think it's morally sound to oppose restrictions such as these enacted and enforced by local legislators and bureaucrats?
    I think it is absurd, but who cares what Whodey thinks?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Seriously Whodey are you a little bit concerned that you might have slipped into a clinical depression since the election, your post's are no less monochrome than before but they have lost that 'Devil may care' attitude.

I am actually not taking the piss.
    Clinical depression? LOL.

Looking at the world the way it is, it would not be a hard thing to do. The key in overcoming it is realizing that a far greater power is in the world than the dark forces that seem to control it. Their is always a Churchill or Ghandi to remind us as much.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:59
    I think it is absurd, but who cares what Whodey thinks?
    Do you care about what the victims of these backward bye laws think?

You seem determined to talk mostly about yourself, and your own sterile nihilism and dearth of ideas, and little else.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 17:011 edit

Looking at the world the way it is, it would not be a hard thing to do.
    Do you know what "clinical depression" is, whodey? It's inside a person's head and affects his perceptions and behaviour. "Clinical depression" is not found or caused by "looking at the world the way it is".
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 17:12

Looking at the world the way it is, it would not be a hard thing to do. The key in overcoming it is realizing that a far greater power is in the world than the dark forces that seem to control it. Their is always a Churchill or Ghandi to remind us as much.
    " Their is always a Churchill or Ghandi to remind us as much."

See that's it, That droll humour that put's Churchill and Gahndi on the side of the same Angels, old school whodeyesque. The trick is to be aloof but not isolated.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 01:15
    Everyones concern for my personal welfare is truly touching.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 01:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you care about what the victims of these backward bye laws think?

You seem determined to talk mostly about yourself, and your own sterile nihilism and dearth of ideas, and little else.
    Sure it troubles me when people are herded like cattle, but that is the human condition. Mankind has traditionally been a slave to the whims of other men. If making this observation clinically depressed then I need some prozac I suppose.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 04:58
    Sure it troubles me when people are herded like cattle, but that is the human condition. Mankind has traditionally been a slave to the whims of other men.
    If there was a bye law in Lhokseumawe forbidding women in the town to walk around topless (like women in Bali used to), would you support it or oppose it?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 05:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    If there was a bye law in Lhokseumawe forbidding women in the town to walk around topless (like women in Bali used to), would you support it or oppose it?
    That depends, are they good looking?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 05:28
    That depends, are they good looking?
    It's a serious question. Would you support or oppose such a bye law?
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 07:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    So if you were an activist in Lhokseumawe who disagreed with this bye law, what would you do? This story is essentially to do with a federal government having given power to local areas at provincial and local levels. The local officials imposing this ban are not "progressives". What would be your strategy for arguing against what has happened in Lhokseumawe?
    The local officials obviously have balls so blue they're practically indigo, and desperately need to get laid.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 12:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's a serious question. Would you support or oppose such a bye law?
    No.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 12:52
    Would you support or oppose such a bye law? Which?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree