Be Like Christ  v Talk Like Paul

Be Like Christ v Talk Like Paul

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
This is correct. The great and precious promises are for Christian Saints who do the right thing. Paul identified several activities in the various churches that were sinful and which if left unchecked would lead to damnation. Hence these warnings were in every letter of Paul. Live righteously or face damnation, was Pauls warning. It is clear and unambiguous
Again I'll ask for a scripture reference to support your claim that "damnation" awaits disobedient Christians.

You do realize what you're saying don't you? You're saying that there is something that can separate the born again Christian from the love of God.

Paul cleared that up in Romans chapter 8.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
That question requires some clarification. The saving process only started with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. IF that is so then can a person who lived in the 4000 yrs before Christ love God? the answer is YES.
The answer cannot be "yes".

Romans 5:6-10 makes it clear that an unsaved person is without strength, is a sinner and an enemy of God.

They cannot love God in that condition.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
The answer cannot be "yes".

Romans 5:6-10 makes it clear that an unsaved person is without strength, is a sinner and an enemy of God.

They cannot love God in that condition.
So, what of the 4000 yrs of people before Christ? I think Paul addressed that issue.

What is your opinion of their situation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Again I'll ask for a scripture reference to support your claim that "damnation" awaits disobedient Christians.

You do realize what you're saying don't you? You're saying that there is something that can separate the born again Christian from the love of God.

Paul cleared that up in Romans chapter 8.
I would have thought that Paul saying that there is no inheritance [several times] is conclusive and clear but apparently not. There are only two options at the end. Inheritance or no inheritance. One gets eternal life in the Kingdom of God and the other faces damnation. Pater said this

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)

Peter is addressing saved born-again Christian Saints
Those who are overcome by sin
Their end is worse than the beginning
It is better then did not know Christ ..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I would have thought that Paul saying that there is no inheritance [several times] is conclusive and clear but apparently not. There are only two options at the end. Inheritance or no inheritance. One gets eternal life in the Kingdom of God and the other faces damnation. Pater said this

[i]For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledg ...[text shortened]... are overcome by sin
Knowledge is not the same as belief.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Knowledge is not the same as belief.
Peter addresses born again Christian Saints, who obtained GRACE THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST. They are saved and justified by Christ.

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2 Peter 1:1-4 KJV)

Your posts continue to be total nonsense.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Peter addresses born again Christian Saints, who obtained GRACE THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST. They are saved and justified by Christ.

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge o ...[text shortened]... t is in the world through lust. (2 Peter 1:1-4 KJV)

Your posts continue to be total nonsense.
Knowledge is not the same as belief. One can have both, as knowledge can lead to belief.

But knowledge alone doesn’t save anyone. If it did, atheists and people who hate Jesus Christ would be saved because they obviously have knowledge of Him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Yes but a believer or follower can share the Gospel but still continue to live the most horrendous sinful lifestyle. What is more virtuous a man who believers and preaches or a man who lives righteously.
You can be a believer and still live completely in sin, not sure why you think one following the Lord would. If you are following the Lord you have made Him Lord and Savior you then belong to Christ. That would alter your life for the good.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You can be a believer and still live completely in sin, not sure why you think one following the Lord would. If you are following the Lord you have made Him Lord and Savior you then belong to Christ. That would alter your life for the good.
Take it up with Paul. Maybe he knew more than you

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Take it up with Paul. Maybe he knew more than you
I am asking you to explain your quote not something Paul said, there is a difference between you and Him. His words I have no issues with yours I do!

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said

[i]For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledg ...[text shortened]... are overcome by sin
Go back to verse 10 and following. Verses 20 and 21 cannot be taken out of context. The context is about the "them" in verse 10 through verse 22.

Peter is talking about false teachers and believers in that context.

When you see "they" and "them", and "us" and "we" in the New Testament it's talking about two distinct groups of men.

Go ahead and check it out and see if I'm wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I am asking you to explain your quote not something Paul said, there is a difference between you and Him. His words I have no issues with yours I do!
No inheritance for Christians who sin needs no explanation.

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.(Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Go back to verse 10 and following. Verses 20 and 21 cannot be taken out of context. The context is about the "them" in verse 10 through verse 22.

Peter is talking about false teachers and believers in that context.

When you see "they" and "them", and "us" and "we" in the New Testament it's talking about two distinct groups of men.

Go ahead and check it out and see if I'm wrong.
Yes, there are false teachers and false believers in the church from every age and every denomination , and Peter refers to those. There are also righteous Christians all throughout Christianity who will inherit the Kingdom of God.

[i]But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. (2 Peter 2:10 KJV) [/i[

These are bornagain Saints as Peter noted in his opening paragraph of the letter. This is what Jesus Christ will determine, who is who and judge accordingly.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
No inheritance for Christians who sin needs no explanation.

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which ...[text shortened]... is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.(Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)
<<No inheritance for Christians who sin needs no explanation.>>

You mean no inheritance for people who sin so much they are defined and identified by that sin, right?

That’s what Paul is talking about.

Not Christians who commit a sin and repent and seek forgiveness.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
<<No inheritance for Christians who sin needs no explanation.>>

You mean no inheritance for people who sin so much they are defined and identified by that sin, right?

That’s what Paul is talking about.

Not Christians who commit a sin and repent and seek forgiveness.
Ah right, this is how you justify breaking that commandment 36 times is it? You repent in private and seek forgiveness? That's how much you respect your god is it?