1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Joined
    12 Mar '02
    Moves
    15128
    29 Sep '07 08:29
    What are you opinions on child baptism and believers baptism? What about baptism in general? As a Christian do you believe you must be baptised to get to heaven?
  2. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    1930
    29 Sep '07 11:03
    Originally posted by genius
    What are you opinions on child baptism and believers baptism? What about baptism in general? As a Christian do you believe you must be baptised to get to heaven?
    As I child you mean baby / todler right? I am a Christian and we believe when you get baptised you are showing the public you are showing you wan to live for the Lord ,and you are biblically responisle of keeping the faith.

    I don't believe you MUST be baptised to be saved, but I balieve it is a very god idea 😀
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    29 Sep '07 13:29
    Originally posted by genius
    What are you opinions on child baptism and believers baptism? What about baptism in general? As a Christian do you believe you must be baptised to get to heaven?
    Infant baptism welcomes a child into the faith community. Religions with infant baptism generally have another rite, such as confirmation, that matches believer's baptism, i.e. the child/youth/adult is then speaking for himself or herself and making his or her own commitment.

    My opinion is that there are a variety of religions because people have a variety of spiritual needs. Thus whichever version of the rite works for you is what's right for you.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    29 Sep '07 13:45
    Originally posted by genius
    What are you opinions on child baptism and believers baptism? What about baptism in general? As a Christian do you believe you must be baptised to get to heaven?
    Clearly the man on the cross who died next to Jesus was not baptized and went to heaven because he had faith in Christ. On the other hand, we are clearly commanded to be baptized and Christ himself ordered John the Baptist to batize him.
  5. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    29 Sep '07 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Infant baptism welcomes a child into the faith community. Religions with infant baptism generally have another rite, such as confirmation, that matches believer's baptism, i.e. the child/youth/adult is then speaking for himself or herself and making his or her own commitment.

    My opinion is that there are a variety of religions because people have a v ...[text shortened]... of spiritual needs. Thus whichever version of the rite works for you is what's right for you.
    You are correct. In Catholicism, and other episcopal denominations, the child is claimed for Christ by the parents, and upon confirmation, they fulfill their baptismal rites
  6. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Joined
    02 Aug '05
    Moves
    39001
    30 Sep '07 01:13
    the Christian believes that one must hear the word, believe it, repent of their sins,confess Christ is the son of God, and then be Baptized for the remission of sins. I dont think my 3 year old son understands that. when he IS able to I could only hope he chooses to follow the Bible.
  7. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    30 Sep '07 01:38
    Originally posted by epic0002
    the Christian believes that one must hear the word, believe it, repent of their sins,confess Christ is the son of God, and then be Baptized for the remission of sins. I dont think my 3 year old son understands that. when he IS able to I could only hope he chooses to follow the Bible.
    So people who don't follow that order aren't Christians?
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    6785
    30 Sep '07 06:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Clearly the man on the cross who died next to Jesus was not baptized and went to heaven because he had faith in Christ. On the other hand, we are clearly commanded to be baptized and Christ himself ordered John the Baptist to batize him.
    The man on the cross next to Jesus was in a different time dispensation then we are now? Jesus was not yet dead?
  9. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Joined
    02 Aug '05
    Moves
    39001
    30 Sep '07 14:09
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    So people who don't follow that order aren't Christians?
    thats the way Christ established the way to salvation.Christians are people who believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and believes in his life and teachings. So if you dont believe and follow his teachings then...
  10. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    30 Sep '07 23:39
    Originally posted by epic0002
    thats the way Christ established the way to salvation.Christians are people who believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and believes in his life and teachings. So if you dont believe and follow his teachings then...
    rubbish, you understand nothing about what Jesus taught
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    01 Oct '07 00:57
    Originally posted by genius
    What are you opinions on child baptism and believers baptism? What about baptism in general? As a Christian do you believe you must be baptised to get to heaven?
    Infant baptism is for the parents.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    01 Oct '07 01:15
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    The man on the cross next to Jesus was in a different time dispensation then we are now? Jesus was not yet dead?
    Acts 2:21 "And it will come to passs that whosoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

    So which dispensation does this fall under?
  13. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Joined
    02 Aug '05
    Moves
    39001
    01 Oct '07 02:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Acts 2:21 "And it will come to passs that whosoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

    So which dispensation does this fall under?
    that verse falls under the law of Christ or the New Testament... ALONG with the other 8000 verses that people pick and choose out of to hear what they want to hear.
  14. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    01 Oct '07 10:56
    a native of an African (non christian) tribe recieves Christ as his lord and saviour, he walks out of the hut(church) and promptly gets rub down by a bus, so are you saying this man goes to hell?
  15. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Joined
    02 Aug '05
    Moves
    39001
    02 Oct '07 00:03
    Originally posted by duecer
    a native of an African (non christian) tribe recieves Christ as his lord and saviour, he walks out of the hut(church) and promptly gets rub down by a bus, so are you saying this man goes to hell?
    I guess whoever answers your question would be able to say if you or I would go to hell or heaven too.
Back to Top