Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

1. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    27 Nov '17 08:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    3 21 14 20

Go figure.
    Ummmm, you misspelled what you were trying to say here, didn't you?

EDIT: Jeeez, never mind, I'm so tired right now that I apparently can't count.
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    27 Nov '17 09:02
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Actually I think it is pretty clear; the instruction is to kill anyone worshipping other gods.

I'm merely pointing out that some Christians could take this as a literal instruction.
    (The same way that some Muslims do)

It is all the same.
    Christians, or people claiming to be Christians?

Because that's not how Christians roll. If they do, then obviously, they're not Christians.

Remember Frank Zappa?

He said, "Is that a real Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?"

A shocking number of Christians today are "Sears Christians".
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    27 Nov '17 09:09
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Christians, or people claiming to be Christians?

Because that's not how Christians roll. If they do, then obviously, they're not Christians.

Remember Frank Zappa?

He said, "Is that a real Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?"

A shocking number of Christians today are "Sears Christians".
    Based on their behaviour and what they say, who do you think are genuine and not genuine Christians here in this community?
  4. Standard member dj2becker
    Hoarse whisperer
    27 Nov '17 09:45
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Based on their behaviour and what they say, who do you think are genuine and not genuine Christians here in this community?
    Why do you want her to 'play God'?
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    27 Nov '17 09:48
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Why do you want her to 'play God'?
    Why are you poking your nose in to try and fend off a perfectly reasonable question about the community in which we operate? It's her who has said some judgemental words about fellow Christians. Probing her to see if she can walk the walk rather than just talk the talk on this matter is hardly asking her "to play God".
  6. Standard member dj2becker
    Hoarse whisperer
    27 Nov '17 10:10
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Why are you poking your nose in to try and fend off a perfectly reasonable question about the community in which we operate? It's her who has said some judgemental words about fellow Christians. Probing her to see if she can walk the walk rather than just talk the talk on this matter is hardly asking her "to play God".
    Her comment was made about Christians in general I doubt she was referring to specific 'people' on this site.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    27 Nov '17 10:13
    Her comment was made about Christians in general I doubt she was referring to specific 'people' on this site.
    That's why I asked her what I asked her.
  8. Standard member dj2becker
    Hoarse whisperer
    28 Nov '17 03:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Actually I think it is pretty clear; the instruction is to kill anyone worshipping other gods.

I'm merely pointing out that some Christians could take this as a literal instruction.
    (The same way that some Muslims do)

It is all the same.
    Christians who do take that literally would obviously not have read the new testament and understand what the new covenant is about. They would also be ignoring the blatant instruction to love your enemy and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
  9. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    29 Nov '17 11:51
    Christians who do take that literally would obviously not have read the new testament and understand what the new covenant is about. .
    They would probably say the same of you.