Be Like Christ  v Talk Like Paul

Be Like Christ v Talk Like Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
I would need to see the verse or verses as references to support the idea that "certain Christians" do not inherit the kingdom of God for living sinful lives.

I have a hard time believing "Christians" don't inherit.

Are you sure Paul isn't talking about unbelievers not inheriting?
Here it is. Paul addresses Christian Saints. If they walk in the Spirit and are led by the Spirit then they are not under the law. But if they fulfil the lust of the flesh they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
(Galatians 5:16-21 KJV)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Yes, and that is why Jesus expects love in return. Not for him but for all of mankind aka neighbours.
<<Yes, and that is why Jesus expects love in return. Not for him but for all of mankind aka neighbours.>>

If what you wrote here is true (and it’s not,) why is the greatest commandment, according to Jesus Christ, to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength a separate commandment - and considered more important - than the second commandment to love your neighbor as yourself?

And why do the majority of the Ten Commandments concern mankind’s relationship with God, while a minority concern mankind’s relationship with each other?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Songs about love without charity is nothing
Love is expressed in charity. You can’t have one without the other.

Your attempt to separate love and charity, as well as your attempt to separate saving faith from good works, is bizarre.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Here it is. Paul addresses Christian Saints. If they walk in the Spirit and are led by the Spirit then they are not under the law. But if they fulfil the lust of the flesh they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the fles ...[text shortened]... , that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
“So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

(Romans 8:8-9)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Yes, and that is why Jesus expects love in return. Not for him but for all of mankind aka neighbours.
Under the law man was commanded to love God.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Now, under grace, we love him, "because" he first loved us.

Do you understand the difference?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Under the law man was commanded to love God.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Now, under grace, we love him, "because" he first loved us.

Do you understand the difference?
Yes. I will continue tomorrow.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the fles ...[text shortened]... , that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
(Embolden mine)

The verse you quoted was written to believers, but look at what Paul says: 'that "they" which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.'

The "they" are not Christians.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Yes. I will continue tomorrow.
I have a question. Can an unsaved person love God? Can an unbeliever love God? Can anyone that is not born again and indwelt with the Spirit of God love God?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
2 edits

@josephw

The verse you quoted was written to believers, but look at what Paul says: 'that "they" which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.'

There' Christians incuded Joseph.
The "they" is defeated Christians, sons of God whom God loves and will have to discipline to perfect.

The discipline is not eternal but dispensational, temporary.

Read and understandg it this way, I propose - "As long as they are in that state, they cannot be qualified to inherit the kingdom of God in the millennium."

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said
@josephw

The "they" is defeated Christians, sons of God whom God loves and will have to discipline to perfect.

The discipline is not ...[text shortened]... y are in that state, they cannot be qualified to inherit the kingdom of God in the millennium." [/i]
The "great and precious promises" are ours at the moment of salvation.

2 Peter 1:5-11
¶ And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
¶ Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

There are things we must do to have an "abundant" entrance though.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[b]And such were some of you: but ye are washed, bu ...[text shortened]... they" which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.'

I strongly disagree. That story starts in the previous chapter with

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.(1 Corinthians 5:1 KJV)

There was sexual immorality prevalent in the church. Paul used that to warn then that all sin will not be tolerated and they [Christian Saints] who do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God. There is no indication that Paul is addressing unbelievers. Why would a letter to the Christian Saints at Corinth speak of unbelievers ? Makes no sense.

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: (1 Corinthians 1:1-2 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said
@josephw

The discipline is not ...[text shortened]... y are in that state, they cannot be qualified to inherit the kingdom of God in the millennium." [/i]
Blatant twisting the bible and here you are adding 'in the millennium'.

There is NO INERITANCE.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
The "great and precious promises" are ours at the moment of salvation.

2 Peter 1:5-11
¶ And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and ab ...[text shortened]... Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

There are things we must do to have an "abundant" entrance though.
This is correct. The great and precious promises are for Christian Saints who do the right thing. Paul identified several activities in the various churches that were sinful and which if left unchecked would lead to damnation. Hence these warnings were in every letter of Paul. Live righteously or face damnation, was Pauls warning. It is clear and unambiguous

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
I have a question. Can an unsaved person love God? Can an unbeliever love God? Can anyone that is not born again and indwelt with the Spirit of God love God?
That question requires some clarification. The saving process only started with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. IF that is so then can a person who lived in the 4000 yrs before Christ love God? the answer is YES.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I strongly disagree. That story starts in the previous chapter with

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.(1 Corinthians 5:1 KJV)

There was sexual immorality prevalent in the church. Paul used that to warn then that all sin will not b ...[text shortened]... ace call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: (1 Corinthians 1:1-2 KJV)[/i]
I'll have to disagree with your interpretation.

Paul doesn't condemn Christians or threaten them with the loss of salvation.

Paul does however warn of the consequences of disobedience. Loss of reward, miserable walk, etc.