1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 00:48
    Originally posted by epic0002
    I guess whoever answers your question would be able to say if you or I would go to hell or heaven too.
    In that case maybe you shouldn't advocate the position that baptism is a neccessary part of salvation
  2. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 01:00
    Originally posted by duecer
    In that case maybe you shouldn't advocate the position that baptism is a neccessary part of salvation
    I only stated Gods commandment for theneed to be baptized for salvation just in case somebody hasnt read the Bible .advocate? maybe but that doesnt change what the Word says.
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 01:23
    I only stated Gods commandment for theneed to be baptized for salvation just in case somebody hasnt read the Bible .advocate? maybe but that doesnt change what the Word says.
    the problem is that it is open to interpretation
  4. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 01:33
    the problem is that it is open to interpretation
    its literal
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 01:44
    its literal
    only the points that you qoute, others see it differently
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 16:07
    I grew up in the United Methodist Churchm but joined a Lutheran one about 4 years ago (Mo. Synod). I made a comment once about communion articles being symbols of Christ's love for us, and boy that was a mistake! No, I wasn't condemned or anything--they're wonderful people. I just didn't know how strongly Lutheran's felt about the subject of communion--that the wafers and wine are not symbols at all, but the REAL things. Not exactly like the Catholic's trans-substantiation--more con-substantiation. Along the way, I also learned that Lutheran's DO believe salvation requires baptism (or, as with the thief on the cross, etc.) divine intervention. And that when Peter was told by Jesus that he would be the rock on which He built His church, it meant all of us (Christians). Something to do with Office of the Keys, "loosing on earth what will be loosed in heaven", and other things I do not understand. In short, I find I believe none of those 3 doctrines. Guess I'm still clinging to the UMC paradigm. But do I feel guilty or that I'm a "bad Lutheran"? Nope. Just a free-thinking one.
  7. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 17:42
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I grew up in the United Methodist Churchm but joined a Lutheran one about 4 years ago (Mo. Synod). I made a comment once about communion articles being symbols of Christ's love for us, and boy that was a mistake! No, I wasn't condemned or anything--they're wonderful people. I just didn't know how strongly Lutheran's felt about the subject of communion- ...[text shortened]... ut do I feel guilty or that I'm a "bad Lutheran"? Nope. Just a free-thinking one.
    it sounds like your babbling is a mix of everything you havnt learned all your life😕
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 18:10
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I grew up in the United Methodist Churchm but joined a Lutheran one about 4 years ago (Mo. Synod). I made a comment once about communion articles being symbols of Christ's love for us, and boy that was a mistake! No, I wasn't condemned or anything--they're wonderful people. I just didn't know how strongly Lutheran's felt about the subject of communion- ...[text shortened]... ut do I feel guilty or that I'm a "bad Lutheran"? Nope. Just a free-thinking one.
    in regards to communion, does that then mean that they are cannibals?
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 18:49
    in regards to communion, does that then mean that they are cannibals?
    I was interested in this one - I think it is still the theology of the mainstream Catholic church that the wafer and wine actually become the flesh and blood of Christ, while retaining the properties of the original substances. Cool.
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 19:26
    I am Methodist, and the cool thing about that, is that we are not a Creedal orginization. You do not have to believe everything that the Methodist church believes, only seek to live in peace with your fellow human beings.
  11. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 21:53
    Originally posted by genius
    What are you opinions on child baptism and believers baptism? What about baptism in general? As a Christian do you believe you must be baptised to get to heaven?
    born catholic
    raised catholic
    stay catholic
    die catholic

if i have no intrest in being a catholic i won't care if i was baptised or not

if i am proud to be catholic i will be glad that i was baptised
  12. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    02 Oct '07 22:53
    I am Methodist, and the cool thing about that, is that we are not a Creedal orginization. You do not have to believe everything that the Methodist church believes, only seek to live in peace with your fellow human beings.
    Methodism is a group of historically related denominations of Protestant Christianity. The Methodist movement traces its origin to the evangelistic teaching of John Wesley. It originated in 18th century Britain, and through vigorous missionary .... BLAH BLAH BLAH ...Anglican liturgy and traditi... In 2006 Methodism claimed some seventy-five million members worldwide.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE ARE 75 MILLION IDIOTS THAT PUT THEIR FAITH IN a man named JOHN WESLEY according to the encylopedia
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 02:17
    , CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE ARE 75 MILLION IDIOTS THAT PUT THEIR FAITH IN a man named JOHN WESLEY according to the encylopedia
    I suspect that most of them put their faith only in Jesus Christ. I'd be surpised if most Methodists know much about John Wesley.
  14. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 02:22
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I suspect that most of them put their faith only in Jesus Christ. I'd be surpised if most Methodists know much about John Wesley.
    do you think they would think differently about being called Methodist or practicing religion the way Jon Wesley thought it should be practiced if they knew a simple man that didnt like exactly what God was saying started his own church?
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '07 09:55
    Methodism is a group of historically related denominations of Protestant Christianity. The Methodist movement traces its origin to the evangelistic teaching of John Wesley. It originated in 18th century Britain, and through vigorous missionary .... BLAH BLAH BLAH ...Anglican liturgy and traditi... In 2006 Methodism claimed some seventy-five million members ...[text shortened]... E 75 MILLION IDIOTS THAT PUT THEIR FAITH IN a man named JOHN WESLEY according to the encylopedia
    They sound a LOT more advanced then your obsolete thinkings and beliefs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree